Author Topic: tried it all  (Read 481 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: tried it all
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Must not be ready to quit.
Yep, no roll.
Quitting is hard, and not for everyone. Too bad, because it is also awesome and will save your life.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 05:36:00 AM »
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Yep, no roll.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
I too quit drinking before I quit dipping. I've been alcohol free for 591 days and nicotine free for 103. I didn't hope for or try to do anything. I just quit. Read as much as you can on here especially the HOF speeches and words of wisdom. You may also want to read the introductions because many BAQs will use their intro like a sounding board or a diary. Just stay vigilant and keep close to KTC to make sure you don't drift. Think of it this way: quitting nicotine is like going to the gym because you'll never be glad you didn't.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
I certainly echo the thoughts of the badasses who have posted before I; but I will further emphasize that this will only work unless you throw yourself into the quit 110%. The "hope" and "I'll try" mentality will only get you as far as "oh well, what's one more dip. I'll just throw in these pouches I just bought, then I'll quit." Yea, I'm pretty sure that's what happens when you go at this half-ass and have a "rescue" supply on hand. How do I know this...because everyone, including myself, have gone through half-ass quits until we came here and learned to quit for real.

You are not alone bud, and we're here to make sure you hold true to your promise and word. That promise and word is posting roll. The foundation of your quit. Post roll and read up on this site. Drink the kool-aid and throw yourself into this quit with all you got. I promise, the dividends it pays off will make the initial suck look like chump change.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
It only works if you post roll.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
What these guys ^^^ said. Hard to break free and it will suck for a while, but if you throw yourself into the KTC style quit you can get your freedom back... Ball is in your court, you going to let a poison weed rule you?

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:32:00 AM »
If you want to quit with us, you have to throw that shit away. Even better: flush it.

If you don't want to be "cut short by something so avoidable" quit now. Don't drag this out. Going and buying a can of pouches just puts things off.

Get nicotine out of your system. I won't lie to you. It'll really suck for a few days, but it's so worth it. Going through the first few shitty days makes you realize what a hold nicotine has on your life and you'll never want to experience those first few days of quit again. Quit now and don't look back.

Learn how to post roll here. We do this every day (early in the day if at all possible) to promise not to use nicotine for that day. Just that day. You can do anything for just one day. That's why we quit one day at a time, here.

Your quit group will be February 2015. They're badasses and will welcome you with open arms if you really want to quit. Find them here.

Take your life back.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-11
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
Quote from: tee
No idea how this is going to go, but I have all the hope in the world that I just finished my last dip. I have been trying on and off for the past two years to kick the can. I am now in the military and am about to start the hardest scool of my life. I dipped all the way through highschool and it worsened when I got to college and started drinking even more heavily. I've never been addicted to alcohol so my first step was to just ice drinking all together-which has been very easy. I made it two days this week completely without chew then I went and bought a can of pouches. I have so much more to do I just don't want to get cut short by something so avoidable.
Welcome! Congrats on deciding to quit. Believe in quitting for yourself and you can. You have to want to do it for you. In order to quit with us, you'll have to make sure all those pouches and other nicotine substances are thrown away. Once that is done, you'll wanna head on over to Pre HOF February. That will be your group. You post roll with them everyday. Get to know them, exchange numbers with some people so you can create a support system for yourself. If you need any help, send me PM and i'll help you out to the best of my abilities.

Quit on quitter!

-Cpoz421

Offline tee

• Quit Date: 2014-11-14
tried it all
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
No idea how this is going to go, but I have all the hope in the world that I just finished my last dip. I have been trying on and off for the past two years to kick the can. I am now in the military and am about to start the hardest scool of my life. I dipped all the way through highschool and it worsened when I got to college and started drinking even more heavily. I've never been addicted to alcohol so my first step was to just ice drinking all together-which has been very easy. I made it two days this week completely without chew then I went and bought a can of pouches. I have so much more to do I just don't want to get cut short by something so avoidable.