Author Topic: quit tomorrow  (Read 365 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: quit tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 05:35:00 AM »
This is another disappointing example of how “Quit Tomorrow” rarely works. I can’t tell you how many “I’ll quit tomorrow’s” I dipped right on through. If you’re motivated enough to be on this site, motivated enough to post an Intro, then use that momentum to dump your can and start your quit! One more day of dipping isn’t going to make the Quitting any easier, and as you can see time and again on this site, when “tomorrow” gets here, that momentum might be lost.

I hope Wizard Sleeve, or Ed, or whoever he is, does find the courage to make “tomorrow” actually show up. I hope it doesn’t take him another 10 years. But this note is really for those folks who browse the Intro’s, knowing they need to quit, but aren’t sure if they can. YOU CAN. You can, but you have to take the plunge and be ready to work for it.

Offline Rkymtnman

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 12/25/2008
  • Interests: hunting, snowmobiling, dirt biking, mountain biking, camping, restoring old shit, building new shit, red neck shit
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »
wizard sleeve? WTF is wizard sleeve?

You are going to need to go back to using your edromero account. If you need your password reset, pm me.

You know how this works better than anyone. This is what? Your 4th "try"?

Just think Ed - had you stayed the course, you might still be in the 409 posting up in the 3440's. There are still 5 of us posting in there daily.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 07:13:00 AM »
Hey man, I hope that you choose to show back up and quit today like you stated.

You mentioned that you had been here before about 10 years ago. Do you remember your old username, or maybe the email you would have signed up with? I know itÂ’s been a long time, but users are only allowed one account, so weÂ’ll need to track down your old one.

DonÂ’t get discouraged, but quitting is not an overnight process. Taking one day off to avoid the fog at work is not going to cut it. For most people that fog can last a few weeks and the mental/ emotional strain will be a much more drawn out process. You need to prepare yourself for a drawn out battle.

The good news is that it does get batter and it is 100% worth it. Freedom is attainable and you can do it if youÂ’re willing to put the work in. We can help, but youÂ’ll need to embrace the program here.

Reach out if I can help.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
Tomorrow doesnÂ’t exist. Today is real. Flush it now and Post Day 1 of your quit.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »
Quit Now. Seriously. Now. When you look back, you won't regret quitting now. You may regret that for whatever reason, you lost the steam to quit tomorrow, and it's yet another 10 years until you try again.

Here is a link to your September Quit Group. That's where you will go early in the morning, every day, and post a promise to remain quit from all forms of nicotine for the rest of the day. Then, go there the next day and make the same promise, and repeat each day. We don't take weekends off, and we don't take holidays, birthdays, or sick days off. We post daily.

As for constipation, irritability, insomnia and brain fog, you know that's part of the deal. Part of the cost of years of stupidity. But, drinking lots of water, and exercise will help. Also, reading this site, especially the other intros as well as the HoF speeches. And, get to know the guys in your group. It's still early on in September, so you will be one of the early founders. Help out the new guys as they enter. Help them out, and lean on them when you need the help. Trade digits with some of them. Mine are just a PM away.

Offline wizard sleeve

• Quit Date: 2018-05-30
  • Likes Given: 0
quit tomorrow
« on: May 29, 2018, 12:10:00 PM »
hi all. im choosing tomorrow to quit (again) once and for all. im picking tomorrow because ill be off of work and wont have to deal with constipation, irritability, insomnia and brain fog my first quit day.

this site helped me quit for 18 months (10 years ago). i thought i was free. never should have left the site.

ive had a hard time re-quitting. ive been in sales the last 22 years, and whenever i tried to quit, i got depressed, short tempered, unclear in the head and i had a terrible sales month that threatened my finances and my job. so i quit trying.

now i am no longer in sales and it doesnt matter anymore whether i show up to work tired, happy, enthusiastic etc. when i get home from work tonight, any remaining product will be flushed.