Author Topic: Nicotine, I Hate You  (Read 7480 times)

Offline sixercountry

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-03
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nicotine, I Hate You
« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
Drama is not a new concept to KTC. It comes and it goes. Unfortunately, people continue to fan the fire. On the record there have been 3-4 four people voicing their dissenting opinion regarding "the app" (cant say the name). I was a member of the four that thought WE needed balance between the two, not total abolition of one or the other.
I personally made a mistake that I can admit. In October, someone asked a question about a hacker and I ASSUMED the negative. I responded to it in that fashion and I was wrong. Even if I privately believe it, I shouldn't publicly state it because I too can be wrong.
I dont usually speak for people. But I will in this situation. We are all parts of different HOF groups. These groups have young "know it alls" and "old dinosaurs". We are parts of these groups because we all go through the same emotional and physical issues around the same time period as a result of our addiction. We can relate to each other, share experiences, and methods of quitting. Make no mistake, We are all however MEMBERS of the same KTC community. Not one SINGLE FUCKING PERSON on here wishes anyone to fail. I dont care about the differences. Or the attacks. Or the speech in private messages on the boards. You may feel certain members dislike you, but I am 100 % percent certain that they hate nicotine more than you. So lets not repeat my mistakes continuously. Let's not assume every post regarding activity or KTC is a shot below the belt at "the app". Let's stop assuming that someone's harsh public words mean they want your to cave. Let's pull up our big boy pants and move on. Day 203. I quit with all of you today.

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: spence249
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: sixercountry
To All New Members:
When you clicked on the register button on the site or the chat room, you took a big step towards regaining your freedom. This is the first step in strengthening your final quit. We have some non-negotiable expectations that must be fulfilled. You must post roll, honor your word, and take responsibility for your actions. We will never claim to have all the answers and we will never have the ability to quit for you. You must want this and be willing do do whatever it takes to succeed. We will however lend you "support" utilizing two different methods. These two methods have been tested over time and have proven to be effective in dealing with nicotine addiction. The first is the obvious support. We help you along through your quit with empathetic advice, re-focus, and other methods that are helpful when related to your quit. These oftentimes help while in the moment of urging and craving. It allows you to learn from others that have traveled the path you are on and for you to one day help others. Prior to the second method, first a little background information about the community you are about to join. The website is an offspring that was formed to direct attention to serious quitters. KTC is also known in older circles as Quit Smokeless Extreme. This name was given because it is just that- Extreme. We are an uncensored brand of accountability. This is the first method of support. We have zero tolerance for weak resolve that lacks self-accountability. Your web of accountability is built through relationships on the site with individual members/groups. The accountability aspect will force you to stay quit during tough times by you thinking "I cant let down my boys/girls" and/or "If I throw this dip in, I will be rejected from the group and be scorned forever". Be forewarned, you may hear some language and approaches that you may not expect. This "tough love" approach works. You will understand this as your quit grows. When someone does not fulfill expectations such as posting roll, self-accountability, lack of entitlement, and characteristics such as remaining humble, you should expect for other members to publicly voice displeasure in a variety of different ways. I will see you on roll call. Take what you want, leave the rest. We quit with you today.
Good stuff. Hopefully some new guy reads this and it helps him/her.
Attention admins and mods, this needs to go on the welcome page of the main site.
I agree Steak. These words are golden
'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
Love it.
add this to your Labor Day reading list
Once again 6er knocks it into the left field bleachers.
Awesome Stuff. Pure sweet KTC kook-aid.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
To All New Members:
When you clicked on the register button on the site or the chat room, you took a big step towards regaining your freedom. This is the first step in strengthening your final quit. We have some non-negotiable expectations that must be fulfilled. You must post roll, honor your word, and take responsibility for your actions. We will never claim to have all the answers and we will never have the ability to quit for you. You must want this and be willing do do whatever it takes to succeed. We will however lend you "support" utilizing two different methods. These two methods have been tested over time and have proven to be effective in dealing with nicotine addiction. The first is the obvious support. We help you along through your quit with empathetic advice, re-focus, and other methods that are helpful when related to your quit. These oftentimes help while in the moment of urging and craving. It allows you to learn from others that have traveled the path you are on and for you to one day help others. Prior to the second method, first a little background information about the community you are about to join. The website is an offspring that was formed to direct attention to serious quitters. KTC is also known in older circles as Quit Smokeless Extreme. This name was given because it is just that- Extreme. We are an uncensored brand of accountability. This is the first method of support. We have zero tolerance for weak resolve that lacks self-accountability. Your web of accountability is built through relationships on the site with individual members/groups. The accountability aspect will force you to stay quit during tough times by you thinking "I cant let down my boys/girls" and/or "If I throw this dip in, I will be rejected from the group and be scorned forever". Be forewarned, you may hear some language and approaches that you may not expect. This "tough love" approach works. You will understand this as your quit grows. When someone does not fulfill expectations such as posting roll, self-accountability, lack of entitlement, and characteristics such as remaining humble, you should expect for other members to publicly voice displeasure in a variety of different ways. I will see you on roll call. Take what you want, leave the rest. We quit with you today.
Attention admins and mods, this needs to go on the welcome page of the main site.
Love it.
Once again 6er knocks it into the left field bleachers.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 609
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
To All New Members:
Love it.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
To All New Members:
Love it.

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
To All New Members:

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »
To All New Members:

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
To All New Members:
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
To All New Members:
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
To All New Members:
'clap'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline sixercountry

• Quitter
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
To All New Members:

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
This post has no intentions of glorifying the tobacco plant itself. It does however explain the amazing potential benefits of the plant while spreading our hatred for big tobacco and its immoral choke-hold on its usage. Tobacco is one of the most pliable species on earth. It is considered the crown jewel of artificial engineering. Tobacco plants can be "factories for therapeutic proteins and other useful substances". Scientists have consistently utilized tobacco plants as ways to produce helpful by-products for human and non-human usage. Scientists are able to insert different types of genes into tobacco plants. Tobacco plants then conform the proteins of these genes and duplicate this conformation quicker than any other plant on the planet. The final product is then extracted from the tobacco plant after it is mutated. Scientists hope to one day use this process in potential cures for cancer and other deadly diseases.
This topic is being written about because tobacco is once again in the news. Just in case you live under a rock, two health professionals that have been infected with the Ebola virus have been transported to a American hospital. These two patients have been administered an experimental drug called Zmapp. This drug has been in a trial phase with primates with sizable "success". The drug is manufactured through the above mentioned process by Reynolds Tobacco, one of the first major tobacco companies in the United States. These tobacco companies are aware of the potential "doctoring" of the plant. It has been widely known that laboratories have been able to remove nicotine from the roots of the plant (Nicotine is derived from the root and spreads throughout the leaves of the plant.) and effectively manufacture tobacco products that are nicotine free but surprisingly not available to the public. In closing, it is pretty fucked up that the plant that we used for years and decades, can potentially kill one of the worst viruses on the face of the planet. Either that, or Big Tobacco is once again lying to the public about the effects of this new "wonder drug". Stay quit.
Interesting stuff Sixer.

Offline sixercountry

• Quitter
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
This post has no intentions of glorifying the tobacco plant itself. It does however explain the amazing potential benefits of the plant while spreading our hatred for big tobacco and its immoral choke-hold on its usage. Tobacco is one of the most pliable species on earth. It is considered the crown jewel of artificial engineering. Tobacco plants can be "factories for therapeutic proteins and other useful substances". Scientists have consistently utilized tobacco plants as ways to produce helpful by-products for human and non-human usage. Scientists are able to insert different types of genes into tobacco plants. Tobacco plants then conform the proteins of these genes and duplicate this conformation quicker than any other plant on the planet. The final product is then extracted from the tobacco plant after it is mutated. Scientists hope to one day use this process in potential cures for cancer and other deadly diseases.
This topic is being written about because tobacco is once again in the news. Just in case you live under a rock, two health professionals that have been infected with the Ebola virus have been transported to a American hospital. These two patients have been administered an experimental drug called Zmapp. This drug has been in a trial phase with primates with sizable "success". The drug is manufactured through the above mentioned process by Reynolds Tobacco, one of the first major tobacco companies in the United States. These tobacco companies are aware of the potential "doctoring" of the plant. It has been widely known that laboratories have been able to remove nicotine from the roots of the plant (Nicotine is derived from the root and spreads throughout the leaves of the plant.) and effectively manufacture tobacco products that are nicotine free but surprisingly not available to the public. In closing, it is pretty fucked up that the plant that we used for years and decades, can potentially kill one of the worst viruses on the face of the planet. Either that, or Big Tobacco is once again lying to the public about the effects of this new "wonder drug". Stay quit.

Offline Southpaw32

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-28
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
I have the same problems on the rigs I work on. I used to smoke a pack of reds and chew a can a day and when I get "smoked out" by these oilfield guys, I find I get some withdrawal headaches, fog, and a pretty decent sized craving for a smoke (this one becomes less frequent even at day 36).

I also sometimes focus so much on dip that I forget I was a smoker too. But I know that if I cave, I'm going right back to a pack and can a day. And for me that is scary enough to keep my guard up 24/7.
Dip kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
This may cause a stir but I would like to know some honest opinions. I understand this is predominantly a dip site but here it goes...

I grew up around multiple generations of smokers. This included father, mother, gmom and gdads, aunts and uncles, and friends of the family. This history and my lasting 2 week funk at around a buck and a half, has made me think deeply (maybe too deep) about being around smokers. Recently, I have craved smoking much more than dip. Maybe I have my guard up from dip....maybe my heavy involvement in ktc (a dip site) has taken dip off the table and my addict mind is trying to nic anyway it can...maybe it's because of other reasons....
If someone caves like a pussy, their mind and physical addiction goes back to day one. They go through the suck again. They revisit the days of "suck". Cigarettes have much less nic than dip. According to the Canadian lung association (I know it's canada....it's for Jubella), second hand smoke has two times as much tar and NIC than the smoke that is inhaled by the smoker. Has this been the reason behind my awful funks around day buck fifty and 60??? Have I been around second smoke too much and have actually inadvertently inhaled nic? I know it's reaching, bu I'm tired of this funk bullshit. Quit on and quit hard fuckers....out
If you're in a smoked filled area for an extended period then you're getting nic and you're having withdrawals, IMHO.
Trust me man...

The same thing happens to me when I hang out with the in-laws or with my friends. I get random white knuckle moments. They aren't much, but they do exist.

It passes man. You can do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021