Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: My Intro
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 05:40:21 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard Chris87 ate him. That's right, Chris87 ate Hundy!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 08:45:00 PM »
Went back and pulled this out of a vortex...wanted you to have it!
There once was a young quitter..
Named Chris87
While stumbling through hell...
He caught sight of heaven...
HELP ME! he cried
Is there anyone there?
but all he heard
Was the sound of despair
But then he heard, faint as a whisper
A young quitter named wang, caught in the same shitter
(Awww crap, where'd Wang go? Was crafting it on the fly for you two!!)
But it wasn't Wang, it was a quitter named Voldex
Whose hogg was so large, twas said he had two necks
so they got together
they called the bitch out
and they did their battle, those two trouser trout
She tried to assail them
She played with their brains
she planted fond memories
of tobacco stains
But she couldn't divide them
These brothers of quit
They'd bonded together
Weren't taking her shit
They shared their digits
And they posted roll
when sunlight descended
They commanded their knoll
The lesson learned here
pay attention lads
When you stand together
She'll kiss your nads!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Chris87

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/31/2018
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 09:52:00 AM »
Day 8 now, and the rest of my life to go. Just taking it one day at a time. The headaches, fog, and anxiety are still here but starting to get better. Without all of the support from everyone here I don't know if I would be where I'm at today, so thank you guys
Living the quit life, one day at a time.

Offline av8rmarc

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Travel, Boating, Gym, Crossfit, Flying, Not Dying...sooner than necessary, anyway
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »
Hey Chris, welcome to KTC. I chewed for 25 years myself and tried to quit a number of times in the past without any luck. This place is the way to do it. Post your roll every day, and get with your July brothers and you can do it. Good work so far. I'm on day 137 and my classmates are keeping me honest.\ You got this, bro!

Offline HipHop

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Video Games
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Chris87
Im not very good at this kind of stuff, but here goes nothing. I'm Chris, i have been doing some sort of tobacco since i was 16, so about 15 years. It started with smoking cigarettes in high school to be cool. Soon after i got sick of smelling like an ash tray so i started chewing. I figured it would be safer and easier to hide. Little did i realize it would be the hardest thing I would ever do to quit. About 5 years ago i did manage to stop for 9 months, and learned the hard way that once you quit you can never do it again, not even once. It took bumming one off of a friend while having a few beers, and i was hooked again, this time even worse then before. Right before my quit i was using over a can a day, having dental problems that i kept telling myself wasn't related to chewing, and just overall feeling like hell.

Now i'm 5 days into my quit and not looking back. This time just feels different, i know i will never do that shit again. 'Finger' I've got a wife of almost 3 years to help keep me in line, and looking forward to meeting some of you guys as well.
Since you have stopped before you know how it is going to be in the beginning. I would recommend that you continue this intro and document your progress. This way you can look back and you can let future Chris know some stuff and hold future Chris accountable. Great job!

Offline XxjohnnyquidxX

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Chris87
Im not very good at this kind of stuff, but here goes nothing. I'm Chris, i have been doing some sort of tobacco since i was 16, so about 15 years. It started with smoking cigarettes in high school to be cool. Soon after i got sick of smelling like an ash tray so i started chewing. I figured it would be safer and easier to hide. Little did i realize it would be the hardest thing I would ever do to quit. About 5 years ago i did manage to stop for 9 months, and learned the hard way that once you quit you can never do it again, not even once. It took bumming one off of a friend while having a few beers, and i was hooked again, this time even worse then before. Right before my quit i was using over a can a day, having dental problems that i kept telling myself wasn't related to chewing, and just overall feeling like hell.

Now i'm 5 days into my quit and not looking back. This time just feels different, i know i will never do that shit again. 'Finger' I've got a wife of almost 3 years to help keep me in line, and looking forward to meeting some of you guys as well.
Welcome to the July quit group of jizz bombs Chris. We all have a similar story of how we ended up slaves to the round can. Now we are all here to help stay quit.

Offline Chris87

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/31/2018
  • Likes Given: 7
My Intro
« on: April 04, 2018, 10:01:00 PM »

Living the quit life, one day at a time.