Author Topic: Wake up call today  (Read 1157 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wake up call today
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Syndrome
says my sig line:

if all you care to do is post status updates, stick to facebook and twitter.

get to posting roll.
Absofreakingloutly what Syndrome said! Posting roll in your quitgroup (March '13) everyday is the cornerstone of how we quit on KTC. If you don't know how to post roll (even if you do know) I suggest you read everything in the WELCOME CENTER (the salmon colored button near the top of the web page). Nice to hear your progress on your intro, but the way KTC works is buy making a promise everyday not to use nicotine, and then keeping that promise. The quitgroup is added accountability b\c clearly just promising yourself has not worked out for you before. Make some friends here get involved, you will need a kick in the nuts to keep you from caving at some point, and if you don't get ready now you will cave. PM me if you want my #.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
says my sig line:

if all you care to do is post status updates, stick to facebook and twitter.

get to posting roll.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 09:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: rowdy4life
Damn, week 1 down already. Not going to lie it has been rough, gone through enough sunflower seeds and smokey mountain to last a lifetime. I have quit 100 times and it never stuck but this time seems different. I went into it before thinking "well ya this is bad for me but im young, ill be alright" to I dont wanna die and fuck this cope shit. That and it may sound stupid but right when I thought about caving after a nice big chinese food lunch I got a fortune cookie that said "your current plans are going to succeed" So I put it in my wallet and every time I open it up its a little reminder. Heres to another week!
Congrats on this, your first quit. A quit dies, and becomes a failure, when you cave. You have failed 100 times.
Quote from: wastepanel?
You are quit now, and that, Sir, is bad ass.
1 week is no joke. Guess what 1 week means? It means you can damn sure add one more day. In no time you'll be putting the number 2 in front of that week. Great job, keep it up.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 12:39:00 AM »
Damn, week 1 down already. Not going to lie it has been rough, gone through enough sunflower seeds and smokey mountain to last a lifetime. I have quit 100 times and it never stuck but this time seems different. I went into it before thinking "well ya this is bad for me but im young, ill be alright" to I dont wanna die and fuck this cope shit. That and it may sound stupid but right when I thought about caving after a nice big chinese food lunch I got a fortune cookie that said "your current plans are going to succeed" So I put it in my wallet and every time I open it up its a little reminder. Heres to another week!
Congrats on this, your first quit. A quit dies, and becomes a failure, when you cave. You have failed 100 times.
Quote from: wastepanel?
You are quit now, and that, Sir, is bad ass.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline rowdy4life

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »
Well im about to go into work where everyone I know dips, always the hardest part of quitting. 1 day at a time. It starts now. I got this
1. go to the welcome center and figure out how to post roll. then do it.

2. special help for working with dippers:
man your coworkers are fuckin with your quit? time to teach um the tryed and true ktc way that you and your quit are not to be fucked with. next time one a those fucks offers you a dip heres what you need to do:

1. take can with big smile
2. open can
3. rotate arm at the wrist 180 degrees, there by emptyin contents of can on ground
4. step on pile of worm shit
5. twist at knee and ankel to grind worm shit back in to ground
6. replace lid
7. hand can back to coworker with a smile
8. remind him that you will be willin to help him agin any time
9. repete as nessassary til no buddy will ever offer you a dip agin. evin if you ask for it.

ps if you can piss on the worm shit thats evin better then grindin it in to the ground.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
Well im about to go into work where everyone I know dips, always the hardest part of quitting. 1 day at a time. It starts now. I got this
Lots of tools here.
My favorite 3 pages:

Good read

The KTC way saves lives...READ

My personal favorite
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
You'll do fine bro. It will be hard, but next week will be easier. The week after easier and so on. Before you know it you'll feel sorry for the slaves with the disgusting dirt in thier pie holes. One minute at a time bro. You got this. Work on changing your outlook. Quit with you today bro.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline rowdy4life

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
Congrats on a great choice, Rowdy! You've gotten great advice so far. Nothing much to add...except to encourage you. I wish I had quit when I was 23.

Post roll, keep your word and do it again. You will always be an addict, but you can control your addiction. YOU GOT THIS, BROTHER!!!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
Glad you found the site.
KTC can/will change your life...if you drink the kool-aid.

You will die like your grandmother....if you keep putting the poison in your mouth.

You will cave back into nic using if you don't have a plan. (plan to be here everyday you wake).

You can be quit...after you decide you want to and you meet the addict in the mirror. We are all nictotine addicts.

Flush all of your poison, jump into chat. (upper right corner) We are waiting for you.

You can do this...ODAAT = One day at a time
But you have to rrrrreeeeeaaaallllllyyyyy want it.

Cheers.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline xuswimmer13

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Im 23 years old, I have dipped a can of copenhagen long cut every day since I was 16ish. Today, while on my 16th hour of work at 2 am, and 2nd can of chew of the day I decided to quit. For good. I have quit a hundred times but always found an excuse to start back up. Not this time. After losing my grandmother to cancer less than a month ago, seeing what she went through, and having chewed so much today it hurt to put a dip in but i did it anyway is a wake up call. I don't want to do it anymore, I have to quit for my family, and for myself. I need help on how other people get over the cravings, the headaches, the shakes. Im glad I found this site and hope I can do this quit for good this time. I just flushed my last can down the toilet. It starts now
Welcome we will be on this journey together as I started my Quit at around 10:00 PM last night.

Make sure you get active on roll and keep updating in your introduction.

If you need to talk to someone who is going through the same thing as you PM me.
Quit Date- 11/26/13
HOF- 3/5/14
2nd Floor- 6/13/14
3rd floor 9/21/14
365- 11/25/14
4th Floor- 12/30/14
500- 4/9/15
6th Floor- 7/18/15
7th Floor- 10/25/15
2 YEARS- 11/24/15
8th Floor- 2/2/16
9th Floor- 5/12/16

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC, I love it when a younger quitter steps up. Listen very close, a lot of you you young guys come and go around here.

You're going to hear this a lot and I hope it hits home, there is not a single person on this site that is glad they decide to quit at the current age. Me, I am 38, I wish so much I would have gathered my life up way sooner.

Ask the 50 year old on this site, they will tell you man I wish I had the testical fortitude to kick that shit in my 20's.

Please think about it this. Please quit with us, and quit with us every day. I quit with you.

Offline MJSCHWARTZ

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Im 23 years old, I have dipped a can of copenhagen long cut every day since I was 16ish. Today, while on my 16th hour of work at 2 am, and 2nd can of chew of the day I decided to quit. For good. I have quit a hundred times but always found an excuse to start back up. Not this time. After losing my grandmother to cancer less than a month ago, seeing what she went through, and having chewed so much today it hurt to put a dip in but i did it anyway is a wake up call. I don't want to do it anymore, I have to quit for my family, and for myself. I need help on how other people get over the cravings, the headaches, the shakes. Im glad I found this site and hope I can do this quit for good this time. I just flushed my last can down the toilet. It starts now
Welcome Rowdy, you are in the right place. I wish I would have decided to quit when I was 23. My dumb ass waited until I was 42 after about 30 years of putting that crap in my mouth. I'm 86 days free now! You have a rough few days ahead. There are plenty of people on this site to help you get through it. Like some smart quitter said on this site " embrace the suck, it's going to suck until it doesnt then it won't ". Do anything you can to keep the crap out of your mouth, eat seeds, gum, fake dip, fire balls, whatever it takes. It will get better!!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
First off,,,,, don't hope just do bro. There is no need for hope, it's your decision to quit or not. Secondly you can do this we all did, thus can you!
Thirdly we will all quit with you, all it takes is you posting your promise and you'll have more support than you can imagine.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.