Author Topic: TurtleTamer's Intro  (Read 428 times)

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: TurtleTamer's Intro
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
Turtle tamer,

Congratulations on your quit. We would love to have you join the group, post daily and share you words of wisdom with others.

I have read that quitting tobacco products is as hard if not harder than quitting heroin.

The more people we have on this site the more people we help.

After I quit, my daughter's boyfriend decided to quit. I am proud of that. He is a leader in the NA community. I am assuming you are part of that community since you recently quit narcotics.

It is great to have assistance no matter what you quit. I am not a big poster but I have one or two people that I feel close to here that have my back. Those people have helped me in their silent support.

Perhaps you can do that for others and share you success with others.

I quit with you today.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TurtleTamer's Intro
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:00:00 AM »
Turtletamer....
Your used to working with slow turtles.
We are not all turtles......
We are ALL addicts.
Your an addict.
Addicts need daily support.
Get in here and join us.
Maybe...... You could help some Turtles in here. Maybe some Turtles could help and tame you...Jan2015.
Rawls 405

Addicts dont do well alone.
I believe.....

Offline TurtleTamer

• Quit Date: 2015-01-11
  • Likes Given: 0
TurtleTamer's Intro
« on: December 26, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
Hey all, I quit January 11th of this year, so I'm coming up on a year. I just joined tonight and may not really be around very much but quitting is the hardest thing, by far, I've ever gone through in my life. And that's saying something since I was able to quit narcotics with much more success than quitting tobacco.

My hope is that, like me some time back, someone may happen upon the site and just in case they stumble upon this thread, they will see that completely quitting tobacco/nicotine (no vaping or ANYTHING) is not only possible but is the best thing that I've ever done. I am proud to say that for almost a year I have not been a slave to this substance anymore!

Thanks to everyone else for being here. I did find the site about three years ago but for some reason I didn't join. Still, I saw that there was a community of people that have successfully quit.