Author Topic: Woolyman Intro  (Read 583 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 87
Re: Woolyman Intro
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
Quote from: ffla98
I just recently had a birthday (9/13) and planned to quit on that day. Excused my quit day away by convincing myself I didn't want to be miserable on my b-day. Woke up today on the 14th and became disappointed that I couldn't have a dip. I don't feel like I've thought out this quit very much and honestly I don't feel up for the challenge. But I'm gonna give it a try today and see how I feel tomorrow......so far so good.

I've smoked cigarettes in the past and quit.....started chewing.......quit chewing a few years back for over a year......I felt great then went to a college football game and had a traditional "rally dip" and with one pinch I was hooked again and back on a tin a day. I try to fool others when asked "how many tins do you go through a day?" I answer it varies depending on the day....sometimes 1 and on bad days 2. But I know I do about 2 1/2 tins a day......I am a total chain chewer and tobacco has a tight grip on me.

ffla98
Welcome FFLA98 - not sure how you ended up tacking onto a and done Intro from 2014, but glad you posted regardless. You should start your own Intro page to help track your quit.

There are a few things in your comments that are concerning that I'll address.
I don't feel like I've thought out this quit very much
Thinking about it might be overthinking it. If you stayed quit yesterday, congratulations, you're now in day 2. Post Roll and stay quit today. Planning for
"Forever" makes this too big. Just focus on today and worry about tomorrow when it gets here. One caveat to that is that you can/ should plan on how to deal with the inevitable cravings. Have some snacks, seeds, gum, water, etc. Trade phone numbers with the guys in your quit group and avoid alcohol. Plan for the micro stuff, macro will take care of itself over time.
honestly I don't feel up for the challenge. But I'm gonna give it a try
That's a problem. If you aren't up for it, then this isn't the right place for you. We Quit here, we don't just try. The good news is that it's not too late to get up for it. As long as you can quit for one day, you can do this. Don't overthink it, just don't dip for one day, one hour, one minute if need be. Focus on the now. But to succeed, you will have to want this. Sometimes getting in the right mindset is something you will need to work at, but if you want to succeed, you will need to want it badly.

You are going to need to post Roll every day and early. In your Intro comments, you are already trying to give yourself an out. Take nicotine off the table FIRST THING every single day. Don't let it be an option for that one day. I promise you, you can do this. Quit is achievable and it is worth it.

You already know that there is no "one innocent dip." Your past stoppage will have proved that, so take it off the table every single day.
I am a total chain chewer and tobacco has a tight grip on me.
That tight grip is called addiction. You are a nicotine addict. It's not a habit or a vice, it is a chemical addiction, nearly as strong as heroin. Call it what it is, so you can properly prepare to face it.

Some of the language I've used is pretty direct. I'm not trying to intimidate you, I'm trying to reach out and help best arm you for what's ahead. There is a clear path to success here. It's a simple process and it works. Throw yourself into it, get with the program and you can be successful. No luck here, but I will be rooting for you.

Offline ffla98

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-09-14
  • Interests: Michigan Football, Hiking, Camping, Smoking Meats
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »
I just recently had a birthday (9/13) and planned to quit on that day. Excused my quit day away by convincing myself I didn't want to be miserable on my b-day. Woke up today on the 14th and became disappointed that I couldn't have a dip. I don't feel like I've thought out this quit very much and honestly I don't feel up for the challenge. But I'm gonna give it a try today and see how I feel tomorrow......so far so good.

I've smoked cigarettes in the past and quit.....started chewing.......quit chewing a few years back for over a year......I felt great then went to a college football game and had a traditional "rally dip" and with one pinch I was hooked again and back on a tin a day. I try to fool others when asked "how many tins do you go through a day?" I answer it varies depending on the day....sometimes 1 and on bad days 2. But I know I do about 2 1/2 tins a day......I am a total chain chewer and tobacco has a tight grip on me.

ffla98

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
I remember thinking the same thing but stick with the program. Every other way you have tried has not worked. This way works...I'm living proof of that. The point of this site is posting roll and truly believing that roll post is promise to thousands. Without it you're right back to quitting your own way, which has not proven to work.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Good to see you on roll. The boards are not without drama, but when folks are fighting an addiction and fighting for their lives, things can get intense. A popular phrase around here is that "brothers fight", and we do sometimes, but when it's in the context of being quit, I'll fight everyday to keep the nic bitch at bay.

Meet some of the folks in your December group, get some numbers, and form a text group. It's another important part of the KTC.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline woolyman42

• Quit Date: 2014-09-12
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Oh I have "tried" many time in the past. The Nic bitch never goes away. Made it to 367 days once. I hate being an addict to it, that is why I also gave up caffeine as well. I will make it through this day and worry about tomorrow later. I can definitely say that is the only way I can beat this. Roll posted fyi.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
Quote from: woolyman42
I went to post roll yesterday and those dudes were going crazy in there. So I decided not to post yesterday. I will see what it like today. I didn't think Roll Call would be that complicated. I am all about the accountability just without the ridiculousness of whatever that was going on yesterday. That would make me not want to stay on this forum. But as for quitting, today is a new day. I have been a quitter for 5 days now.
I don't know what was going on, but take what you need and leave the rest. Posting roll is easy once you get the hang of it.

Now, how many times have you 'tried' in the past? If you are anything like me, dozens of times, and you ended up a failure. Hundreds of people here have the same story as us here. Until they came here. Until they learned how to quit and actually took and used the resources KTC offers. I'm 1031 days today, and i wouldn't have made it past day 20 like every other weak ass attempt to 'quit' i had.

Posting roll is not a 'i think i will or or won't' today bullshit. It is you fucking post roll today. It is your word, that you will not use any form of nicotine today. One day at a time, that is what posting roll is. Accountability. That is the foundation of this site

Now ask yourself. In a time of weakness, when the Nic bitch will have you by the balls and you are all alone with no one to call no one else to stay accountable but your addicted brain that is telling you 'one won't hurt'. What will happen? (let me tell you, because i'm sure you feel strong now, but YOU WILL have this moment) You will cave, and you will be back to where you are now. Then what? ball is in your court
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline woolyman42

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
I went to post roll yesterday and those dudes were going crazy in there. So I decided not to post yesterday. I will see what it like today. I didn't think Roll Call would be that complicated. I am all about the accountability just without the ridiculousness of whatever that was going on yesterday. That would make me not want to stay on this forum. But as for quitting, today is a new day. I have been a quitter for 5 days now.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: GDubya
Quote from: mogul
I have finally stopped wanting to punch people in the throat. I quit on Sept 12, 2014. I paused many times before that. I also quit my coke (Diet Dr. Pepper) on the same day. The headaches are gone (mostly). I was able to attend the Broncos game with my wife and have a good time. I even had some beer. Now this week is the first full work week without my beloved chew( asshole). I came across this sight my last time I paused in my dipping. I thought I didn't need help. I do. Its the only place where the accountability is done by those who are/ have gone through the same stuff.

Wes
Welcome aboard Wes, start right by posting roll. Making your daily promise to stay quit for the day is the keystone to our quit. Without it you will almost certainly fail. Something for you to know that helps in understanding why this sucks so bad is; nicotine is in the top 5 most addicting substances and equally difficult to quit.
You are a wise man Wes. KTC has succeeded in many addicts quit including mine. WT57 is absolutely correct.....YOU MUST post roll each and every day. Get involved here and never look back. you won't regret it.

Mogul
Dude. I dipped for 35 years. Ok I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Moving on. Well I had given up on being able to Quit. Then I found this place. And now I'm a 100% roll poster and over a year quit. It works. Drink the Koolaide and go all in. Leave nothing on the table. If we can do this, you can too. PM me if you warn extra support.
I do t know what's going on today but we have a lot of 1 time posters that are introducing theirselves and then running away, don't be one of them.
Bump. You said you want accountability. So do we. Please read up and post roll.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
Quote from: GDubya
I have finally stopped wanting to punch people in the throat. I quit on Sept 12, 2014. I paused many times before that. I also quit my coke (Diet Dr. Pepper) on the same day. The headaches are gone (mostly). I was able to attend the Broncos game with my wife and have a good time. I even had some beer. Now this week is the first full work week without my beloved chew( asshole). I came across this sight my last time I paused in my dipping. I thought I didn't need help. I do. Its the only place where the accountability is done by those who are/ have gone through the same stuff.

Wes
Welcome aboard Wes, start right by posting roll. Making your daily promise to stay quit for the day is the keystone to our quit. Without it you will almost certainly fail. Something for you to know that helps in understanding why this sucks so bad is; nicotine is in the top 5 most addicting substances and equally difficult to quit.
You are a wise man Wes. KTC has succeeded in many addicts quit including mine. WT57 is absolutely correct.....YOU MUST post roll each and every day. Get involved here and never look back. you won't regret it.

Mogul
Dude. I dipped for 35 years. Ok I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Moving on. Well I had given up on being able to Quit. Then I found this place. And now I'm a 100% roll poster and over a year quit. It works. Drink the Koolaide and go all in. Leave nothing on the table. If we can do this, you can too. PM me if you warn extra support.
I do t know what's going on today but we have a lot of 1 time posters that are introducing theirselves and then running away, don't be one of them.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Online Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »

Wes

Mogul

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »

Wes

Mogul

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 04:34:00 PM »

Wes
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline woolyman42

Woolyman Intro
« on: September 15, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »

Wes