Author Topic: Lost My Best Friend  (Read 3724 times)

Offline jday6591

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lost My Best Friend
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: jday6591
Damn that was an interesting read.  I learned a couple things if I feel like caving post about it so someone gets on my ass. 

Wonder why he had such a struggle a month in?  Did he never believe in quitting and was looking for the easy way out?
He had two intros.

index.php?showtopic=7949st=30

You can tell in the first one he didn't really want to quit. Or at least may have not been fully committed.

Read if you wish...
Yeah I agree with you there. I hate chewing it felt like a chore and my mouth started to hurt and it wasn't worth it. Never getting that head buzz you got when you first started and thinking why the hell am I even doing this I don't enjoy the feeling and it isn't benefiting me at all.

Really glad I found this forum and decided to quit that moment. I appreciate everyone who has posted on my intro and pm'd me during this time of need I/others are in. Really appreciate you guys!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
Quote from: jday6591
Damn that was an interesting read. I learned a couple things if I feel like caving post about it so someone gets on my ass.

Wonder why he had such a struggle a month in? Did he never believe in quitting and was looking for the easy way out?
He had two intros.

index.php?showtopic=7949st=30

You can tell in the first one he didn't really want to quit. Or at least may have not been fully committed.

Read if you wish...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jday6591

• Quitter
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Damn that was an interesting read. I learned a couple things if I feel like caving post about it so someone gets on my ass.

Wonder why he had such a struggle a month in? Did he never believe in quitting and was looking for the easy way out?

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
Quote from: CleanFuel
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Quote from: Screw_the_Chew

JC what is wrong with you people? I clearly said in my post that I know tobacco causes many other diseases besides cancer........after me saying that, how does this constitute a lecture about how bad tobacco is?

I honestly think many of you are so blinded by your hatred for tobacco that sometimes it impedes your ability to converse or think normally. I'll bet money that most all of you are really good people who just care but the extreme hatred you hold appears to turn you into something you really are not. I believe this is most people's own self-defense mechanism fighting the addiction. We all have our own ways in dealing with addiction.

In my opinion when one has overcome/accepted an addition (albeit never fully), this immense animosity at the mere mention of tobacco in a way other than with equal resentment will finally subside. Maybe for some it never will.

While I respect and agree with the quit methods of this site, I do not agree with the constant immature language and character assassinations in the forum. Yet the people who do these things are considered "Quit Gods". I agree that every addict needs a kick in the ass....but come on. It seems I am in the vast minority with my views about this and will humbly concede and let you all have at it.  

Thank you all for helping me with my quit and I wish you all the best with yours.

-Chris
It's funny. Every quit group has at least one stopper who uses the o'le pompous "I'm better than you" planned cave excuse to take his ball and go home. We are addicts and we know what you are trying to do. Hopefully you can see this before it is too late.
anyone know where this pussy went?
Maybe he really did buy into thst tobacco harm reduction shit he posted, or maybe he's finger banging and chin dipping like a fool, or maybe he's quit? (Doubt it)

Either way, I'M an asshole for jumping in his shit after seeing he was looking for justification for using again.
Diesel....you da man bro....and I love you.....fuck this guy
newbies....read this thread.........classic caver...........CLASSIC.......don't be this guy..........POWWWWWW
Put on some tall rubber boots first, because their is a TON of bullshit.

This cat was heading for a cave for a long time.
Truthfully I think he was bound for a cave before he really ever started. STC was never willing to take any criticism or advice. You have got to have stones to do this but also the ability to bend and not break.
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »

JC what is wrong with you people? I clearly said in my post that I know tobacco causes many other diseases besides cancer........after me saying that, how does this constitute a lecture about how bad tobacco is?

I honestly think many of you are so blinded by your hatred for tobacco that sometimes it impedes your ability to converse or think normally. I'll bet money that most all of you are really good people who just care but the extreme hatred you hold appears to turn you into something you really are not. I believe this is most people's own self-defense mechanism fighting the addiction. We all have our own ways in dealing with addiction.

In my opinion when one has overcome/accepted an addition (albeit never fully), this immense animosity at the mere mention of tobacco in a way other than with equal resentment will finally subside. Maybe for some it never will.

While I respect and agree with the quit methods of this site, I do not agree with the constant immature language and character assassinations in the forum. Yet the people who do these things are considered "Quit Gods". I agree that every addict needs a kick in the ass....but come on. It seems I am in the vast minority with my views about this and will humbly concede and let you all have at it.  

Thank you all for helping me with my quit and I wish you all the best with yours.

-Chris
It's funny. Every quit group has at least one stopper who uses the o'le pompous "I'm better than you" planned cave excuse to take his ball and go home. We are addicts and we know what you are trying to do. Hopefully you can see this before it is too late.
Maybe he really did buy into thst tobacco harm reduction shit he posted, or maybe he's finger banging and chin dipping like a fool, or maybe he's quit? (Doubt it)

Either way, I'M an asshole for jumping in his shit after seeing he was looking for justification for using again.
newbies....read this thread.........classic caver...........CLASSIC.......don't be this guy..........POWWWWWW
Put on some tall rubber boots first, because their is a TON of bullshit.

This cat was heading for a cave for a long time.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

-Chris

Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

-Chris

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »

-Chris

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »

-Chris

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »

-Chris
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »

-Chris
Ill take that bet and every cent you have.

Also I have come to terms with my addiction and my hatred has not subsided. Why would it? You think I'm fake? well im not.

Im no "quit God" and I don't constantly use immature language and belittle people.

But I don't want you to leave the site so I will apologize for hurting your feelings and stay off your intro.

Stay quit.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »

-Chris
First of all, there's only one quit God, his name is Chewie and he lives in a magical land where the quit flows freely (Ohio). Second, there will always be drama, this is where addicts go to blow steam, wtf do you expect? Lastly, I saw the post when you first posted it, sounded like addict talk. I don't put up with addict talk so I choose not to read it all the way thru. Being blinded by hatred of nicotine is a bad thing? These gheys may have gone full ghey....er, but they mean well. Immaturity? Fuck yea! You sitting on a throne? Just take what you need, leave the rest. Post roll, text your brothers, and STAY QUIT, that's what's important.

I hope you're not saying you're leaving, over drama...seriously, who the fuck does that (inside joke, pm me for details).
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Screw_the_Chew

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Sports, Photography, Computers, Outdoors, Reading & writing, quitting tobacco
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »

-Chris

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Quit
http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq ... obacco.htm

I'm not promoting or saying I agree but check out this website above.

How much bullshit is this? But It has references to recent studies and is written by what looks like a well established dentist and a researcher.
Read through this and it contradicts almost everything I have ever read about smokeless tobacco. I guess I will just put this one in the category that you can not believe everything you read on the internet.
What is this shit? You fucking put a link to some tobacco harm reduction site on KTC? Are you fucking stupid?

Seriously, what is the point of this?

Thus may be all a young quittter needs to see to justify going back to the can. Look at newbie, Quit. His statement is very telling. I believe you put doubt into his mind.

Why?

Sounds like soimeone is looking for a reason to cave? Maybe a little justification? Or did you just watch a fucking mudjug video on youtube? I believe this is that idiots Bible.

You REALLY want to pracrice tobacco harm reduction...fucking don't use any at all. How about that.

Throw cancer the the fuck out the window too. I mean its an obvious risk factor to using but lets just forget that, for now.

What about NICOTINE, you know, "The Bitch"

Shes the one that will have you by the balls. Controlling your life, draining you wallet, making you think you cant do the simplest task without her. Shes the one that caused me to have panic attacks, anxiety attacks, become depressed, have unthinkable thoughts when I tired to quit her. They don't really mention her too much. Shes the one who caused me to miss countless moments with my kids as I had to sneak away to be alone with her.

No MAN should be controlled like that by ANYTHING.

For me, that's what quitting was ultimately about. And I think that's what its about for most who come here. They are tired of it all. They are sick of being a slave to a can of weeds. And despite what you posted here, health risks from dip is very real. I'm sure you could find a million pages on that.

Again, not sure what hour fucking point is by posting this shit. My best guess is your pussy ass is getting weak and looking for reasons to go back to the can.

Go back if its so safe. Nobody here has you hand cuffed to a jail cell. But if you do go back the nic bitch will be laughing and rolling a blunt as another victim comes crawling back. Big tobacco will be thankful too.

Keep this fucking shit out of here.
Relax Diesel. I actual typed in "smokeless tobacco", "harm",  "health" in Google originally looking for just the opposite of what you think and happened to see this site and found it interesting. Interesting because it contradicts everything I've ever read about tobacco use so wanted to see how they justify what they are saying.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs if we can't have an open discussions about things like this........didn't you yourself have an email discussion with Brad Rodu? (thanks for posting that by the way).

Yes I am having a hard time with my quit but isn't that why we are all here in the first place? To be honest I HAVE looked for justification to start using again. How many addicts on this site can honestly say they themselves never did? That's the addiction...it's a fucking struggle and I realize it for what it is.

The cancer aside, the honest truth is chew causes so many other symptoms and disease such as high blood pressure/heart rate, gastric issues, poor circulation, and cardiovascular/heart diseases just to name a few. Knowing this, reading and discussing a site like the one I posted does not persuade me nor would I expect it with any of you.

I'm not sure why I'm telling you all of this anyway. I'm all for being passionate about a quit but lighten up and stop being such a fucking drama king about everything.
No dude. I won't relax. I careed about your quit. You seemed to be teetering on the edge for awhile now. I read this and immediately though, "this dude's looking to go back to the can".

I would hate to see anyone do that.

Im very passionate about this stuff.

But if you think I need to lighten up and stop being a drama king about everything.

Well...fuck you. I don't do it for the "drama" I do it becaused I cared and hoped to help you with some tough love and actual dialogue with the guy who wrote the page you had the link to.

I thought you needed a kick in the pants. But I guess I'm just a drama king about EVERYTHING.

I will give you your wish. Ill stop following your quit and you can forget I even exist.

Ill lighten up and take my drama elsewhere.
I love the drama king. I want Diesel in my corner every day that ends with a y. Period!!!
Mr. Screw, in the future if you're still quit and have learned to hate tobacco and what it really does and will do to us, then you'll humbly apologize to the drama king who cares about your tongue and jaw.

Keep reading Mr. Screw, learn all you can. Better yet, take a stroll down the cancer ward halls at your local hospital. Bet you don't know what floor it is on. Cancer from nictotine is real. It took my parents and all of my moms people.
The poison is real. Guzzle the quit kool-aid brother and live longer and healthier.

ODAAT
NAFAR
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Quit
http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq ... obacco.htm

I'm not promoting or saying I agree but check out this website above.

How much bullshit is this? But It has references to recent studies and is written by what looks like a well established dentist and a researcher.
Read through this and it contradicts almost everything I have ever read about smokeless tobacco. I guess I will just put this one in the category that you can not believe everything you read on the internet.
What is this shit? You fucking put a link to some tobacco harm reduction site on KTC? Are you fucking stupid?

Seriously, what is the point of this?

Thus may be all a young quittter needs to see to justify going back to the can. Look at newbie, Quit. His statement is very telling. I believe you put doubt into his mind.

Why?

Sounds like soimeone is looking for a reason to cave? Maybe a little justification? Or did you just watch a fucking mudjug video on youtube? I believe this is that idiots Bible.

You REALLY want to pracrice tobacco harm reduction...fucking don't use any at all. How about that.

Throw cancer the the fuck out the window too. I mean its an obvious risk factor to using but lets just forget that, for now.

What about NICOTINE, you know, "The Bitch"

Shes the one that will have you by the balls. Controlling your life, draining you wallet, making you think you cant do the simplest task without her. Shes the one that caused me to have panic attacks, anxiety attacks, become depressed, have unthinkable thoughts when I tired to quit her. They don't really mention her too much. Shes the one who caused me to miss countless moments with my kids as I had to sneak away to be alone with her.

No MAN should be controlled like that by ANYTHING.

For me, that's what quitting was ultimately about. And I think that's what its about for most who come here. They are tired of it all. They are sick of being a slave to a can of weeds. And despite what you posted here, health risks from dip is very real. I'm sure you could find a million pages on that.

Again, not sure what hour fucking point is by posting this shit. My best guess is your pussy ass is getting weak and looking for reasons to go back to the can.

Go back if its so safe. Nobody here has you hand cuffed to a jail cell. But if you do go back the nic bitch will be laughing and rolling a blunt as another victim comes crawling back. Big tobacco will be thankful too.

Keep this fucking shit out of here.
Relax Diesel. I actual typed in "smokeless tobacco", "harm",  "health" in Google originally looking for just the opposite of what you think and happened to see this site and found it interesting. Interesting because it contradicts everything I've ever read about tobacco use so wanted to see how they justify what they are saying.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs if we can't have an open discussions about things like this........didn't you yourself have an email discussion with Brad Rodu? (thanks for posting that by the way).

Yes I am having a hard time with my quit but isn't that why we are all here in the first place? To be honest I HAVE looked for justification to start using again. How many addicts on this site can honestly say they themselves never did? That's the addiction...it's a fucking struggle and I realize it for what it is.

The cancer aside, the honest truth is chew causes so many other symptoms and disease such as high blood pressure/heart rate, gastric issues, poor circulation, and cardiovascular/heart diseases just to name a few. Knowing this, reading and discussing a site like the one I posted does not persuade me nor would I expect it with any of you.

I'm not sure why I'm telling you all of this anyway. I'm all for being passionate about a quit but lighten up and stop being such a fucking drama king about everything.
No dude. I won't relax. I careed about your quit. You seemed to be teetering on the edge for awhile now. I read this and immediately though, "this dude's looking to go back to the can".

I would hate to see anyone do that.

Im very passionate about this stuff.

But if you think I need to lighten up and stop being a drama king about everything.

Well...fuck you. I don't do it for the "drama" I do it becaused I cared and hoped to help you with some tough love and actual dialogue with the guy who wrote the page you had the link to.

I thought you needed a kick in the pants. But I guess I'm just a drama king about EVERYTHING.

I will give you your wish. Ill stop following your quit and you can forget I even exist.

Ill lighten up and take my drama elsewhere.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18