Author Topic: want to quit  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: want to quit
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Quote from: shstevens
thanks for the encouragement. How do i post on the daily roll?

I've made it one day! woke up all through the night. this isn't easy. it's hard to think of never dipping again.

Sam
Congrats on your decision for TODAY Sam. It's hard, right now if not impossible to think of never dipping again, that's why you don't have to. You just have to think about posting roll as soon as you can in the morning, then keeping your promise not to dip for today. Tomorrow can take care of itself when it gets here, by the same way of course, but you can worry about that tomorrow.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Alan
Welcome, im right there with you, im in you HOF Quit group. If you need something say the word. We do this together
cool. what day are you on? this is day 2 for me. trying to take it a day at a time. i enjoy dipping so much so it's hard for me to think i can stop.
You don't enjoy dipping. You put the filthy disgusting poison in your pie hole because you're addicted. Your reward pathways in your brain are high jacked. Time to start building a hate for the poison. Start reading and learning about your addiction. Time to start getting that mind right or you won't last another day.
You don't enjoy dipping you hate pain (WP). The jacked up part of the poison you have to dip to get withdrawal to stop there is no enjoyment. Its a vicious cycle that begins with withdrawal---pain---dip---pain relief ---withdrawal nope no enjoy in the cycle at all.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
Welcome, im right there with you, im in you HOF Quit group. If you need something say the word. We do this together
cool. what day are you on? this is day 2 for me. trying to take it a day at a time. i enjoy dipping so much so it's hard for me to think i can stop.
That's the addict part of your brain. You will have to learn how to distinguish that type of addict thinking to really bring on your quit. Read and research as much as you can about addiction, and nicotine. As others have said here...know your enemy.

I had sent you a PM before I replied to your Intro thread. I asked you a specific question in the last paragraph of that PM. That questions directly relates to the 1st paragraph of this reply. Can you make the connection? Give it some thought.

Hang in there, bro and don't be afraid to reach out, ask for numbers, text those who send you numbers, PM, get in chat, whatever it takes. I like to think of KTC as my Sanctuary. It can be yours, too.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
You don't enjoy dipping. You put the filthy disgusting poison in your pie hole because you're addicted. Your reward pathways in your brain are high jacked. Time to start building a hate for the poison. Start reading and learning about your addiction. Time to start getting that mind right or you won't last another day.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline shstevens

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »

Offline shstevens

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
thanks for the encouragement.  How do i post on the daily roll?

I've made it one day!  woke up all through the night.  this isn't easy.  it's hard to think of never dipping again.

Sam
ya, never again is a long time. DOn't worry about that. Just quit today. That's not so bad. Then, wake up and do it again. THat is what all this ODAAT stuff is about. Welcome to day 2.

Now, click that pink welcome center button on the top and to the left. It will have instructions for where and how and why we post roll. Don;t worry if it seems difficult. Just muddle through, if it goes wrong nobody will care. After about a week, it becomes second nature.
OK. So i posted roll. day two. i'll just try to make it through today. it's the evening time that's tough b/c dipping is how i unwind.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »

I've made it one day! woke up all through the night. this isn't easy. it's hard to think of never dipping again.

Sam
ya, never again is a long time. DOn't worry about that. Just quit today. That's not so bad. Then, wake up and do it again. THat is what all this ODAAT stuff is about. Welcome to day 2.

Now, click that pink welcome center button on the top and to the left. It will have instructions for where and how and why we post roll. Don;t worry if it seems difficult. Just muddle through, if it goes wrong nobody will care. After about a week, it becomes second nature.

Offline shstevens

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »

Sam

Offline Alan

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
Welcome to Quit.
You got some great advice below.
Post Roll and read, that is the ticket to freedom my friend.
You can do this.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
Welcome aboard SH. First and foremost, you will need to post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the January 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in January is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date.
Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Read, Read and Read. Post roll today and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Congratulations on throwing the shit out and taking control of your life. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Congratulations! You are among friends here. We have all been through what you now face. If so many of us can keep doing it day by day then so can you. You have so very much to learn about our shared addiction. I recommend reading everything on the site..everything. Then read it again. IN the mean time try a placebo...there are a number of "fake" dip products that will help with the oral part. Unfortunately, the physical withdraw will just take old fashion nuts! Stay close and educate yourself for now.

MOA

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Congratulations on making a decision to will change your life. Check out the link to the welcome center above and when your ready post roll with the January '14 pre-HOF group.

We all stay quit together by posting roll everyday, our promise to not use nicotine to one another. It's that simple, keep your word and stay quit today. Simple, but not easy. Drink lots of water, get your self some seeds, gum, candy, fake herbal dips whatever it takes to keep the poison out early on.

I like many others will tell you that it's gonna suck at first, but it gets better and when it does nothing is better than freedom!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
I've decided to quit dipping. i threw out my last can today. Appreciate any encouragement and ideas on how to keep going. i know it won't be easy and a big part of me doesn't want to stop. But i'm so sick of being an addict.
the part of you that doesn't want to stop is addiction my friend.

Tell you what, just stop for today. Any fool can quit for a single day.

Tomorrow you can do what you want, but TODAY your Quit.

Welcome to club, go to Words of wisdom, Other resources, or cancer and quitter stories and start reading, it'll help

If I can do it so can you

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline shstevens

• Quitter
want to quit
« on: October 08, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
I've decided to quit dipping. i threw out my last can today. Appreciate any encouragement and ideas on how to keep going. i know it won't be easy and a big part of me doesn't want to stop. But i'm so sick of being an addict.