Author Topic: T-Cell's Quit!  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: T-Cell's Quit!
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: T-Cell
Day 889
Letting you quitters that follow and support me know that I'm stepping away from posting roll. I've basically reached 100% confidence in my quit and am moving on. I will be right back here in a heartbeat if I feel I slip below 100%. KTC and all of you have been the reason I've gotten to this stage, the method works and I've met so many outstanding people. For those of you that have my number, keep it and use it if you need it. I will gladly continue supporting you. Hopefully I have paid it forward in my nearly 900 days here. I will also send any active user to this site if I get a chance, because it works. Thanks to everyone here and congrats as well. My life as a non-chewer is so much better than as an active user it is amazing.
Tony,
Since I am one of the men that has met you face to face and we have discussed QUIT, I have not a doubt in my mind that your resolve is strong and as you know I will always be here to support you. We will all be having beers together in August again so I have no fear that I will not see t-cell again.

The quit is strong in this one!

P
Excuse me?

I'm glad you have absolute confidence in your quit, but your last two posts in this intro are complete opposite sentiments. Nobody is infallible in this battle. You, me, anybody...

Look. I've been where you are. In 2006, I used this program to stop. I posted roll (fairly) regularly for about 150 days or so. I was strong, and didn't feel the need to make my promise. I was quit.

When I stopped soiling nicotine's name, she started taking over. It wasn't immediate. It was a second look at a friend packing or smoking. It was getting drunk and considering asking for one. It was forgetting all I had learned in my short time stopped.

I didn't keep my quit tools sharpened, and at a Browns' game in 2009, I failed. I got really drunk and asked for one. My head spun. I may have looked like I was throwing up in a plant outside the stadium (I mean...it is the Browns). But, I didn't even think about for a weeks.

That's when her voice came back and she started telling me I could cheat on my normal life with her. I was better than those addicts because I could use whenever I wanted without repercussions.

In 4 months, I was worse off that before.

Luckily, I found this program again. I owned my quit. I owned my past. I've built a great quit here, and walking away would just be silly. I want to be quit. I WANT to be quit.

You don't need to post in 6000 groups everyday. Post in your own. Take 20 seconds to say "I quit" and walk away if need be. I did that. We all can't spend hours and hours here all the time. That whole saying "Take what you need, leave the rest" applies whole heartedly here. You need roll. Leave the rest. When you need it, it will be here.
T-cell,

I hope you come back in and see this. As I too tried a little experiment of stepping away, but I realized something.

I realized that the posting of roll, though is VERY important to myself (or ones self), is the feeling I had that others looked to see my name on that roll as well to help them. And if I did not post it was the feeling of letting them down.

So take another day, another thought, as I do believe that the quit may be strong inside yourself, but if it is indeed that, follow through and let others see your name and borrow some of that strength when they need it.

As Wastepanel mentions, keep your word here within your group, let it remind you of the tools you have so that they remain sharp for when you need them.

so think about it, as it is that though and not a reaction that can keep us quit each and every day,
What's 20 seconds a day to insure/ensure your quit? Seems like a wasted opportunity to quit posting roll. I'm not a licensed financial advisor, but the small investment in the form of a 20 second daily roll post seems to guarantee some huge returns. Why not continue with one measly roll post per day? I guess I don't get it.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Day 889
Letting you quitters that follow and support me know that I'm stepping away from posting roll. I've basically reached 100% confidence in my quit and am moving on. I will be right back here in a heartbeat if I feel I slip below 100%. KTC and all of you have been the reason I've gotten to this stage, the method works and I've met so many outstanding people. For those of you that have my number, keep it and use it if you need it. I will gladly continue supporting you. Hopefully I have paid it forward in my nearly 900 days here. I will also send any active user to this site if I get a chance, because it works. Thanks to everyone here and congrats as well. My life as a non-chewer is so much better than as an active user it is amazing.
Tony,
Since I am one of the men that has met you face to face and we have discussed QUIT, I have not a doubt in my mind that your resolve is strong and as you know I will always be here to support you. We will all be having beers together in August again so I have no fear that I will not see t-cell again.

P
Excuse me?

I'm glad you have absolute confidence in your quit, but your last two posts in this intro are complete opposite sentiments. Nobody is infallible in this battle. You, me, anybody...

Look. I've been where you are. In 2006, I used this program to stop. I posted roll (fairly) regularly for about 150 days or so. I was strong, and didn't feel the need to make my promise. I was quit.

When I stopped soiling nicotine's name, she started taking over. It wasn't immediate. It was a second look at a friend packing or smoking. It was getting drunk and considering asking for one. It was forgetting all I had learned in my short time stopped.

I didn't keep my quit tools sharpened, and at a Browns' game in 2009, I failed. I got really drunk and asked for one. My head spun. I may have looked like I was throwing up in a plant outside the stadium (I mean...it is the Browns). But, I didn't even think about for a weeks.

That's when her voice came back and she started telling me I could cheat on my normal life with her. I was better than those addicts because I could use whenever I wanted without repercussions.

Luckily, I found this program again. I owned my quit. I owned my past. I've built a great quit here, and walking away would just be silly. I want to be quit. I WANT to be quit.

You don't need to post in 6000 groups everyday. Post in your own. Take 20 seconds to say "I quit" and walk away if need be. I did that. We all can't spend hours and hours here all the time. That whole saying "Take what you need, leave the rest" applies whole heartedly here. You need roll. Leave the rest. When you need it, it will be here.
T-cell,

I hope you come back in and see this. As I too tried a little experiment of stepping away, but I realized something.

I realized that the posting of roll, though is VERY important to myself (or ones self), is the feeling I had that others looked to see my name on that roll as well to help them. And if I did not post it was the feeling of letting them down.

So take another day, another thought, as I do believe that the quit may be strong inside yourself, but if it is indeed that, follow through and let others see your name and borrow some of that strength when they need it.

As Wastepanel mentions, keep your word here within your group, let it remind you of the tools you have so that they remain sharp for when you need them.

so think about it, as it is that though and not a reaction that can keep us quit each and every day,

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Day 889
Tony,

P
Excuse me?

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
Day 889
Tony,

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
Day 889
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Day 827
I posted this in my HOF group today, thought I'd drop it here as well.

I'll be honest, I simply am not significantly tempted any more. I still have occasional fleeting whispers of "just one" and a "somethings missing" feeling, but those are extremely easy to dismiss. It has been that way since sometime in the 200's of quit. I really don't know why I'm at this stage and others with equal or more time still seem to crave, but here is my guess. I chewed for so long I got to the point where my mouth was constantly tore up and sore, and I simply couldn't put enough cancer dirt in my mouth to stave off withdrawal symptoms. Almost a can a day at the end and nothing but pain and withdrawal for at least a year. In short, by the time I quit I seriously hated the crap. I don't harbor any fond memories, I have no associations of dip and anything good. In fact, my associations are all negative (pain, cost, self-loathing for being so weak).
But I continue to post almost every day, not only here but also in a dozen+ other groups. I feel that is a more than fair price for my freedom, to hopefully help others and to ensure I have the constant reminder in case I start to forget.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »
Day 815
Heading off grid for a couple days of fishing on the Frying Pan. Hoping for a serious bwo hatch. Staying at a cabin without cell/internet. Would have cell if I drove 4 miles, which I'm not likely to do except in emergency. No problem staying quit, I've done this trip many times now without tobacco. Should be posting sometime later Wed. for those tracking me, thanks and see ya Wed.
Best of luck T, enjoy the serenity by the stream brother.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
Day 815
Heading off grid for a couple days of fishing on the Frying Pan. Hoping for a serious bwo hatch. Staying at a cabin without cell/internet. Would have cell if I drove 4 miles, which I'm not likely to do except in emergency. No problem staying quit, I've done this trip many times now without tobacco. Should be posting sometime later Wed. for those tracking me, thanks and see ya Wed.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Day 802
8th floor! Thanks to all those at KTC that help me maintain my quit, and that is almost all of you in some form or another.
Newbies, the quit absolutely does get easier as time goes on. And being quit is what this is all about, right?
Put in the work to build a foundation. At KTC that is mostly:
1. Post roll every day to pledge you won't use today. Keep that promise.
2. Build an accountability network. Get to know other quitters and allow them to help hold you accountable. Look for ways to increase your accountability, don't slack off of it.

Everyone CAN do this, but only a few are WILLING to do it. Be one of the few...
^^Very sage advice from a damn fine quitter!^^
Congrats on 800+! Well done.
Glad I chose to drink the kool-aid and be one of the few.

Great post and congrats on the 8th floor.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
Day 802
8th floor! Thanks to all those at KTC that help me maintain my quit, and that is almost all of you in some form or another.
Newbies, the quit absolutely does get easier as time goes on. And being quit is what this is all about, right?
2. Build an accountability network. Get to know other quitters and allow them to help hold you accountable. Look for ways to increase your accountability, don't slack off of it.

Congrats on 800+! Well done.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Day 802

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
Day 802

quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Coach
8th floor bump!!

'BanDog'
Woot woot! Hats off to a KTC pillar!
T-cell, you take quitting seriously. And I dig that about you! Way to be.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
8th floor bump!!

'BanDog'
Woot woot! Hats off to a KTC pillar!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
8th floor bump!!

'BanDog'
Make Your Decision