Author Topic: The Whole Story  (Read 2700 times)

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Whole Story
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »
Day 135- During my last pre-KTC cave I wrote a list of things that I was feeling the morning after that first cave. It's really helped to put into perspective just what will happen if I cave. Yes, I may feel that buzz for a little while, but the side effects last for days with just ONE dip. Is that a good trade off? I don't think so.

Feeling constricted-Muscles feel tense and sore.
Headache- Feels like a hangover.
Dry Mouth- That stuff dries you out quickly
Sore Throat- Chemicals will do that
Aching and/or bleeding gums- Yep, I had 1 cope pouch and my mouth was bleeding like I was eating glass
Guilt- The mother of all.

these side effects physically go away in about 3 or 4 days, but the one thing that you can't get back is TIME. Time between you and the nic bitch. The more time you put between yourself and it, the less your body will yearn for it. The less susceptible you will be to it. Nothing can beat time. Every day that you quit for that day puts that much more TIME between you and it. The fog goes away, the triggers fade, and finding old tins in the garage sets more of a feeling of accomplishment than a triumph because "You just scored free dip!" The new you will need no excuses, time-outs, alone periods or trips to wash your mouth out.

The worse part of a cave is the TIME you've lost. The DISTANCE. The RENEWED, habit-free, you.

Don't waste time.

It's not worth the sore throat.
Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: wo1miles
Day 95- Huge milestone  on my road-a-quit. On Wednesday I traveled from my base in northern Kuwait to one in the southern region. The base I am currently located at has very little in the way of amenities. They don't sell things like COMMIT LOZENGES (The original reason for my quit), or good coffee. So I went down to Camp Arifjan for a meeting and stopped into the PX. Walked by the commit lozenges with nary a second glance (small crave though) and straight to the Seattle's Best coffee bags.

It's now official. I no longer feel the need to travel an hour and a half for nicotine. Nope, now I travel an hour and a half for good coffee. While I realize a coffee addiction isn't the best, it certainly pales in comparison to a cancer-causing super turd.
Nice work bro. Freedom is indeed the shit.

Way to bring it superquitter.
:D
OUTSTANDING!
Nice wo! I'll have a double shot and quit with you today!!
Arifjan huh?!?!?! Traveled in and out of that place a few times! Bought my harley at the AAFES vehicle sales there!!!!!!
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Ready
Day 95- Huge milestone  on my road-a-quit. On Wednesday I traveled from my base in northern Kuwait to one in the southern region. The base I am currently located at has very little in the way of amenities. They don't sell things like COMMIT LOZENGES (The original reason for my quit), or good coffee. So I went down to Camp Arifjan for a meeting and stopped into the PX. Walked by the commit lozenges with nary a second glance (small crave though) and straight to the Seattle's Best coffee bags.

It's now official. I no longer feel the need to travel an hour and a half for nicotine. Nope, now I travel an hour and a half for good coffee. While I realize a coffee addiction isn't the best, it certainly pales in comparison to a cancer-causing super turd.

OUTSTANDING!
Nice wo! I'll have a double shot and quit with you today!!

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
It's honesty and commitment like this that keeps me going.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »

OUTSTANDING!

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Amazing what you can do when your quit comes from your nut sack instead of some stupid little lozenge ain't it. Way to go bro!
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
Day 95- Huge milestone on my road-a-quit. On Wednesday I traveled from my base in northern Kuwait to one in the southern region. The base I am currently located at has very little in the way of amenities. They don't sell things like COMMIT LOZENGES (The original reason for my quit), or good coffee. So I went down to Camp Arifjan for a meeting and stopped into the PX. Walked by the commit lozenges with nary a second glance (small crave though) and straight to the Seattle's Best coffee bags.

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »
Day 95- Huge milestone on my road-a-quit. On Wednesday I traveled from my base in northern Kuwait to one in the southern region. The base I am currently located at has very little in the way of amenities. They don't sell things like COMMIT LOZENGES (The original reason for my quit), or good coffee. So I went down to Camp Arifjan for a meeting and stopped into the PX. Walked by the commit lozenges with nary a second glance (small crave though) and straight to the Seattle's Best coffee bags.

Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2011, 06:40:00 AM »
Day 85- Why this site works is that when you start your quit, it's the only thing on your mind pretty much every second of the day. You lean on the articles, HOF speeches and constant chatter about the forums. As you progress in your quit, you may become less dependent and only come into the forum to post roll and boogy. At some point, though, you hit a funk and again all you can think about is your quit hanging in the balance. That's when you bounce back hard and get back on KTC to ride out the storm. Then, that funk subsides and you again rely less on the site.

My point is this. This site isn't here to tell you that you need to log 10 posts a day, or have to spend an hour in chat. This site is here to help you and your quit, and people just like you. When you are feeling strong you are expected to reach out and help another person who is funking. That's the responsibility you hold and you must embrace it. There will be times when you need to lean on others and guard your quit, and don't feel guilty about needing the help. We all go through it and it is normal. My group is about to step into the spotlight as December creeps ever so slowly up upon us, and all I can say is that sometimes I was heavily involved on here, sometimes I was hanging on for dear quit, but always...ALWAYS...I stayed true to my word every day that I would not ingest nicotine, and I kept that word for the December Group, for all the quitters (and cavers) of KTC, for my family, but first, last and always, for myself.

Use KTC the way YOU need to in order to keep your quit.
Nice work WO. I appreciate your hard work getting some quit and the help you have given others.

I gladly swim in the quit pool with you brother.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »
Day 85- Why this site works is that when you start your quit, it's the only thing on your mind pretty much every second of the day. You lean on the articles, HOF speeches and constant chatter about the forums. As you progress in your quit, you may become less dependent and only come into the forum to post roll and boogy. At some point, though, you hit a funk and again all you can think about is your quit hanging in the balance. That's when you bounce back hard and get back on KTC to ride out the storm. Then, that funk subsides and you again rely less on the site.

My point is this. This site isn't here to tell you that you need to log 10 posts a day, or have to spend an hour in chat. This site is here to help you and your quit, and people just like you. When you are feeling strong you are expected to reach out and help another person who is funking. That's the responsibility you hold and you must embrace it. There will be times when you need to lean on others and guard your quit, and don't feel guilty about needing the help. We all go through it and it is normal. My group is about to step into the spotlight as December creeps ever so slowly up upon us, and all I can say is that sometimes I was heavily involved on here, sometimes I was hanging on for dear quit, but always...ALWAYS...I stayed true to my word every day that I would not ingest nicotine, and I kept that word for the December Group, for all the quitters (and cavers) of KTC, for my family, but first, last and always, for myself.

Well said!

'clap'
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
Day 70- Feeling really good, and normal. I'm stacking the sand bags for the impending war because I know the funk is on its way. But I am prepared, moreso than I was at Day 39 when it hit me really hard. I know I have the tools to fight it, though. It's true that each battle you win against the NIC bitch gives you more weapons in your aresenal, and once you've won that decisisive D-Day-Style invasion, you know that no matter what you can get through anything. Anyone facing their first funk, probably around day 20, 30, 40 or so, you can do it. It's the first real test of your quit. You HAVE to tough it out. Build your aresenal and bust on through. NIC's lies are strongest at this time, resist and defend!
Outstanding. Pleasure to quit with you today bud.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2011, 06:20:00 AM »
Day 70- Feeling really good, and normal. I'm stacking the sand bags for the impending war because I know the funk is on its way. But I am prepared, moreso than I was at Day 39 when it hit me really hard. I know I have the tools to fight it, though. It's true that each battle you win against the NIC bitch gives you more weapons in your aresenal, and once you've won that decisisive D-Day-Style invasion, you know that no matter what you can get through anything. Anyone facing their first funk, probably around day 20, 30, 40 or so, you can do it. It's the first real test of your quit. You HAVE to tough it out. Build your aresenal and bust on through. NIC's lies are strongest at this time, resist and defend!
:)
the quit is strong in this one

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2011, 06:07:00 AM »
:)