Author Topic: The Whole Story  (Read 2701 times)

Offline azchief32

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Whole Story
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Quote from: wo1miles
Just like to point out that a guy out here with me thought it funny to pop a giant fuckin plug right in front of my desk and then use my half empty bottle of water to spit. Fuckin Assholes...just strengthening my resolve to stay quit...TODAY!
w01miles...You realize you used to do that...lol.
Liberated on 31 Aug 2011

HoF on 8 Dec 2011

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
Quote from: wo1miles
Just like to point out that a guy out here with me thought it funny to pop a giant fuckin plug right in front of my desk and then use my half empty bottle of water to spit. Fuckin Assholes...just strengthening my resolve to stay quit...TODAY!
Nice work miles! He's the weak pansy ass that can't quit and he's scared of losing a fellow dipper that helps justify his addiction. You can DO this one day at a time!!! Good talking to you in chat yesterday brother! If you need anything or a phone # PM me.

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
WO1,
Congrats on the quit! I actually picked up my addiction (I used to call it a habbit) when I was deployed in 2009! I dipped for the deployment and promised I would quit when I redeployed! Yeah right.....a year after coming home I was still ninja dipping and 4 weeks ago that changed. I had enough! The guys here have helped me to realize that nic is not a habbit! I will be addicted to nicotene for the rest of my life! But being quit and free is awesome!

Come home safe......and quit!
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Gump
Glad to see you here Warrant Officer.

I just want to clarify something for you. I think you get it, but you haven't put it in concrete terms for yourself.

You don't crave because you are weak, or because you ran out of lozenges, or because you have been deployed overseas, or because you think there will be a better time to quit when you have all your ducks lined up, or because you don't respect your wife or your children or anything like that.

You crave NICOTINE because you are an ADDICT. That is the Alpha and the Omega of this thing.

We are all nicotine addicts here, and we all have to come to grips with that fact. The lozenges never worked because they fed your addiction, just as surely as the pouches did.

Promising us every day via roll that you won't use nicotine that day keeps you clean for that day. And we'll demand that you keep your promise to us. One day at a time.

Thanks for your service.
It don't get much plainer than that. Well said, Gump.

Wo1miles, you are an addict. Face it, embrace it, but you can't erase it. You can, however, win the battle today. Post, promise, honor, repeat. It's that simple. Notice I said simple, not easy.

From one addict to another, congratulations on being here. PM me if I can help you any way.

Offline Jaymodill

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Welcome December brother. Let me just say first off, thank you for your service and the courage you have to face the things I want to ignore. I admire you and your willingness to serve our country. I truly hope you stick around with us here. Post roll every day and let us know that you will be nic free. You have spent years fighting for and defending our freedom - Today you fight for your freedom. If you don't mind, I will be praying for you.
I'm goin' tackle this bitch!

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me - Phil 4:13

Offline azchief32

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
Wo1miles,

Welcome to the December group...Being deployed sucks on its own and to have to jump balls deep into a quit...Good on you bro. My email is azchief32@mac.com if you get bored and want to B.S. or vent. Good luck and stay strong. Eric
Liberated on 31 Aug 2011

HoF on 8 Dec 2011

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

Offline Gump

• Quitter
    • framedartexpert.com
  • Interests: my daughterquittingwinningbusinessrock climbingbodybuildingguitarscubasnowboardingtheaterlive bandsdead bandspretty much anything in naturenot having nature invite itself into my househelping other people to quit nicotineAtlanta Picture Framer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »
Glad to see you here Warrant Officer.

I just want to clarify something for you. I think you get it, but you haven't put it in concrete terms for yourself.

You don't crave because you are weak, or because you ran out of lozenges, or because you have been deployed overseas, or because you think there will be a better time to quit when you have all your ducks lined up, or because you don't respect your wife or your children or anything like that.

You crave NICOTINE because you are an ADDICT. That is the Alpha and the Omega of this thing.

We are all nicotine addicts here, and we all have to come to grips with that fact. The lozenges never worked because they fed your addiction, just as surely as the pouches did.

Promising us every day via roll that you won't use nicotine that day keeps you clean for that day. And we'll demand that you keep your promise to us. One day at a time.

Thanks for your service.
"Stupid is as stupid does"

Quit nicotine 9/1/09

Framed Art Expert

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
The Whole Story
« on: September 05, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
I am 29 years old, originally from Cleveland, OH. I have been married for 8 years and I have three Children, Daughter (7), Daughter (4), Son (2). I am a Warrant Officer in the United States Army and a recent quitter.

I started smoking around Age 14 until I joined the Army at age 18. Switched to Skoal, mostly mint and then Berry Blend and finally to berry blend pouches in early 2002-2008. I even dipped the entire time I had braces! I put aside dip and switched to Commit Lozenges on January 5th, 2008. That was the day I thought I had "quit". Wrong! I am now deployed to Kuwait, and two weeks ago the inevitable happened: I ran out of lozenges. I made it 4 days thinking I could just beat this thing through starvation. On day 5, I walked into the PX and bought a can of Copenhagen Pouches...just like that, I was back to square one. I dipped one pouch that evening, 4 the next day and then tossed the can. After 1 day, I made a trip to another base in Kuwait in hopes of finding the lozenges. Low and behold they were all out. That very night when I returned I bought another can. Had 1 pouch that night, 3 the next day and then got up on KTC. I am now on day 6 and feeling confident. I think the biggest hurdle for me has been in making sure that in my mind, there is no "next time I get the chance". That hope of a fix is what drives my cravings. After promising to quit for my wife (our wedding day was my deadline), each of my kids birthdays was a deadline, it finally took me to put my foot down and KTC!
Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?