Author Topic: Was it REALLY 25 Years  (Read 895 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Was it REALLY 25 Years
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: trigerhapy
2nd floor, congratulations man!
Congratulations my brother! See you at 300!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »
2nd floor, congratulations man!

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
100 Days! Congratulations on your induction to the HOF!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: LA
Just had a nice run to celebrate my 30 days. Did about 5 miles and found a big set of stairs to run up and down in the middle of my route. Came home and used to reach straight for my Skoal but today just relaxed enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to reach for it.

I'm staying vigilant, posting every day, using the the few phone numbers of others who are in this fight. One thing I'm doing that might be helpful for others is that I'm trying to remind my brain every time I have a craving that it's not going to feel as good as my brain thinks it's going to feel. It's like my brain still thinks I'm going to have the dip I used to have back in '92 - the one that gave me a little buzz and made me feel invincible. Fortunately, another part of my brain knows that's NOT the dip I would have. The dip I would have is the one that makes me feel alone and isolated and like I failed...again. No thanks!

Proud to be quit today.
Hell yeah brother day 30 here with you! Awesome! Pm me get my digits if you want to celebrate with me in 5 years! Proud as hell to be quit with you!
Well done Kevin. Congrats on 30 days. ODAAT. I'm quit with you today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
Just had a nice run to celebrate my 30 days. Did about 5 miles and found a big set of stairs to run up and down in the middle of my route. Came home and used to reach straight for my Skoal but today just relaxed enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to reach for it.

I'm staying vigilant, posting every day, using the the few phone numbers of others who are in this fight. One thing I'm doing that might be helpful for others is that I'm trying to remind my brain every time I have a craving that it's not going to feel as good as my brain thinks it's going to feel. It's like my brain still thinks I'm going to have the dip I used to have back in '92 - the one that gave me a little buzz and made me feel invincible. Fortunately, another part of my brain knows that's NOT the dip I would have. The dip I would have is the one that makes me feel alone and isolated and like I failed...again. No thanks!

Proud to be quit today.
Hell yeah brother day 30 here with you! Awesome! Pm me get my digits if you want to celebrate with me in 5 years! Proud as hell to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline LA Kevin

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-28
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »

Proud to be quit today.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
Quote from: hobo924
Had another nice peek about what post nicotine life can be if keep my word each day. The last couple or mornings my fiance has asked me to make her some juice using our new juicer when she woke up. Well, today I looked at the clock and it was almost time for her to get up (I had already been up a couple of hours) and I thought "well, I'm sure she's going to ask for a juice so I'll make one and bring it in to her." So that's what I did. And she looked at me in shock like "what the hell is this all about?"

It occurred to me after that usually I'm looking at the clock thinking "man, I hope she gets up and gets out of here quickly. I need a dip." I'm sure she senses that anxiety (pure panic some days I guess). Anyway, the point is that it was nice not to be pacing around waiting for her to get the hell out of the house so I could indulge my addiction.
Couldn't agree more. Happened to me last night when my lady went to the gym after the kids went to bed. The very first thought that ran through my head was "yes I can dip now!" (Insert Family Feud buzzer sound) That lasted about half a second and I squashed it. Not last night. Not today. Proud to quit and slowly rewire my brain with you today.
After we quit we truly see how much time the Nic Bitch stole from us and our families. Life is simpler and sweeter being free from the slavery!

Offline hobo924

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-31
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 05:22:00 PM »
Had another nice peek about what post nicotine life can be if keep my word each day. The last couple or mornings my fiance has asked me to make her some juice using our new juicer when she woke up. Well, today I looked at the clock and it was almost time for her to get up (I had already been up a couple of hours) and I thought "well, I'm sure she's going to ask for a juice so I'll make one and bring it in to her." So that's what I did. And she looked at me in shock like "what the hell is this all about?"

It occurred to me after that usually I'm looking at the clock thinking "man, I hope she gets up and gets out of here quickly. I need a dip." I'm sure she senses that anxiety (pure panic some days I guess). Anyway, the point is that it was nice not to be pacing around waiting for her to get the hell out of the house so I could indulge my addiction.
Couldn't agree more. Happened to me last night when my lady went to the gym after the kids went to bed. The very first thought that ran through my head was "yes I can dip now!" (Insert Family Feud buzzer sound) That lasted about half a second and I squashed it. Not last night. Not today. Proud to quit and slowly rewire my brain with you today.

Offline LA Kevin

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »
Kevin- great start to what is shaping up as an outstanding quit. Keep knocking down triggers one at a time, keep posting roll, keep recording your thoughts here in your intro- all positive things. You've made it through some of the toughest days but there are still hurdles to overcome. Take it one day at a time and keep killing it.

Quit with you.

Your intro about addiction is awesome...more people should read it because it's so damn true.

PM me if you need anything

Offline LA Kevin

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: Idaho
Had a little taste of Freedom today after I went for a long run. Came back and usually it's guzzle some water and gatorade and then head straight for old friend Skoal Mint. Well today I ran an extra mile or two, had my water and gatorade and then had 5 or 10 minutes of sitting on my patio without even thinking about nicotine. I was just spacing out, catching my breath and enjoying the sunny LA afternoon. Then it came back and I've been fighting it a bit but that few minutes has me motivated to keep it going. Maybe next week I'll have 15 minutes after a run where I don't even think about the Nic Bitch!
Great work! It smells like quit in here. Listen to all the vets, get active and protect your quit. The nic bitch will sneak up on you when you are not expecting, have a plan and get some phone numbers
There will soon come a day where nicotine thoughts will never enter your brain.

I promise.
Sounds like you on the right track! Post roll read and listen you will make it if you really want to! If you smart as you say you are listen to yourself and not the nic bitch! You got this shit! I'm an addict myself dipped 38 years been quit 11 days feel great! The only way I've made it is through help from all these guys!

Thanks, man. We have the same quit date! 11 days for me too....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Had a little taste of Freedom today after I went for a long run. Came back and usually it's guzzle some water and gatorade and then head straight for old friend Skoal Mint. Well today I ran an extra mile or two, had my water and gatorade and then had 5 or 10 minutes of sitting on my patio without even thinking about nicotine. I was just spacing out, catching my breath and enjoying the sunny LA afternoon. Then it came back and I've been fighting it a bit but that few minutes has me motivated to keep it going. Maybe next week I'll have 15 minutes after a run where I don't even think about the Nic Bitch!
Great work! It smells like quit in here. Listen to all the vets, get active and protect your quit. The nic bitch will sneak up on you when you are not expecting, have a plan and get some phone numbers

I promise.
Sounds like you on the right track! Post roll read and listen you will make it if you really want to! If you smart as you say you are listen to yourself and not the nic bitch! You got this shit! I'm an addict myself dipped 38 years been quit 11 days feel great! The only way I've made it is through help from all these guys!

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 07:54:00 AM »

I promise.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

Offline LA Kevin

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »