Author Topic: Introduction: WiscoBill  (Read 436 times)

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction: WiscoBill
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: WiscoBill
Hi Guys- Joined this site about a week ago after I threw away my last tin. Some of the chat-room quitters convinced me to write "Day 1" in the July group and I don't plan on stopping until my roll is in triple-digits.

My chew story is far from the worst around; I'm just under 30 and have chewed for 2-3 years daily. However in addition to the chew I am dealing with some other demons, and I will leave that by saying that I am committed to being totally substance-free on this road to recovery. I'm focusing on TODAY, and TODAY only. I will be free of chew, and everything else, today.

To help in this journey and to take back my life, my health, and my self-respect, I am starting the Couch-to-5k Program. I have done this program a few years ago and it worked wonders as I ran two 5k's that summer, and never felt better - NO SUBSTANCE could match that. So if anyone is interested in training together let me know. For those interested, there are many C25K programs out there now but the original is here:
Couch to 5K
Welcome to the site Bill. I can tell you the one thing that has helped me the most with this quit, is going to the gym. SO I am glad your working into another program. Welcome to the site. Get in and get involved, also a big step in me staying quit. Gald to have you and I quit with you today.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
Re: Introduction: WiscoBill
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: WiscoBill
Hi Guys- Joined this site about a week ago after I threw away my last tin. Some of the chat-room quitters convinced me to write "Day 1" in the July group and I don't plan on stopping until my roll is in triple-digits.

My chew story is far from the worst around; I'm just under 30 and have chewed for 2-3 years daily. However in addition to the chew I am dealing with some other demons, and I will leave that by saying that I am committed to being totally substance-free on this road to recovery. I'm focusing on TODAY, and TODAY only. I will be free of chew, and everything else, today.

To help in this journey and to take back my life, my health, and my self-respect, I am starting the Couch-to-5k Program. I have done this program a few years ago and it worked wonders as I ran two 5k's that summer, and never felt better - NO SUBSTANCE could match that. So if anyone is interested in training together let me know. For those interested, there are many C25K programs out there now but the original is here:
Couch to 5K
Good to see your intro Bill. Glad to see you got quite the quit going on. Talked briefly to you the other night on chat. Need anything pm me, other then that,, KEEP QUITTING and I'll keep quitting with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline WiscoBill

Introduction: WiscoBill
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »

Couch to 5K