Author Topic: Quitting Day 1. 5 years later....  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
Re: Quitting Day 1. 5 years later....
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
Quote from: aredoubleyou
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: Oct
aredoubleyou - 226
This is the last "consistent" roll post I could find. That means you went 1300 on your own? I want to say kudo's but I see the results of that. You sir are a classic case of cured. You had this licked and didn't need accountability or brotherhood.

I haven't read anything that's striking me as changed. Time will tell. I hope you step up and own this.
Well it's a good thing I'm not trying to strike you as changed. I'm not cured, I've never claimed I was. Yes apparently I went 1300 days on my own. As I mentioned, I also know that doesn't mean anything because I caved.
We've gone over the fact that I didn't post for those 1300 days. We've also gone over the fact that if I had been posting and engaged here, I'd be on day 1900somethng.

I'm back because I quit. I'm here to stay quit every day and help others do the same.
I don't need your approval or your belief in me, but I appreciate the support and being quit with you. I also appreciate you taking the time to post here, so thank you.

I'm done talking about the past unless anyone else would like to bring up the fact that I caved after 1500 days, I'm fine with the discussion. But saying it and then telling me exactly why you assume I caved without knowing anything about me? I caved because I didn't care about being quit. I was disconnected from my reasons for quitting in the first place. I forgot how hard I worked to get through my first day 1 and how proud I was to get to 100. I didn't think of it as a cave. I forgot the term "caver". I am addicted to nicotine, and that will never change. But I'm back here to kick it and quit with everyone here. Period. Day 3 is done. Looking forward to being quit with you tomorrow for my day 4.
That may have come across differently than I intended. Candoit, I truly do appreciate you taking the time to post. Might have a bit of the rage going this evening. Somehow I've been extremely patient with the kiddos and wifey...but it's always been said, if you're going to rage, come on this site to do it...
I have made it 1108 days, so far. I have done this by investment. First and foremost has to be to yourself. This is done by posting roll. Everything else is secondary. The brotherhood is due to you seeking accountability. Success is a result of this daily investment.

Get pissed and don't ever accept failure.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2017, 11:26:00 PM »
aredoubleyou - 226
This is the last "consistent" roll post I could find. That means you went 1300 on your own? I want to say kudo's but I see the results of that. You sir are a classic case of cured. You had this licked and didn't need accountability or brotherhood.

I haven't read anything that's striking me as changed. Time will tell. I hope you step up and own this.
Well it's a good thing I'm not trying to strike you as changed. I'm not cured, I've never claimed I was. Yes apparently I went 1300 days on my own. As I mentioned, I also know that doesn't mean anything because I caved.
We've gone over the fact that I didn't post for those 1300 days. We've also gone over the fact that if I had been posting and engaged here, I'd be on day 1900somethng.

I'm back because I quit. I'm here to stay quit every day and help others do the same.
I don't need your approval or your belief in me, but I appreciate the support and being quit with you. I also appreciate you taking the time to post here, so thank you.

I'm done talking about the past unless anyone else would like to bring up the fact that I caved after 1500 days, I'm fine with the discussion. But saying it and then telling me exactly why you assume I caved without knowing anything about me? I caved because I didn't care about being quit. I was disconnected from my reasons for quitting in the first place. I forgot how hard I worked to get through my first day 1 and how proud I was to get to 100. I didn't think of it as a cave. I forgot the term "caver". I am addicted to nicotine, and that will never change. But I'm back here to kick it and quit with everyone here. Period. Day 3 is done. Looking forward to being quit with you tomorrow for my day 4.
That may have come across differently than I intended. Candoit, I truly do appreciate you taking the time to post. Might have a bit of the rage going this evening. Somehow I've been extremely patient with the kiddos and wifey...but it's always been said, if you're going to rage, come on this site to do it...

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
aredoubleyou - 226

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
aredoubleyou - 226

There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Palpatine
I think the fact is that last time I had some sort of emotional attachment to chewing and the habit ADDICTION.
Make sure you burn it in your brain that this is an addiction with no cure. 100, 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000, 23,262 days will NOT cure this.
I agree with that. I was more referring to being attached to the habit of having something in my lip. I was and am addicted to nicotine, there's no doubt about that. This time I just don't feel like I'm losing a friend...more like I'm ditching a relentless enemy...

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
I think the fact is that last time I had some sort of emotional attachment to chewing and the habit ADDICTION.
Make sure you burn it in your brain that this is an addiction with no cure. 100, 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000, 23,262 days will NOT cure this.
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »
Reading through the first few days from 5 years ago, I have to say this first few has been totally different.

The cravings aren't the intense bouts that I remember. This time it feels like a dull, drawn out craving which at any given moment is not as unpleasant, but it is equally as annoying because of the duration. Worth being free though.

I can feel the fog for sure, and I am certainly not drinking enough water.

I think the fact is that last time I had some sort of emotional attachment to chewing and the habit. I don't feel that 3 days in.

Although people here may not accept it yet, I am not going to be the guy who quit(stopped) for 4 years then caved.

I am the guy that quit day 1, day 2, and now day 3.

I think I'll stop talking about and being proud of the 1500+ days (unless it can help someone else) because that stopped mattering when I caved. All that matters is today.

Happy to be quit today.

Figured I should try to get a few thoughts here for the new journey.

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Pepper
I see some of these guys kicking your butt and really can't blame them. I won't do that since I'm so new here.

Though I know where you're coming from, this is my first time here with this support system, I have stopped before many times and always when I caved the addiction was worse, I consumed more in a shorter period for less enjoyable results.

I'm only on day six so I am fully within the sucky part of it. I'm quitting though because I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of well you get the point. You did it before you can do it again. And don't ever decide you have got it licked and don't need anymore help. That's when it will come back with a vengeance.
It's nothing less than I expected when I decided to come back. But I know why I'm back here.

I got complacent, plain and simple. I had never been able to kick the habit until I joined this group, and you couldn't be more accurate. This last year has been a worse addiction with more consumption and less enjoyment. It sucks to be on day 1, but it is good to finally take the step I've known I needed for a long time.

Thanks for the message, I quit with you today.

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: MNxEngineer314
Quote from: pky1520
It seems like a lifetime ago that I was posting my intro here. March 10th, 2012 I quit chewing. I posted every day, I stuck with it and I quit for good...
Until 1,501 days later when I decided I would buy a can for old times sake on a road trip. April 18th 2016 I started chewing again...and now it's been over a year.

I went 1,501 days without a chew, and one dumb decision put me right back on the train.

Life is different now than it was in 2012. I am married, 2 young children, and a whole lot more to lose. I am sick of hiding the chew, and I want it out of my life. I need the accountability and look forward to putting this in my past once again.

Gotta remember how to post, find my group, and get this thing done.

I look forward to getting some support and getting back to my quitter ways.

Here's to Day 1.
Wow - March 6th, 2012 was Day 1...today would be 1973 for you. Instead it is Day 1.

Minnesota guy? Where?

Your June 2012 group only has one guy left in there but you better go post up in there and let him know you are back.

This place (as you know) isn't easy on the caver...still that way today. 3 questions are asked but the most important of them is "What are you going to do differently this time?" In other words, your cave on 4/18/2016 was preventable...do you want to quit for you? Do you want to stay quit for good? What are you going to do? How? Why?

You posted here until Day 233 and then stopped. You lost your guard of this place where you post up each day and then it protects your quit even that much more as a reminder that this is an addiction and it never ends. Never is cured.

Bunch of MN quitters here (myself included)...you still live here like your intro post from 2012 says?

Lots of support here. Get involved. I'll be your daily text reminder with the other 20 I text each morning.
Combined with your original Intro. Only one per member.

I posted three questions to you in the November group. Please put some thought into those and try to come up with a plan for sustained success.
Nice pky!

I was going to edit my original post but you got this moved already. All good...

aredoubleyou - Day 1 sucks...let me be clear on something. You caved...cavers suck. Cavers can't be trusted because they are being controlled by nicotine. You need to quit for you. You need to develop a hatred for nicotine. You need to have a plan in place for the next 4/18/2016 in the future.

What are you going to do? How? Who are you hiding chew from? Were you a ninja dipper? Are you now a ninja quitter? If so, tell everyone who you have been hiding it from that you chew. Trust me...best thing you can do for your quit. It will make you even better at quitting each day since this is a one day at a time place.

Quit for today...start again tomorrow. Get your ninja out and fight nicotine head on with others at your side.

EDIT: Also - you say above that you posted everyday yet the last post I see from you is in October 2012. Where did you post everyday?
I didn't mean I posted every day for 1500+ days. Frankly, I didn't know that I had even hit that mark because I was not posting.

What I meant was, I got through the initial hell of quitting because I was posting every day apparently for 233 days (as mentioned in an earlier post).

Then, I quit posting. I don't know why that is the case, but I would guess I believed that I had it taken care of...Obviously that is not the case.

If I had been on here for day 1500 and posting that number, there's not a chance I would have bought that tin.

All that said, there are no excuses. When I boil it down I bought that tin because I wanted to and every day for the last year, chewing has been a choice I have made.

I am responsible for it, and I am going to be responsible to make the right choice again every day.

I believe in accountability, and that's what this is.

I wish I could find all my old posts as easy as you guys do.
Click on your name...it brings you to your own profile. Hover over 'Profile Options' and then click on 'List member's posts'. It will show the years and months...last post was October 2012. You can see the history from there quickly.

Where in MN are you? I work downtown. Some others are downtown as well. Let's get this quit going today. Start by reaching out to others (I'm happy to be support for you...quitting is hard as you know!).
^The dark lord know what he is talking about.

I too am from the Twin Cities area. If you are serious about quitting this time, I will be happy to support you. Truly quit for yourself and learn to hate everything nicotine. Focus your energy not so much on changing the past but on charting a new path forward - a path free from the slavery of the dead, poisonous plant in a plastic can.

Glad you found your way back. Answer the three questions (if you haven't already) and start building that accountability network again.
Yes, I am still in MN.
I also work downtown and would greatly appreciate the support!

This quit is real, I am looking forward to once again being free from this garbage...and not just for a few years.
My number is in your inbox.

Offline Pepper

• Quitter
  • Canis Nicotinus
  • Quit Date: 25 July 2017
  • Interests: Lover of underdog and obsolete technologies. My favorite phone ever ran on Windows and my TVs play 3D movies.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
I see some of these guys kicking your butt and really can't blame them. I won't do that since I'm so new here.

Though I know where you're coming from, this is my first time here with this support system, I have stopped before many times and always when I caved the addiction was worse, I consumed more in a shorter period for less enjoyable results.

I'm only on day six so I am fully within the sucky part of it. I'm quitting though because I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of well you get the point. You did it before you can do it again. And don't ever decide you have got it licked and don't need anymore help. That's when it will come back with a vengeance.
I will not be enslaved by a dead plant in a plastic can.

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
Quote from: MNxEngineer314
It seems like a lifetime ago that I was posting my intro here. March 10th, 2012 I quit chewing. I posted every day, I stuck with it and I quit for good...
Until 1,501 days later when I decided I would buy a can for old times sake on a road trip. April 18th 2016 I started chewing again...and now it's been over a year.

I went 1,501 days without a chew, and one dumb decision put me right back on the train.

Life is different now than it was in 2012. I am married, 2 young children, and a whole lot more to lose. I am sick of hiding the chew, and I want it out of my life. I need the accountability and look forward to putting this in my past once again.

Here's to Day 1.
Wow - March 6th, 2012 was Day 1...today would be 1973 for you. Instead it is Day 1.

Minnesota guy? Where?

Your June 2012 group only has one guy left in there but you better go post up in there and let him know you are back.

This place (as you know) isn't easy on the caver...still that way today. 3 questions are asked but the most important of them is "What are you going to do differently this time?" In other words, your cave on 4/18/2016 was preventable...do you want to quit for you? Do you want to stay quit for good? What are you going to do? How? Why?

You posted here until Day 233 and then stopped. You lost your guard of this place where you post up each day and then it protects your quit even that much more as a reminder that this is an addiction and it never ends. Never is cured.

Bunch of MN quitters here (myself included)...you still live here like your intro post from 2012 says?

Lots of support here. Get involved. I'll be your daily text reminder with the other 20 I text each morning.

I posted three questions to you in the November group. Please put some thought into those and try to come up with a plan for sustained success.
Nice pky!

I was going to edit my original post but you got this moved already. All good...

aredoubleyou - Day 1 sucks...let me be clear on something. You caved...cavers suck. Cavers can't be trusted because they are being controlled by nicotine. You need to quit for you. You need to develop a hatred for nicotine. You need to have a plan in place for the next 4/18/2016 in the future.

What are you going to do? How? Who are you hiding chew from? Were you a ninja dipper? Are you now a ninja quitter? If so, tell everyone who you have been hiding it from that you chew. Trust me...best thing you can do for your quit. It will make you even better at quitting each day since this is a one day at a time place.

Quit for today...start again tomorrow. Get your ninja out and fight nicotine head on with others at your side.

EDIT: Also - you say above that you posted everyday yet the last post I see from you is in October 2012. Where did you post everyday?
I didn't mean I posted every day for 1500+ days. Frankly, I didn't know that I had even hit that mark because I was not posting.

What I meant was, I got through the initial hell of quitting because I was posting every day apparently for 233 days (as mentioned in an earlier post).

Then, I quit posting. I don't know why that is the case, but I would guess I believed that I had it taken care of...Obviously that is not the case.

If I had been on here for day 1500 and posting that number, there's not a chance I would have bought that tin.

All that said, there are no excuses. When I boil it down I bought that tin because I wanted to and every day for the last year, chewing has been a choice I have made.

I am responsible for it, and I am going to be responsible to make the right choice again every day.

Click on your name...it brings you to your own profile. Hover over 'Profile Options' and then click on 'List member's posts'. It will show the years and months...last post was October 2012. You can see the history from there quickly.

Where in MN are you? I work downtown. Some others are downtown as well. Let's get this quit going today. Start by reaching out to others (I'm happy to be support for you...quitting is hard as you know!).

I too am from the Twin Cities area. If you are serious about quitting this time, I will be happy to support you. Truly quit for yourself and learn to hate everything nicotine. Focus your energy not so much on changing the past but on charting a new path forward - a path free from the slavery of the dead, poisonous plant in a plastic can.

Glad you found your way back. Answer the three questions (if you haven't already) and start building that accountability network again.
Yes, I am still in MN.
I also work downtown and would greatly appreciate the support!

This quit is real, I am looking forward to once again being free from this garbage...and not just for a few years.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4379
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »

Here's to Day 1.

Minnesota guy? Where?

Nice pky!

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »

Here's to Day 1.

Minnesota guy? Where?

Nice pky!

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »

Here's to Day 1.

Minnesota guy? Where?

Nice pky!

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »

Here's to Day 1.

Minnesota guy? Where?

Nice pky!