Author Topic: Introduction - Knockout  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction - Knockout
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Ginet
CONGRATS ON REACHING 300 TODAY! I HAVE LOVED EVERY QUIT DAY WITH YOU AND I CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU. THAT IS OUR BOND - SIGNED IN QUIT BLOOD! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU JESSE. YOU ARE SOLID AND I AM SO THANKFUL THAT YOU DECIDED TO SAVE YOUR LIFE. THAT CHOICE HELPS ME SAVE MINE EVERY DAMN DAY.

ACCOUNTABILIBUDDIES FOREVER AT THE QUIT POOL AND BEYOND

G
Agree with every word. Congratulations sir.
Sorry I missed this yesterday. Congrats on the 3rd floor, brother Kawkout.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
CONGRATS ON REACHING 300 TODAY! I HAVE LOVED EVERY QUIT DAY WITH YOU AND I CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU. THAT IS OUR BOND - SIGNED IN QUIT BLOOD! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU JESSE. YOU ARE SOLID AND I AM SO THANKFUL THAT YOU DECIDED TO SAVE YOUR LIFE. THAT CHOICE HELPS ME SAVE MINE EVERY DAMN DAY.

G
Agree with every word. Congratulations sir.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »

G
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Knockout
Well, it's been a fair bit of time since I updated this journal, but today was a rough one and I need to vent.

To summarize the scenario, I started the fall semester at school this week. Shortly into my 2 hour stats lecture this evening, it was presented that my professor is a former statistician for R.J. Reynolds.

The fundamentals of this class (charts, graphs, principles) were all presented using data from "teen cigarette brand preferences". Not only did said professor describe tobacco usage as "a complete personal choice", she went so far as to blame parents for the widespread usage of tobacco amongst teens.

It was brutal to sit through the lecture without speaking up. I was torn between my hatred for nic and not wanting to disrespect my classmates with an argument.

Needless to say I will be visiting the professor during her office hours for a chat, but I'm quite aggravated that I signed up for a class taught by someone so close to the industry. A unique opportunity to hear details of her experience there, but it was very distracting.
Send her a copy of Zquitters hof speech.

Then tell her Diesel said to stop preaching about the nic biych and just teach standard deviation and figuring out the probability of shit.

Quit on..
^^^^Exactly....God Grant me the courage to change the things I can, serienty to accept the things I can not change and the wisdom to know the difference.....Have the conversation, but relaize you have having the discussion with part of the machine that denies nicotine is even addictive. Hang tough and quit on....you got a big semester.
Agreed ^^^. Even if you could somehow change her perspective, that wouldn't change the system the industry has nurtured over the decades. But you do have a. Opportunity to learn from a henchman of the enemy for a while- if you can stomach being that close to the evil babble. And I don't know if I could. Thanks for sharing this one- unique as heck.
Just a suggestion Jesse... Do not call her "nic bitch," at least to her face!

College is full of experiences like this. Try to grit your teeth and fight through it. I feel for ya. But I'm glad you aren't contributing to her fat ass pension.
Finally a situation worse than having to deal with the stereotypical left wing liberal professors when you believe in the constitution and are a student of critical thinking... Have the conversation if you must, but most people who are detached from reality don't want to hear it (not to mention collage profs (cough power trippin' cough). My advice is just grin and bear it, find out what she wants to hear and repeat it all the way to an A. Oh and plan on hitting the gym after her lectures.
I like your idea of having a one on one conversation with her. Discuss your battle with Big Tobacco and how hard it was. Perhaps you can open her eyes to a whole new world. Just do so with no perceptive notions or intent. She may gain a new respect for your path as well as your approach in bringing it to her attention. If not well then change classes.
Don't be surprised when you get a blank stare. She is probably so removed from the devastation caused by tobacco that she won't even flinch. She was a number cruncher and marketing data spewer. Probably never smoked... Good luck though. I would give her an earful. Shouldn't have to listen to that crap in college classes...
Ace the class first. Then let her have it after you officially receive your A. Copy me in on the email.
Wow.

Good luck. I had a hard enough time not punching my stats prof, and she was a sweetheart little old lady.
Get the A...fuck her....read her the right act. In that order.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
Well, it's been a fair bit of time since I updated this journal, but today was a rough one and I need to vent.

To summarize the scenario, I started the fall semester at school this week. Shortly into my 2 hour stats lecture this evening, it was presented that my professor is a former statistician for R.J. Reynolds.

The fundamentals of this class (charts, graphs, principles) were all presented using data from "teen cigarette brand preferences". Not only did said professor describe tobacco usage as "a complete personal choice", she went so far as to blame parents for the widespread usage of tobacco amongst teens.

It was brutal to sit through the lecture without speaking up. I was torn between my hatred for nic and not wanting to disrespect my classmates with an argument.

Needless to say I will be visiting the professor during her office hours for a chat, but I'm quite aggravated that I signed up for a class taught by someone so close to the industry. A unique opportunity to hear details of her experience there, but it was very distracting.

Then tell her Diesel said to stop preaching about the nic biych and just teach standard deviation and figuring out the probability of shit.

Quit on..
^^^^Exactly....God Grant me the courage to change the things I can, serienty to accept the things I can not change and the wisdom to know the difference.....Have the conversation, but relaize you have having the discussion with part of the machine that denies nicotine is even addictive. Hang tough and quit on....you got a big semester.
Agreed ^^^. Even if you could somehow change her perspective, that wouldn't change the system the industry has nurtured over the decades. But you do have a. Opportunity to learn from a henchman of the enemy for a while- if you can stomach being that close to the evil babble. And I don't know if I could. Thanks for sharing this one- unique as heck.

College is full of experiences like this. Try to grit your teeth and fight through it. I feel for ya. But I'm glad you aren't contributing to her fat ass pension.
Finally a situation worse than having to deal with the stereotypical left wing liberal professors when you believe in the constitution and are a student of critical thinking... Have the conversation if you must, but most people who are detached from reality don't want to hear it (not to mention collage profs (cough power trippin' cough). My advice is just grin and bear it, find out what she wants to hear and repeat it all the way to an A. Oh and plan on hitting the gym after her lectures.
I like your idea of having a one on one conversation with her. Discuss your battle with Big Tobacco and how hard it was. Perhaps you can open her eyes to a whole new world. Just do so with no perceptive notions or intent. She may gain a new respect for your path as well as your approach in bringing it to her attention. If not well then change classes.
Don't be surprised when you get a blank stare. She is probably so removed from the devastation caused by tobacco that she won't even flinch. She was a number cruncher and marketing data spewer. Probably never smoked... Good luck though. I would give her an earful. Shouldn't have to listen to that crap in college classes...
Ace the class first. Then let her have it after you officially receive your A. Copy me in on the email.
Wow.

Good luck. I had a hard enough time not punching my stats prof, and she was a sweetheart little old lady.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »

Quit on..

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »

Quit on..

NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »

Quit on..

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Quit on..

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »

Quit on..

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2014, 08:05:00 AM »

Quit on..
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 211
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2014, 05:28:00 AM »

Quit on..

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2014, 01:14:00 AM »

Quit on..
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2014, 01:00:00 AM »

Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline USMCray

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Wife,kids. And work work,work!!! And watching my cowboys,spurs,and rangers!!!
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2014, 03:58:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: sixercountry
Quote from: basshaug
Quote from: MN_Ben
Quote from: gmann
Congrats, KO
Nice work KO. Welcome to 2nd. Damn proud of you and glad to have you again today! You are my Top Shelf Accountabilibuddy!
Congrats bud. Glad to have you on the second floor, and thanks for always being there.
Welcome to the second floor KO! It gets even better...
Congrats KO!
congrats, awesome job.
Great job. Enjoy and keep it up!
You are a quit monster KO. So glad you're around!
Nice Jess...congratulations!
Nice
Congratulations KO. Thanks for being the definition of a badass quitter
Congrats on the 2nd floor.
Well done sir!!! Quit on!
Congratulations, well deserved and very well done.
Ko2h

Ok by me.

Congrats man, and keep up he badassdom.
You the man bud!!