• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: New
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard Cyman ate him. That's right, Cyman ate Hundy!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 10:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: CyMan
Hi. IÂ’m new to here and would just like to read up and possibly share stories and struggles. I have no clue what my quit group should be.
Great place to quit if you are committed.

Your group is here: topic/30602339/1/

Check out the Welcome Center for a lot of tips and tricks. Don't worry about screwing up roll, we have people in my group (June 2014) that still manage to screw it up a bit.

Raider
Welcome Cy. Like Raider said - Your next step is to post roll in the September quit group he linked above.

Roll is our way of promising each other that we will not have nicotine for the day. We post roll every day here. Our system is pretty simple. Wake up, post roll, and keep your word for the day. Then, the next day, do it all over again.

If you make that promise early - first thing every morning - and commit to making it every day, no matter what, then your chances of staying quit will go up exponentially.

Here's a video to help you understand how to post roll: Posting Roll on KTC Kill the Can

Drink lots of water and read around on the site. There's tons of quit information all over this place. After you post roll, you're free to post anywhere on the site and there are tons of things here to motivate, educate or distract you while you go through the tough times ahead. The first couple of days can be particularly rough, but trust me - it does get easier as time goes by.

Here's some links on the main site that will help you understand what you're going to be going through:

Here's How You Quit... Ball Is In Your Court Now
What To Expect When You Quit Dipping
Symptoms of Quitting Dip and Chew

It's not easy - but it is worth it. Get on over to September and post roll, now! Proud to quit with you today.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 01:01:00 AM »
Quote from: CyMan
Hi. IÂ’m new to here and would just like to read up and possibly share stories and struggles. I have no clue what my quit group should be.
Great place to quit if you are committed.

Your group is here: topic/30602339/1/

Check out the Welcome Center for a lot of tips and tricks. Don't worry about screwing up roll, we have people in my group (June 2014) that still manage to screw it up a bit.

Raider

Offline CyMan

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 24
New
« on: June 05, 2018, 10:33:00 PM »