Author Topic: life choice  (Read 5269 times)

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: life choice
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
sure is nice to see the site still works

if you are new...do LOOT a favor and read the post again. let it sink in, absorb it. dude broke it down very well. the question is...will YOU heed the advice? Your life may be riding on how you answer.

no pressure

LOOT - 1546...or so

For all you new quitters, use this group.  I got bumped today and 2 people called to check on me.  I didn't know I was bumped but I knew it before lunch.  Get active on this site, don't be afraid to post anywhere and everywhere, I am yet to be flamed or insulted here.  Meet some people and share your info.  I look at today as a fire drill, practice if the failure to post was a cave incident.  The guys here had my back.  If I just posted roll everyday, I'm sure that would have happened but the more you invest in your quit the more your brothers will invest in you. Until it happens to you, you may not see it.  I know my brothers and sister in Oct. 09 will kick my ass if I cave, and they should know the same will happen to them if they fail.  The quit is easy, except when it's not and after 40 days I'm seeing it as easier for longer periods than not.  I've went from constantly thinking about dip to now maybe 2x a day.  I've got my own guard up and now I know my brothers and sister are here for me.

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Ice Hockey
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
For all you new quitters, use this group. I got bumped today and 2 people called to check on me. I didn't know I was bumped but I knew it before lunch. Get active on this site, don't be afraid to post anywhere and everywhere, I am yet to be flamed or insulted here. Meet some people and share your info. I look at today as a fire drill, practice if the failure to post was a cave incident. The guys here had my back. If I just posted roll everyday, I'm sure that would have happened but the more you invest in your quit the more your brothers will invest in you. Until it happens to you, you may not see it. I know my brothers and sister in Oct. 09 will kick my ass if I cave, and they should know the same will happen to them if they fail. The quit is easy, except when it's not and after 40 days I'm seeing it as easier for longer periods than not. I've went from constantly thinking about dip to now maybe 2x a day. I've got my own guard up and now I know my brothers and sister are here for me.
Go Bucks! Quit Date: 12-23-2011

Offline Snoopy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Looking forward to staying nicotine free for myself, my wife, and my 2 terrific children. It's time for the new me, or as I saw posted elsewhere on the site, the old me to come back.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
Quote from: cdforecheck
When I started this quit thing nearly 4 weeks ago I was hoping to quit. I actually said that in my introduction. I was so naïve and quite frankly I was scared. I was scared of failure and withdraw. The fear was real but this site helped me overcome it, those of you who helped know who you are and I thank you. I now know I am an addict and just one more dip and my ninja dipping ways will return. My relationship with my wife and children is more open and honest than ever in our marriage. This ugly bear is gone, no longer do I have to say let’s take your car because mine is dirty; meaning I got a spitter in there. Coming face to face with the fact that I am an addict was easier than I thought, and while withdraw was hell, I survived. Now it is the mind that works on me. I will not allow my mind to convince, trick, or sucker me back into this shit. I don’t have to be quit forever, just for today, so the battle isn’t forever. I love the fact that now I can drive by my “dealer’s” place and think about pulling in (yeah, I still think about making that right turn) and resist the bitch. I looked at this quit thing as a hope or a dream, now it’s the only choice I have as an addict. To control my life I must make the conscious decision each and every day to not use, some days and times are more difficult than others but I have earned that difficulty by being an addict. The struggle is what makes me powerful; failure will make me weak and a slave to nicotine again. Thanks to kill the can and all of you who have helped me reach this point and looking forward to resisting the nic bitch and all of her wiles with you all.
Thanks for bringing it back into perspective 4 weeks out. I've been there before, and look forward to getting to celebrate 4 weeks out again and always keeping fresh on the mind how I got back to day 5.

Congrats cdforecheck and keep on adding to those 4 weeks!!

Jack

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
When I started this quit thing nearly 4 weeks ago I was hoping to quit. I actually said that in my introduction. I was so naïve and quite frankly I was scared. I was scared of failure and withdraw. The fear was real but this site helped me overcome it, those of you who helped know who you are and I thank you. I now know I am an addict and just one more dip and my ninja dipping ways will return. My relationship with my wife and children is more open and honest than ever in our marriage. This ugly bear is gone, no longer do I have to say let’s take your car because mine is dirty; meaning I got a spitter in there. Coming face to face with the fact that I am an addict was easier than I thought, and while withdraw was hell, I survived. Now it is the mind that works on me. I will not allow my mind to convince, trick, or sucker me back into this shit. I don’t have to be quit forever, just for today, so the battle isn’t forever. I love the fact that now I can drive by my “dealer’s” place and think about pulling in (yeah, I still think about making that right turn) and resist the bitch. I looked at this quit thing as a hope or a dream, now it’s the only choice I have as an addict. To control my life I must make the conscious decision each and every day to not use, some days and times are more difficult than others but I have earned that difficulty by being an addict. The struggle is what makes me powerful; failure will make me weak and a slave to nicotine again. Thanks to kill the can and all of you who have helped me reach this point and looking forward to resisting the nic bitch and all of her wiles with you all.

Offline raymwiii

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
Welcome brother,

I am happy to tell you that your obsession with chew will not last forever. I've been quit for six months and I can go days without even thinking about it. I also still get craves from time to time however. As time goes by things get more and more manageable.

Don't be wishy washy with this quit constantly hoping you can make it. Connect with a quit group here and give them your word daily that you won't use nicotine and then make good on your promise. Don't allow caving to ever be an option and you won't have to suffer anymore slavery to the can.

Tell everyone that means anything to you in your life that you are quitting. A secret quit is doomed from the beginning. An addict is never accountable to himself. If you do these things and are faithful to not put a dip in your mouth one day at a time, you will be able to successfully kick the habit like so many in our community.

You can do it.

Ray
Check out my new quit at Sugar Free Ray

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
Welcome. you have come to the right place. You can do this One day at a time!!! Get active and stay active on this site. It will save your life. I did that shit for over 30 years and have been quit for close to a year.

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
life choice
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
Never thought I could stop, let alone go three days. Looked online and found this place and hope it can help me succeed. Looking forward to when the constant thought of dip leaves my mind. (if it ever does)I was starting to dip 2 cans a day of the griz and just decided enough was enough. I started dipping in Grade 8 and am now 40, so 26-27 years of non-stop dipping? I ran out on Thursday night and just said to hell with it I am done with this crap. Here's hoping I am.