Author Topic: Day 1 to Forever  (Read 4189 times)

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
Re: Day 1 to Forever
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 06:37:33 PM »
@Quitter2019 CONGRATULATIONS on 90 days! Keep up the badass quit!  'lift'

Thank you @Ankape! PTQWY all ODAAT
Frequently between day 100 and 125 there is a rough patch - be ready. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine. Reach out if I can help.
Thanks Keith. I’ve been going through a little bit of a rough patch since around Day 80. Lots of Acid reflux issues and more craves than I’ve had since the first couple weeks of mu quit. Have to really watch my coffee consumption and cut back to not have issues now. Taking it ODAAT and things seem to have been improving again for the last few days

@Quitter2019, those rough patches come and go. Stay strong and reach out if you need. I’m at 301 and still have some bad days. I had some strong craves around the 150 mark too.  Holla if you need man. Digits are a pm away.
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Quitter2019

• Quitter
  • Interests: NASCAR, hunting, fishing, politics, working around the house
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 05:03:29 PM »

Frequently between day 100 and 125 there is a rough patch - be ready. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine. Reach out if I can help.
Thanks Keith. I’ve been going through a little bit of a rough patch since around Day 80. Lots of Acid reflux issues and more craves than I’ve had since the first couple weeks of mu quit. Have to really watch my coffee consumption and cut back to not have issues now. Taking it ODAAT and things seem to have been improving again for the last few days

Offline Rexmanning

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2020, 08:54:50 PM »
90 day dang. Nice work.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2020, 10:54:22 AM »

Jan19

Offline Quitter2019

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2020, 06:32:32 AM »

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2020, 05:45:37 AM »

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 06:55:34 AM »
@Quitter2019 That is awesome to hear and congratulations on 55 days. I remember those days all to well. I was a lurker at 55 and didn’t join until 78 days in. Like a goofball I thought I could go it alone then had my throat issues start and posted questions. Immediately the vets reached out and answered but also stated that to get the full benefit is to join. What a difference it had made not only for me but for the newbies that I am now helping. Ask all the questions you want because even the dumb questions need and answer. Post your complaint, your fuss, your whine or anything else you want as thats what its for. I am always been a no medication guy so why did I medicate myself for 30 plus years with nicotine? Who knows but yes this site has more to offer than any med that a doctor could prescribe to help you quit. If your feeling down can you call or text a bottle? When you hit a milestone can you call or text a bottle? No, thats why KTC is family to me as I was falling apart and when I reached out the help was there. When I hit milestones I blew up everybody's phone telling them. Remember this fight is personal and just like I told @Whatsupsnapper the other day we need to divorce this destructive witch from our lives. We will never win until that happens and that requires 110% effort on our part to quit and stay quit. Only you can quit, nobody can quit for you. It is by the grace of God that I am given 1 more chance to quit therefore this will be the only chance I will ever need. IQWYT, NAFAR and ODAAT are the mottos here and IQWYT. Stay strong, keep fighting, stay safe and God bless everybody.

I QUIT FOREVER 3/5/2020

Offline Quitter2019

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 02:28:38 AM »
Hard for me to believe that I’m starting day 55 today. It is like a drop in a bucket compared to the vets, but a couple months ago I wouldn’t have thought I would had a chance of staying quit that long. Without KTC and all of you I wouldn’t be. I haven’t been here long but already know that this site works better than any patch or supplement you can get. The more involved I have gotten in my group the easier my quit has became. Craves and the fog will come and go but I am proud to be quit with all of you today and EDD. NAFAR

Offline Quitter2019

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 02:53:08 AM »
Going on day 12 nicotine/tobacco free. Starting to feel pretty good and feel like I’m out of the fog for now. The first few days were hell, but I’ve been feeling better since around day 5 or 6. Been using fake dip and going for a run every couple days and it seems like it’s helped out so far.  I know there’s going to be ups and downs along the way forever probably, but I’m seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Glad that I have KTC. Posting roll is the only reason I didn’t cave the first few days. I couldn’t bring myself to break my promise to my fellow quitters even if they were strangers. Onward, ODAAT

Offline Quitter2019

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 07:39:39 AM »
Thanks Bug Guy! ODAAT. And congrats on hitting day 500 a couple of days ago!

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 01:23:24 AM »
You can't quit because of Rush Limbaugh.  You gotta quit because YOU want to.  It's a good launch point, I suppose but you need to put more "me" into your quit and be selfish about it.  Don't quit for your girl or your Grand Pappy.    Quit for YOU.  If you're not the #1 reason then your dead meat.  You can do it.  Just have to muster up some testicular fortitude!!!
Quit dipping this morning. 10 year, 1.5 can a day Copenhagen Wintergreen Long Cut user. I have quit and caved many times before, but I’ve decided that this time it is for good.
Welcome to KTC Quitter2019. Head over to August and post roll.
@Quitter2019 glad to see you post roll. Why didn’t you ever post roll when you registered a year ago? We wake up, piss, and post our promise first thing everyday to stay nicotine free. Then keep your word for the rest of the day. Repeat process the following day. Strongly suggest you exchange digits and make some relationships with fellow quitters. Your brothers/sisters will pay huge dividends in keeping you quit. Exchange digits only through personal messages and never on the forum or here in the Intro area. Focus ODAAT, one day at a time. We will worry about tomorrow when it gets here. You can do this and we are here to help. Reach out if I can help you.

I had went back and forth thinking of quitting while looking on the site, but never quite could make the choice to. I made a account but decided not to quit shortly after. I listen frequently to Rush Limbaugh and his Stage 4 Lung Cancer Diagnosis has popped in my mind a lot since then. I know he is a smoker and not a dipper, and quite a bite older than myself, but I’ve decided it’s not worth the risk. I do not frequent doctors very often at all and the thought of receiving a stage 4 diagnosis whenever you don’t even suspect it was worrying to me. Thanks for reaching out!
@Quitter2019 glad to see you post roll. Why didn’t you ever post roll when you registered a year ago? We wake up, piss, and post our promise first thing everyday to stay nicotine free. Then keep your word for the rest of the day. Repeat process the following day. Strongly suggest you exchange digits and make some relationships with fellow quitters. Your brothers/sisters will pay huge dividends in keeping you quit. Exchange digits only through personal messages and never on the forum or here in the Intro area. Focus ODAAT, one day at a time. We will worry about tomorrow when it gets here. You can do this and we are here to help. Reach out if I can help you.
I don’t think that Rush Limbaugh’s health will be affected either way, whether I quit or keep dipping. I quit for myself. I was just telling what led me to be more conscious of the negative affects. I think most people would have something in particular that would make them start focusing more on what you’re putting in your body. I’ve done pretty good so far, so I’ll reach out if I need your help.
Glad to see you on the August quit train. Keep posting roll EDD as soon as you wake up and you can't go wrong. As long as you focus on that day, and that day alone, it makes it easier to climb that mountain. We don't have to worry about tomorrow, day 100 or 500, it will eventually come. Until then, make today the best day to be quit!  PTBQWYTB
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:32:23 AM by Bug Guy »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Quitter2019

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 06:08:57 AM »
You can't quit because of Rush Limbaugh.  You gotta quit because YOU want to.  It's a good launch point, I suppose but you need to put more "me" into your quit and be selfish about it.  Don't quit for your girl or your Grand Pappy.    Quit for YOU.  If you're not the #1 reason then your dead meat.  You can do it.  Just have to muster up some testicular fortitude!!!

Quit dipping this morning. 10 year, 1.5 can a day Copenhagen Wintergreen Long Cut user. I have quit and caved many times before, but I’ve decided that this time it is for good.

I had went back and forth thinking of quitting while looking on the site, but never quite could make the choice to. I made a account but decided not to quit shortly after. I listen frequently to Rush Limbaugh and his Stage 4 Lung Cancer Diagnosis has popped in my mind a lot since then. I know he is a smoker and not a dipper, and quite a bite older than myself, but I’ve decided it’s not worth the risk. I do not frequent doctors very often at all and the thought of receiving a stage 4 diagnosis whenever you don’t even suspect it was worrying to me. Thanks for reaching out!
7940241#msg7940241 date=1589199428]
[/quote]
@diesel2112
I don’t think that Rush Limbaugh’s health will be affected either way, whether I quit or keep dipping. I quit for myself. I was just telling what led me to be more conscious of the negative affects. I think most people would have something in particular that would make them start focusing more on what you’re putting in your body. I’ve done pretty good so far, so I’ll reach out if I need your help.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:14:15 AM by Quitter2019 »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 03:22:05 AM »

7940241#msg7940241 date=1589199428]
[/quote]
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »

Glad to see you posted up! This is the best decision you could have made, I had a similar story of why I joined up. Anyway, glad you’re here, make sure you reach out and create that web of accountability with some writers throughout the forum, both new and vets, it makes a difference.
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Quitter2019

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »