Author Topic: My new beginning  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: My new beginning
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »
I welcome you also Dustin. Just like what @AppleJack  said you are an addict. I thought I had a 30 year habit but man was I wrong. I have an ADDICTION and the quicker you own up and admit you have your life will change.  We will always be addicts and will always have to fight it. Keep posting roll, get in a group chat and reach out to others for help. Throw a post up just to vent, thats what we are here for. But please stay the course, ASK FOR HELP, stay strong and God bless. You got this and IQWYT.
Day 117 and never going back!!!!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 10:17:56 AM »

I have kept my bad habit somewhat of a secret.

Welcome in!
It needs pointed out that your above statement is flawed. In order to truly be successful here you HAVE to come to know that it’s not a habit you’re dealing with... it’s an addiction. Nicotine is some nasty stuff. Give your addiction the weight it deserves and then give your quit the work it deserves... get involved and stay involved.

You got this.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 09:28:21 AM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dustin and I have struggled with dip for a very long time. Every since I was little I chewed on stuff and always had to have something in my mouth. Started dipping Copenhagen when I was 17 I think or there about and dipped till I got married 5 years later. Quit cold turkey and didn’t touch it for 10 years. I travel for work and those highways get boring, picked it back up 8 years ago and up until Tuesday of last week dipping a can a day.

So as of June 23rd 2020 I haven’t touched it.  My energy levels are much higher and I feel great. I know there will be temptations when I am back driving and just in our day to day but that’s why I am here.

I quit for me but my wife and two little boys push me everyday. I have kept my bad habit somewhat of a secret. However, I am ready for new beginnings and to put this behind me. Thank you and I am looking forward to the journey.

In Him,

Dustin

Welcome, Dustin. Glad you found KTC. You'll be in a great quit group with the September Slayers, a bunch of determined quitters just like you. Get in there, get to know some folks, and stay quit.
Matthew, aka GS9502 - 123 PTBQWY
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2015
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dustin and I have struggled with dip for a very long time. Every since I was little I chewed on stuff and always had to have something in my mouth. Started dipping Copenhagen when I was 17 I think or there about and dipped till I got married 5 years later. Quit cold turkey and didn’t touch it for 10 years. I travel for work and those highways get boring, picked it back up 8 years ago and up until Tuesday of last week dipping a can a day.

So as of June 23rd 2020 I haven’t touched it.  My energy levels are much higher and I feel great. I know there will be temptations when I am back driving and just in our day to day but that’s why I am here.

I quit for me but my wife and two little boys push me everyday. I have kept my bad habit somewhat of a secret. However, I am ready for new beginnings and to put this behind me. Thank you and I am looking forward to the journey.

In Him,

Dustin
@dsp97j  Welcome Dustin! You made a great decision to kick the can for good. Go ahead and post roll in the September group. Here at KTC we WUPP, or wakeup, piss, post. It is the most effective way to remain accountable to yourself and you group members every day. I, like yourself, had many quit attempts in the past. But today I'm on day 171 thanks to God first off, and second to this site. Glad you're here brother. I'll be PMing you my digits and expect yours in return so we can hold each other accountable. Hope to hear from you!
@dsp97j glad to see you on roll. Recommend you work to make a few relationships with fellow quitters on the site. Those relationships will pay huge dividends in hard times. Only exchange digits through personal messages and never on the forum or here in the Intro section. You can do this and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »

Hi Everyone,

In Him,

Dustin
@dsp97j  Welcome Dustin! You made a great decision to kick the can for good. Go ahead and post roll in the September group. Here at KTC we WUPP, or wakeup, piss, post. It is the most effective way to remain accountable to yourself and you group members every day. I, like yourself, had many quit attempts in the past. But today I'm on day 171 thanks to God first off, and second to this site. Glad you're here brother. I'll be PMing you my digits and expect yours in return so we can hold each other accountable. Hope to hear from you!
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline dsp97j

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 06/23/2020
  • Likes Given: 1
My new beginning
« on: June 28, 2020, 12:25:28 PM »

Hi Everyone,

In Him,

Dustin