Author Topic: New to the board  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: New to the board
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 06:49:00 AM »
Hey @Whatsupsnapper I went to bed feeling really worn out and woke up feeling really good. Coach newt is having reflux issues too thats why I started personally supporting him today. Read what the conductors have put in for july roll today. Share with people you know as I was a sleeper with a dip in and woke up gagging. I challenged June roll to share it and hope they do. Actually  I would read what ever roll is close to HOF as they do like to have fun with it. Ok, enough for now but this is where you could have a running story about your quit. Even just a weekly update as this is where the newbies and users get their inspiration. Have s great day and will be looking for your post.

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »
Hey does anybody know this guy? I do and wonder why he never posts anything. Go ahead and yell I am just having fun, lol. @Whatsupsnapper

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 02:28:44 PM »
I got a message, was told I was in Oct, so I posted in Oct today, I will delete and post in Sept

I appreciate that a lot, I kept looking at the different symptoms and I could not figure it out. Once I looked up silent reflux it described what I’ve been searching for

Thanks for the post and support!

Welcome @Whatsupsnapper, I am the guy that @GS9502 is talking about. Today is day 119 and my throat is slowing getting better. I wrote a post about it https://www.killthecan.org/does-smokeless-tobacco-really-affect-acid-reflux/.
Hope it helps as I now realize that I had silent reflux longer than I thought. Keep your strength up as it will be an uphill battle all the way. It took me 4 months of feeling like absolute garbage before I started to feel better. It is worth it to you and everybody else. Keep posting roll in morning and vent on here all you want. Thats what this site is for. Stay safe, stay strong, God bless you brother and IQWYT!!!
@Whatsupsnapper why are you not posting roll daily in your September 2020 group?
If your quit date is between May 25 and June 23 you are in September. Main thing is just make sure you wake up, piss and post your promise everyday.
Jan19

Offline Whatsupsnapper

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 11:14:49 AM »
I got a message, was told I was in Oct, so I posted in Oct today, I will delete and post in Sept

I appreciate that a lot, I kept looking at the different symptoms and I could not figure it out. Once I looked up silent reflux it described what I’ve been searching for

Welcome @Whatsupsnapper, I am the guy that @GS9502 is talking about. Today is day 119 and my throat is slowing getting better. I wrote a post about it https://www.killthecan.org/does-smokeless-tobacco-really-affect-acid-reflux/.
Hope it helps as I now realize that I had silent reflux longer than I thought. Keep your strength up as it will be an uphill battle all the way. It took me 4 months of feeling like absolute garbage before I started to feel better. It is worth it to you and everybody else. Keep posting roll in morning and vent on here all you want. Thats what this site is for. Stay safe, stay strong, God bless you brother and IQWYT!!!
@Whatsupsnapper why are you not posting roll daily in your September 2020 group?

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »

Jan19

Offline Whatsupsnapper

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 02:08:40 PM »

Offline DocPetey

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • BAQ WUPP ODAAT QLFKNA
  • Quit Date: 6/21/2018
  • Likes Given: 180
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 11:54:23 AM »
My quit day was June 10th, I had to confirm this by going back on text messages. I was driving home from a job 2hrs away from Denver(where I live) I had been so sick of the can I would buy them chew for about two mins and throw them out, on this day I had enough and threw the can out.

First week wasn’t that bad, I mean I was short fused and irritable but didn’t really go through to much. I had some niccorette lozenges so when edge came on I popped it, shortly I realized I was getting a raw mouth and gums and I attributed it to the lozenges, so I ditched them and within a week I was into it... panic attacks, depression, withdrawal etc.. I truly thought I was toast. I had crazy thoughts, could not sleep, was afraid to go to sleep...

Fast forward to a few days ago and I found this site. I truly had the biggest sigh of relief to realize many have gone through what I have. I needed to see this place. On day 20 I have what I am assuming(And hoping) is throat gunk, I am a little better but at the same time I’m not. This 20 days has been a helluva ride. Which not many understand, including some friends that just quit and claim they didn’t have many issues

Thanks for this place, it’s been a crazy time and without the stories I’d be a mess

Snapper
Welcome to KTC @Whatsupsnapper
We normally count the day we quit as our day one. With that in mind I have you at day 22. Nice job making it three weeks on your own.
I like this☝️post
Nothing in my life has helped me quit until I came in here and posted roll... that's it.. Hell, you don't even need to read anything in here... just fucking post roll... -Batdad
My intro   Interview
 HOF Write-up
Comma Club
How to post roll from an android

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 11:08:01 AM »
Welcome to KTC!
You made an awesome decision,  Snapper, one that you have thought you'd regret these past 20 days, but you stuck it out, and that's a big deal.
Throat gunk is very normal. A quitter from my group, the June Renegades of Quit, was having issues the majority of his quit, and he's over 100 days. Acid reflux is a common side effect of quitting. Just drink plenty of water!
You're right; finding this site is a blessing and a great way to stay quit. If you are 20 days in, you'll be with the September 2020 group - The September Slayers. They're a super bunch of people and are highly motivated to stay quit. Get on over there and post roll for today. Then come back and do it again tomorrow. We do our quits ODAAT here: One Day At A Time.
Hope to see you on that roll!
Stay hard, and stay quit!
@Whatsupsnapper  here is the link to freedom https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16478.0 . We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day, keep our promise for the day, and then repeat the following day like @GS9502 stated. Highly recommend you make connections with other quitters. Those relationships will pay huge dividends in tuff times but only exchange digits through personal messages and not on the forum or here in the Intro section. We all failed on our own. Use the site and fellow quitters as resources. You can do this and we are here to help. Shoot me a message if I can help.
Jan19

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:25:06 PM »
Welcome to KTC!
You made an awesome decision,  Snapper, one that you have thought you'd regret these past 20 days, but you stuck it out, and that's a big deal.
Throat gunk is very normal. A quitter from my group, the June Renegades of Quit, was having issues the majority of his quit, and he's over 100 days. Acid reflux is a common side effect of quitting. Just drink plenty of water!
You're right; finding this site is a blessing and a great way to stay quit. If you are 20 days in, you'll be with the September 2020 group - The September Slayers. They're a super bunch of people and are highly motivated to stay quit. Get on over there and post roll for today. Then come back and do it again tomorrow. We do our quits ODAAT here: One Day At A Time.
Hope to see you on that roll!
Stay hard, and stay quit!
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Whatsupsnapper

• Quitter
New to the board
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:58:34 PM »
My quit day was June 10th, I had to confirm this by going back on text messages. I was driving home from a job 2hrs away from Denver(where I live) I had been so sick of the can I would buy them chew for about two mins and throw them out, on this day I had enough and threw the can out.

First week wasn’t that bad, I mean I was short fused and irritable but didn’t really go through to much. I had some niccorette lozenges so when edge came on I popped it, shortly I realized I was getting a raw mouth and gums and I attributed it to the lozenges, so I ditched them and within a week I was into it... panic attacks, depression, withdrawal etc.. I truly thought I was toast. I had crazy thoughts, could not sleep, was afraid to go to sleep...

Fast forward to a few days ago and I found this site. I truly had the biggest sigh of relief to realize many have gone through what I have. I needed to see this place. On day 20 I have what I am assuming(And hoping) is throat gunk, I am a little better but at the same time I’m not. This 20 days has been a helluva ride. Which not many understand, including some friends that just quit and claim they didn’t have many issues

Thanks for this place, it’s been a crazy time and without the stories I’d be a mess

Snapper