Author Topic: Day 4...thankful I found this site  (Read 2625 times)

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
Re: Day 4...thankful I found this site
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 04:06:20 PM »
I still haven't used and I am still dip and nicotine free just didn't know how things are run here yet. I'll post tomorrow then. Its good to have the extra support and reading posts on here help because like many of people on this site  I have tried to quit on my own and failed before.  I'll be on roll call tomorrow.  Thanks for checking in

Welcome aboard @Dcskin Head on over to October and post your name, day count and promise. It is here          https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16602.0 We here are a no nicotine cold turkey group. They do allow something for anxiety/depression but no nicotine. This is the new member instructions for posting roll here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=579.0. You need to know that this site is about accountability. When you post your promise that is your word to your group for THAT day. We quit one day at a time or odaat. Don’t worry about tomorrow just work on today. Share your digits with your quit group and get some vets digits. But share them only thru a pm, not on the forum. There is a bit of a learning curve with the site just like your going to have a curve learning how to live without nicotine. It can be done and thats what we here do, we help each other thru. So make friends, share digits and be ready as your family will get bigger real fast. You want my digits pm me and their yours. After a 30 plus year addiction I am 140 days nicotine free and darn proud of it. So head over and post, read, read, read the site and you will be ready. Stay safe, stay strong and God bless.

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20
@Dcskin  was hoping to see you on roll this morning. Seems the the thought of having freedom from nicotine is larger than the desire to actually quit. Thefranks gave you the link to freedom. We wake up, piss and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day. Then keep your promise. Repeat the following day. The brother/sisterhood + accountability keeps us quit during the tuff times. We all failed on our own so it is nice to have a ton of resources and support to help with the process. When you truly want to quit and be free, come back. You can doo this and we are here to help.
Why wait? Lets start today.
You didn't put that dip off "until tomorrow," brother. No better time to kick the tires and light the fires on that quit than right now! Post up, my man, and truly commit to the quit.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2277
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 03:53:17 PM »
I still haven't used and I am still dip and nicotine free just didn't know how things are run here yet. I'll post tomorrow then. Its good to have the extra support and reading posts on here help because like many of people on this site  I have tried to quit on my own and failed before.  I'll be on roll call tomorrow.  Thanks for checking in

Welcome aboard @Dcskin Head on over to October and post your name, day count and promise. It is here          https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16602.0 We here are a no nicotine cold turkey group. They do allow something for anxiety/depression but no nicotine. This is the new member instructions for posting roll here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=579.0. You need to know that this site is about accountability. When you post your promise that is your word to your group for THAT day. We quit one day at a time or odaat. Don’t worry about tomorrow just work on today. Share your digits with your quit group and get some vets digits. But share them only thru a pm, not on the forum. There is a bit of a learning curve with the site just like your going to have a curve learning how to live without nicotine. It can be done and thats what we here do, we help each other thru. So make friends, share digits and be ready as your family will get bigger real fast. You want my digits pm me and their yours. After a 30 plus year addiction I am 140 days nicotine free and darn proud of it. So head over and post, read, read, read the site and you will be ready. Stay safe, stay strong and God bless.

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20
@Dcskin  was hoping to see you on roll this morning. Seems the the thought of having freedom from nicotine is larger than the desire to actually quit. Thefranks gave you the link to freedom. We wake up, piss and post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day. Then keep your promise. Repeat the following day. The brother/sisterhood + accountability keeps us quit during the tuff times. We all failed on our own so it is nice to have a ton of resources and support to help with the process. When you truly want to quit and be free, come back. You can doo this and we are here to help.
Why wait? Lets start today.
Jan19

Offline Dcskin

• Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 02:12:25 PM »

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2277
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 01:55:51 PM »

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20
Jan19

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 07:01:11 AM »

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20

Offline Dcskin

• Likes Given: 1
Day 4...thankful I found this site
« on: July 21, 2020, 11:24:52 PM »
The last time I dropped was Friday June 17th.  So today is day 4 without dip.  I've tried to quit in the past and never stuck and usually caved a week or so into it.  How do the roll calls work?