Author Topic: Day 5  (Read 3634 times)

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
Re: Day 5
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 09:10:48 AM »
Congrats on 2 Weeks @davehuebner !!! the first few weeks is fighting tooth a nail I know your hardship!!. love you comments in your group and seems like you got a good head on your shoulders. you asked about future stuff, but honestly take it ODDAT (One Day At A Time) until that sickness is gone. and than will talk about how your going to stay quit for a lifetime after that. My digits are in the PM and are always open to help should you need the support on day 567 when nicotine is clawing at your back and your on a ledge.
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 06:57:33 AM »
Hello,
My name is Dave and I am on my 5th day without a chew. I would never have thought that I would need a 'forum' to help me quit, but seeing all of the support and inspiration posted here is truly inspiring. I hope to be an active, contributing member, who is able to give as much as I'm able to receive.

Thank You,
your journey is just starting my friend, My advice: 1) be patient with yourself 2)understand it does suck for a little while 3) The days it feels like its unbearable make that choice the next day. 4) Drink water and exercise they are crucial 5) There is no siliver bullet your quit is your own and only you can be brave enough to overcome the struggle.

Gods speed, Nick-LTBE
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 07:40:23 PM »
Hello,
My name is Dave and I am on my 5th day without a chew. I would never have thought that I would need a 'forum' to help me quit, but seeing all of the support and inspiration posted here is truly inspiring. I hope to be an active, contributing member, who is able to give as much as I'm able to receive.

Thank You,

@davehuebner really glad to have you with us in the fight! Congrats on your 5 days you made it through what is likely the worst of the nights. Nights 1 2 and 3 were the worst for me with physical symptoms.

Looking forward to quitting with you tomorrow!

emoney

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 06:23:39 PM »
Welcome to KTC, @davehuebner. Follow this link to freedom; it's the November '21 quit group, and you'll be in good company. Read all you can read on this site to understand what's coming physically, mentally, and emotionally. It's a freaking roller coaster, for sure, but as you've already figured out, you'll get plenty of support and accountability from your brothers and sisters in quit.

Get in that group, meet your fellow quitters, and trade digits with them via private message (only!) as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. It's a level of accountability and a lifeline you truly can't stay quit without.

Glad you're here, bud, and I'm proud to be quit with you!
GS9502 - 537 nafar
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline grizzlyquittergreen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-3-2021
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 06:18:19 PM »
Hello,

Thank You,

Congrats and welcome Dave. Post roll in November 21, I’m in that group too

EDIT: Nevermind. You already nailed it
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 06:21:22 PM by grizzlyquittergreen »

Offline davehuebner

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 5
« on: August 17, 2021, 05:32:42 PM »
Hello,

Thank You,