Author Topic: Starting Over  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
Re: Starting Over
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 02:54:09 PM »
the anticipation I feel all day long for that afternoon dip is worse than getting it over with.

Oh man, had a serious flashback when reading this. That was me. Makes me so glad that I'm out of that loop. @ForGood! you can be out of the loop too! Good job taking the first step in doing so yesterday by posting up. Do that daily and before you know it that longing for the afternoon dip will be history. You got this brother! 592 PTBQWYT

Appreciate it!
Blog it out man - very therapeutic, surprisingly so. Reach out and get digits and make some contacts. This is a dark road at first and it's foolish to travel alone. Glad you're free - don't give up.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline ForGood!

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 12:10:32 PM »
the anticipation I feel all day long for that afternoon dip is worse than getting it over with.

Oh man, had a serious flashback when reading this. That was me. Makes me so glad that I'm out of that loop. @ForGood! you can be out of the loop too! Good job taking the first step in doing so yesterday by posting up. Do that daily and before you know it that longing for the afternoon dip will be history. You got this brother! 592 PTBQWYT

Appreciate it!

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »

INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline ForGood!

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 01:49:17 PM »
I've been a lurker here for a few weeks but wanted introduce myself and share a little background.

This is my 2nd round with quitting. I started using chewing tobacco at the age of 14 and transitioned to Copenhagen around 16. I continued to dip 1 to 1.5 cans a day until my late 20's when I went CD turkey and stayed quiet for a little over 10 years. Around 5 years ago I started again and quickly ramped back up to the same amount.

A few weeks ago I noticed a small bump in my mouth where I dip and had the normal freak out and promptly went to the dentist. He did not think it was cancer but wanted me back in 6 weeks for a check up.

That day I decided I needed to stop for good so I cut way back, only dipping in the evenings but the anticipation I feel all day long for that afternoon dip is worse than getting it over with.

So... today will be the first of the cold turkey trip!

Hoping being active here will help me stay the course.

@ForGood! Welcome aboard, we are here to help you. Head on over to the Novenmber group and post up day 1. This will be the group you post with each morning. Get to know the other quitters in there and exchange digits. You've been through this before, so you know what to expect. If you have any question ask, we all want this to be the last quit for all.

Thank you, I just checked in over there.

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »
I've been a lurker here for a few weeks but wanted introduce myself and share a little background.

This is my 2nd round with quitting. I started using chewing tobacco at the age of 14 and transitioned to Copenhagen around 16. I continued to dip 1 to 1.5 cans a day until my late 20's when I went CD turkey and stayed quiet for a little over 10 years. Around 5 years ago I started again and quickly ramped back up to the same amount.

A few weeks ago I noticed a small bump in my mouth where I dip and had the normal freak out and promptly went to the dentist. He did not think it was cancer but wanted me back in 6 weeks for a check up.

That day I decided I needed to stop for good so I cut way back, only dipping in the evenings but the anticipation I feel all day long for that afternoon dip is worse than getting it over with.

@ForGood! Welcome aboard, we are here to help you. Head on over to the Novenmber group and post up day 1. This will be the group you post with each morning. Get to know the other quitters in there and exchange digits. You've been through this before, so you know what to expect. If you have any question ask, we all want this to be the last quit for all.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline ForGood!

Starting Over
« on: August 21, 2021, 12:53:42 PM »