Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 88706 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #452 on: November 01, 2021, 06:13:35 PM »
How is the view brother? Congrats on hitting the 14th @Athan
By golly - the view is spectacular! 18 guests on the fence pondering, wondering, waiting. The ONLY difference between you and me is that I made the decision. You can too. Put that can down and reclaim your life. Going through withdrawals is a drag but not as big a drag as having all of your teeth pulled or esophageal cancer. The thing is, you only gotta go through the suck once. Then freedom is just lying in wait on the other side. We here, waiting to give you support along the way. You've nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Like big Chris says, "addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything".
Congratulations on the big 14th @Athan . Well done brother!
You ROCKKKKKkkk!!!!! 'lift'
Aw shucks FLLip, the only reason I made it this far is because vets like you and Chick paved the way, stuck around, and provided a context of quit. Hat's off to ya both!!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #451 on: November 01, 2021, 09:00:17 AM »
By golly - the view is spectacular! 18 guests on the fence pondering, wondering, waiting. The ONLY difference between you and me is that I made the decision. You can too. Put that can down and reclaim your life. Going through withdrawals is a drag but not as big a drag as having all of your teeth pulled or esophageal cancer. The thing is, you only gotta go through the suck once. Then freedom is just lying in wait on the other side. We here, waiting to give you support along the way. You've nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Like big Chris says, "addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything".
You ROCKKKKKkkk!!!!! 'lift'
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2021, 03:53:53 PM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #449 on: October 31, 2021, 03:36:16 PM »
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #448 on: October 31, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #447 on: October 23, 2021, 09:27:20 PM »
Younger brother just had ALL of his teeth removed. FU big tobacco.
Sorry to hear brother. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #446 on: October 23, 2021, 04:40:21 PM »
Younger brother just had ALL of his teeth removed. FU big tobacco.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #445 on: October 09, 2021, 06:57:02 PM »
Just replaced the wax ring on the downstairs commode. Sans nicotine of course. I figure I saved myself $75 for the plumber and $5 for the can of worm dirt for a grand total of $80. The way things are going lately I figure I'm gonna need to save every penny.

On a sad note, a co-worker is back smoking again. He was clean 6 months. Just reiterated to me that anyone can stop for a while. It's staying clean for the long haul that counts. Still here. Still clean. Still free. One Day At A Time.
I’ll be right here with you brother.
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #444 on: October 09, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »
Just replaced the wax ring on the downstairs commode. Sans nicotine of course. I figure I saved myself $75 for the plumber and $5 for the can of worm dirt for a grand total of $80. The way things are going lately I figure I'm gonna need to save every penny.

On a sad note, a co-worker is back smoking again. He was clean 6 months. Just reiterated to me that anyone can stop for a while. It's staying clean for the long haul that counts. Still here. Still clean. Still free. One Day At A Time.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: Pfizer recall on Chantix
« Reply #443 on: September 18, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
Pfizer issues recall of certain Chantix doses due to cancer risk. I've never heard of a recall of atomic fireballs or gum or cinnamon stix or fake chew. If you're on the ropes with anxiety during withdrawal, talk to your health care provider about your options.
You could always call or text a brother in quit and talk through it. It's free, it's effective, and it has worked every time I ever did it.
Having a great quit brother saved my sorry butt twice. I am not one to gloat but I have two other guys that I can say they called on me to help when they hit rock bottom. They are still quit also. Having a crew that you can text daily sets you up for SUCCESS not FAILURE!!! Wish more would do that very thing Athan. Thanks for being a huge part of many peoples quit.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Pfizer recall on Chantix
« Reply #442 on: September 18, 2021, 06:13:51 PM »
Pfizer issues recall of certain Chantix doses due to cancer risk. I've never heard of a recall of atomic fireballs or gum or cinnamon stix or fake chew. If you're on the ropes with anxiety during withdrawal, talk to your health care provider about your options.
You could always call or text a brother in quit and talk through it. It's free, it's effective, and it has worked every time I ever did it.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 970
Re: Just one...
« Reply #441 on: September 15, 2021, 12:48:08 AM »
#1.  Between the pressures of life and everything in between, I picked up that dip and thought I could just have one.  I was dead wrong.

From a dude returning after a 5 year hiatus. This is why I'm still here. I've had too many 'just one' thoughts even posting every day. If I pick up and 'move on' I'll be packing it in with in two months time. Guaranteed. Not now. Not today. Not for any reason.
There are too many to thank - but to all of you, those who came before me, those quitting with me, and those who quit after me - Thank-you for providing me a context within which to maintain my freedom.
I just got a QUIT stiffy...Thank you my friend!

:wood             :wood             :wood            :wood            :wood            :wood
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:49:43 AM by Skolvikings »
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
Re: Just one...
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2021, 07:17:00 PM »
#1.  Between the pressures of life and everything in between, I picked up that dip and thought I could just have one.  I was dead wrong.

From a dude returning after a 5 year hiatus. This is why I'm still here. I've had too many 'just one' thoughts even posting every day. If I pick up and 'move on' I'll be packing it in with in two months time. Guaranteed. Not now. Not today. Not for any reason.
There are too many to thank - but to all of you, those who came before me, those quitting with me, and those who quit after me - Thank-you for providing me a context within which to maintain my freedom.
I just got a QUIT stiffy...Thank you my friend!
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Just one...
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #438 on: August 26, 2021, 07:13:34 AM »
From @cdforecheck in his intro. Some other good gems in there.

I was bored so I did a little tinkering and found some interesting stuff.

According to recent studies, nicotine users who have stopped ingesting nicotine have a success rate of 23% for one year of abstinence and 14% for two years; these are the numbers for those using a support system. Alone, the success rate is dramatically lower, around 14% make it one year and 9% make it two years. Both studies, one by the Tobacco Health Related Disease Institute and the other through NIH notice little change in success rate following two years and both studies included only smokers and both stated that smokeless tobacco appears more difficult to quit long term. No other drug shows relapse rates this high, heroin comes the closest.

Who in the world would bet on any of us? A less than 1 in 4 chance to make one year and less than 1 in 10 to make it two alone?

How many people visited here one day, signed up, and have never been heard from again? About 85%, by using the member list have posted 0 to less than 100 times, excluding those joining before 100 days have passed.

We are the 15%ers. We will make it. A life without nicotine is possible, we found a support and hopefully we are using it. We are the ones that made it past the 30 day mark when most relapses occur. We have determined to change our lives. We are the ones not afraid to admit that we are weak and canÂ’t do it alone. We are stronger together because we understand how hard it is to fight this. We know ways to distract ourselves and have the vehicle to do it here, from chat to wildcard to posting. We are more powerful against nicotine than anyone of us ever were by ourselves. We are committed to benefiting ourselves and our families and helping perfect strangers to do the same. We hold ourselves accountable to multiple networks of support. We make life changes to avoid the triggers. We will do this, we will succeed, and our lives will be much better for it. We are the 15%ers. We are FREE.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer