Author Topic: Happy to Find KTC  (Read 840 times)

Offline niwot

• Quitter
  • Interests: Son in competitive soccer/ coaching. golf, outdoors with family. I am a tree lover, not a hugger.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Happy to Find KTC
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
Quote from: ust25yrdonor
Had to share this:

The hardest part of my quit so far has been work. I work from home and basically every second for the past 10 years when I've been at my computer I've had a dip in until quit day.

It's been a battle to concentrate, talk on the phone, run reports, anything ....

So I decided to change things up - let's gut the office, paint it, and rearrange the furniture so I'm not sitting in the exact same position I was during all those years of nicotine addiction.

While cleaning things out yesterday I found 7 - yes 7 - tins of my beloved Cope long cut. The oldest from 2004 and the youngest from March 08.

If this temptation wasn't bad enough ... I was also dealing with the unusual occurance of me being home all by myself ... a cave could have been done ... and no one would know.

What happened???? Called up my brother Guero from the August 09 class and made him listen to me flush all 7 tins down the toilet.

Quit for another day!
Great post- a dedicated quitter!!!!
There are 2 types of pain: the pain of DISCIPLINE and the pain of REGRET.

Offline ust25yrdonor

• Quitter
  • Interests: my incredible wife and 4 daughters (is that an "interest"?), Catholic apologetics, all things basketball, triathlons
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
Had to share this:

The hardest part of my quit so far has been work. I work from home and basically every second for the past 10 years when I've been at my computer I've had a dip in until quit day.

It's been a battle to concentrate, talk on the phone, run reports, anything ....

So I decided to change things up - let's gut the office, paint it, and rearrange the furniture so I'm not sitting in the exact same position I was during all those years of nicotine addiction.

While cleaning things out yesterday I found 7 - yes 7 - tins of my beloved Cope long cut. The oldest from 2004 and the youngest from March 08.

If this temptation wasn't bad enough ... I was also dealing with the unusual occurance of me being home all by myself ... a cave could have been done ... and no one would know.

What happened???? Called up my brother Guero from the August 09 class and made him listen to me flush all 7 tins down the toilet.

Quit for another day!
Quit Day Ash Wednesday 25 Feb 09
HOF - June 11, 2009
2nd floor - September 12, 2009
3rd floor - December 21, 2009
Hall of Fame Speech

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
Welcome. You have found the best place to quit and stay that way. All of the tools and support required can be found here. You can do this. We will help.

Your quit group is June 09... here ....

index.php?showtopic=2172

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quit Groups, What do they mean, by SOS

index.php?showtopic=88

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

If you need anything else, give me a shout.

Dave.

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
Welcome and congrats on a great decision! Let make this the final quit. If you need anything, let me know.
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Quote from: ust25yrdonor
25 years of donating to the "U.S. Tobacco Foundation" is enough!  25 years - Copenhagen mostly, about 5 tins per week recently.

Last year it really sank in that this was more than a habbit - this was drug addiction.  It's nicotine addiction .

Found a book called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. The basic premise is that smoking (chew) doesn't

help you concentrate
help you relax
help you relieve stress

Cope only appears to do these things because when you throw in the dip you are curing your nicotine withdrawal that you had going on since you spit out the last dip.  So the very thing that you think allows you to concentrate, relax, and relieve stress is doing the opposite.  It's CAUSING the lack of concentration, etc.

This is my second attempt to quit starting on Ash Wednesday.  I'm at day 9.  Last year I think I went about 80 days or so before I caved.  Last year I didn't have KTC.  I found this site today and with your guys' help - this is my last time quitting.
Welcome to the site. Get into your group and post roll every day. Use the site the way it is intended and you will beat that nasty habit.

How to post roll call
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline ust25yrdonor

• Quitter
  • Interests: my incredible wife and 4 daughters (is that an "interest"?), Catholic apologetics, all things basketball, triathlons
Happy to Find KTC
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
25 years of donating to the "U.S. Tobacco Foundation" is enough! 25 years - Copenhagen mostly, about 5 tins per week recently.

Last year it really sank in that this was more than a habbit - this was drug addiction. It's nicotine addiction .

Found a book called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. The basic premise is that smoking (chew) doesn't

help you concentrate
help you relax
help you relieve stress

Cope only appears to do these things because when you throw in the dip you are curing your nicotine withdrawal that you had going on since you spit out the last dip. So the very thing that you think allows you to concentrate, relax, and relieve stress is doing the opposite. It's CAUSING the lack of concentration, etc.

This is my second attempt to quit starting on Ash Wednesday. I'm at day 9. Last year I think I went about 80 days or so before I caved. Last year I didn't have KTC. I found this site today and with your guys' help - this is my last time quitting.
Quit Day Ash Wednesday 25 Feb 09
HOF - June 11, 2009
2nd floor - September 12, 2009
3rd floor - December 21, 2009
Hall of Fame Speech