Author Topic: IM QUITTING  (Read 1666 times)

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: IM QUITTING
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
Marcusn90...Where are you on posting roll every day?

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
Just keep your nose to the grindstone and a dip out of your worth. Simple as pie, right? Simple but not easy. You'll find out how much of a man you are whether you're 18 or 68. It'll test you in ways that nothing else can, but if you're the man that you want to be, you'll quit today. Then you'll wake up and quit tomorrow. Etc. etc. etc. Need help, reach out to the people on this site.

JZ
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
Oh dude. Some of my close buddies have crazy stories about the shit I was saying my first few weeks of quit. I was going off on a few things. :-). I can tell you one thing, you'll soon know if she loves you. Just kiddn. Sort of. But hey. It gets better very fast. And this my friend is true, tell her the real you is trying to get set free. Right now you are a poisoned slave to nicotine and not the person you were designed to be. You were never designed to be an addict. Take back your life dude. Its awesome.

Offline ScrewYouCope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football (The Cowboys), riding in the woods, hunting, and computers....
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Marcusn90
Thanks for all of the support guys.  So far, so good.  My main problem at this point is being short tempered.  Hopefully this goes away soon because my poor fiance has to put up with me.
Hey Marcus,

I know many of us here, including myself raged quite a bit at the beginning of our quits. I had to make a conscious effort not to take this rage out on my wife and children. I'm not sure if you found Live Chat yet, but it's a great place to go and vent rage. I dropped my fair share of f-bombs in there in the first few days! Everyone in there will listen and rage with you!
QD 11/18/13

"Yes you can stay quit. Forever. But make your practice 1 day at a time.."-wise words I read from TCOPE

"Nicotine fills no voids in your life. It creates them."...Diesel2112

Offline Marcusn90

• BANNED
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Hey Marcus, I'm glad to read that you're really taking this bull (or bitch) by the horns and going at this with an all-in attitude.  And for someone on the age-side closer to 20 than 30, this is an impressive attitude.  I'll be honest with you though, I've only been quit for 25 days as of this writing, and have seen many a sub-30 fall to the crave.  Others have made comments about the lack of will for the sub-30 age group and we question their ability to be a badass quitter.  I really liked your intro and do not want to see this happen to you.  I find that every piece of ammo I can get to combat the addiction of nicotine and the enslavement dip had on my life is helpful in my day to day battle.  Examples of ammo I use is my daily roll post, another is looking into the eyes of my kids and holding my promise, another is the fear of the unknown that could kill me, and another is the 25 days I've successfully quit and refusal to go back to day 1.  The one piece of ammo I would give to you is to not be just another sub-30 caver.  Don't be that guy.  Be the one who proves the numbers wrong.  Be the anomaly, be the stud, be the badass quitter at 23, one who is just as badass as a 40+ quitter with 365 days+ to his resume.  Be THAT guy.  …and I'll gladly do this with you ODAAT.
You are correct steakbomb. The younger a person is the percentage is lower. I read that only 3% younger than 25 quit and never use again. I really like to see young guys like marcus take there life back. At 23 I never even gave quitting a thought. I'll bet that this site has most of that 3%.

When you really look at the glass half full 3% is a great number. That means that you can and will do this marcus. All you have to do is just what my 45 year old self did. Use determination, drive and the accountability that this site offers. Read up and gain the knowledge that is necessary to stay quit one day at a time. Great to be quit with ya'll today.
Ill proudly join the 3%.

Offline Marcusn90

• BANNED
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »
Hey Marcus, I'm glad to read that you're really taking this bull (or bitch) by the horns and going at this with an all-in attitude. And for someone on the age-side closer to 20 than 30, this is an impressive attitude. I'll be honest with you though, I've only been quit for 25 days as of this writing, and have seen many a sub-30 fall to the crave. Others have made comments about the lack of will for the sub-30 age group and we question their ability to be a badass quitter. I really liked your intro and do not want to see this happen to you. I find that every piece of ammo I can get to combat the addiction of nicotine and the enslavement dip had on my life is helpful in my day to day battle. Examples of ammo I use is my daily roll post, another is looking into the eyes of my kids and holding my promise, another is the fear of the unknown that could kill me, and another is the 25 days I've successfully quit and refusal to go back to day 1. The one piece of ammo I would give to you is to not be just another sub-30 caver. Don't be that guy. Be the one who proves the numbers wrong. Be the anomaly, be the stud, be the badass quitter at 23, one who is just as badass as a 40+ quitter with 365 days+ to his resume. Be THAT guy. Â…and I'll gladly do this with you ODAAT.
I didnt realize younger guys were less likely to attempt quitting and less likely to succeed at quitting. Even more motivation to quit and stay quit. Thanks!

Offline Marcusn90

• BANNED
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the support guys. So far, so good. My main problem at this point is being short tempered. Hopefully this goes away soon because my poor fiance has to put up with me.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
Hey Marcus, I'm glad to read that you're really taking this bull (or bitch) by the horns and going at this with an all-in attitude. And for someone on the age-side closer to 20 than 30, this is an impressive attitude. I'll be honest with you though, I've only been quit for 25 days as of this writing, and have seen many a sub-30 fall to the crave. Others have made comments about the lack of will for the sub-30 age group and we question their ability to be a badass quitter. I really liked your intro and do not want to see this happen to you. I find that every piece of ammo I can get to combat the addiction of nicotine and the enslavement dip had on my life is helpful in my day to day battle. Examples of ammo I use is my daily roll post, another is looking into the eyes of my kids and holding my promise, another is the fear of the unknown that could kill me, and another is the 25 days I've successfully quit and refusal to go back to day 1. The one piece of ammo I would give to you is to not be just another sub-30 caver. Don't be that guy. Be the one who proves the numbers wrong. Be the anomaly, be the stud, be the badass quitter at 23, one who is just as badass as a 40+ quitter with 365 days+ to his resume. Be THAT guy. Â…and I'll gladly do this with you ODAAT.
You are correct steakbomb. The younger a person is the percentage is lower. I read that only 3% younger than 25 quit and never use again. I really like to see young guys like marcus take there life back. At 23 I never even gave quitting a thought. I'll bet that this site has most of that 3%.

When you really look at the glass half full 3% is a great number. That means that you can and will do this marcus. All you have to do is just what my 45 year old self did. Use determination, drive and the accountability that this site offers. Read up and gain the knowledge that is necessary to stay quit one day at a time. Great to be quit with ya'll today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 04:56:00 AM »
Great job Marcus. Biggest step is Day 1. Post roll today, don't use nicotine all day, make it to bed time, wake up and repeat but add a +1 to your name. That's how it works. Do it like that and you'll never need to repeat day 1 ever again bro. Because you'll be a quitter like the rest of us.

Offline jaradm

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8/27/18
  • Interests: Family, hunting & fishing.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
Welcome Marcus! I'm on day 4 and I am quitting with you! Let's get it!!
I want to inspire others! I quit with you today!

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
One hell of a job Marcus. Toss all that shit and anythin that went with it in the garbage and quit. Great man. Stay involved in the site and stay involved in your quit. You have got this man. Welcome. I'll be quit with you today. An if you happen to have an iphone then PM me your number and get in our little text roll support group. Let me know man. Either way stay quit.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Hi Marcus. Welcome. I am also in April 2014. You found a great place to help you. Read the information here and stay strong. It gets tough but you need to be tougher.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »
I like seeing someone that doesn't bitch about not having time to post roll. We always had time to dip, didn't we! Quit today! I've had 644 successful quits in a row.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
Very nice Marcus. Way to post roll. Great intro. Know what you are fighting for and why. Stay on this site and read, post, let us help you by keeping us informed.

Mogul