Author Topic: 12 hrs down!!  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 12 hrs down!!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
Roughly 28,000 days in an average life

You dipped for 5475 of them.

How many chances do you think you have left?

The time is later than you think.

Waiting for some future date to quit is simply an excuse to keep using in the present.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
'bang head' slave to her.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
WTF is going on everyone wanted to quit someday. Today is the ONLY day you can quit. I'll bet we never see you again. Prove me wrong!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
8% of New Year's resolutions are successful. Good plan, Stan.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
I am going to quit on New Year's day too...plus every day up until then.

You come back her once you strap on a pair and quit with us.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
Quote from: pick
hey yall my name is pick i have been dipping for 15years!and i quit cold turkey a few years ago.That lasted 10 weeks and i was back or relapsed and still dipping till this day!!i am planning to quit on new years and will be needing some support,i kicked the can once and felt truly misserable for 10 wks.The whole time i was an Ass to my wife and friends never thought i would have so much trouble with it but there was no support system last time so i gave in hopefully it will be a sucess this time!!i dont want to loose my face i get sores and have torn my gums when i brush my teeth its time!!hope you all have better luck than i did last time and will let yall know when the big day is here come on new years,done commited to that date so we will see later
Hey pick. You have one thing that is not going to go your way. A quit day far in the future. I did pick a day to quit but it was about a week out not a whole month or never... You talk about having sores and not wanting to lose your face but at the same time you are willing to wait to quit? REALLY?

If you will read on here at the site you will figure out that we have had more than luck here, and don't really depend on luck at all, so get going, dump your dip down the toilet and post roll tomorrow assuming you have a big wad in right now!

That is unless you want to secretly get cancer and leave your family and friends behind. Its your choice!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
hopefully it will be a sucess this time!!i dont want to loose my face i get sores and have torn my gums when i brush my teeth its time!!hope you all have better luck than i did last time and will let yall know when the big day is here come on new years,done commited to that date so we will see later
#1 You keep hoping, and we'll keep quitting!
#2 Here's something for you to check out. http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures ... -pictures/ Now how do those gums feel?
#3 No luck keeping us quit, we are using this site, determination, drive and accountability. I wish YOU better LUCK!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline xuswimmer13

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
hey yall my name is pick i have been dipping for 15years!and i quit cold turkey a few years ago.That lasted 10 weeks and i was back or relapsed and still dipping till this day!!i am planning to quit on new years and will be needing some support,i kicked the can once and felt truly misserable for 10 wks.The whole time i was an Ass to my wife and friends never thought i would have so much trouble with it but there was no support system last time so i gave in hopefully it will be a sucess this time!!i dont want to loose my face i get sores and have torn my gums when i brush my teeth its time!!hope you all have better luck than i did last time and will let yall know when the big day is here come on new years,done commited to that date so we will see later
Pick-

I have been there I had set atleast 50 "I'm quitting on this date" ultimatums including new Years Resolutions.

You know hat happened with all of those attempts... surprise they failed miserably.

This time I decided to quit 8 days ago in the middle of a dip while stressed out at work.

If you are ready to quit and truly ready to put in the time and effort to to go through withdrawal and all the craves, then you quit today.

Everyday you say i'm quitting on 1/1 and put more dip in is you telling your mind and the nic bitch that you are not serious about this quit.

Lets go quit today. Ill give you my number and we will get though this first day. Then we will get back up and ODAAT tomorrow for Day 2. It wont just be me it will be an army of brothers here who will do whatever it takes to help you quit today and everyday but only if you want it and want it now/.
Quit Date- 11/26/13
HOF- 3/5/14
2nd Floor- 6/13/14
3rd floor 9/21/14
365- 11/25/14
4th Floor- 12/30/14
500- 4/9/15
6th Floor- 7/18/15
7th Floor- 10/25/15
2 YEARS- 11/24/15
8th Floor- 2/2/16
9th Floor- 5/12/16

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:35:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Why are you going to wait until Jan 1st to quit?
Pick, I heard you say:
I've been fucking the nic bitch for 15 years and now I want my money back.
I think I might want to be quit, maybe. My stoppage last time lasted 10 weeks and I want another stoppage.
I really want to quit but my balls are not big enuff.
I'm depending on luck to not to get the cancer in my mouth, tongue and throat. Maybe I will be lucky, maybe.
I'm not an addict, I just like putting the poison in my system to see what happens.

Pick, flush all of your stash of poison. Look in the mirror and join the rest of us nicotine addicts.
It is your "choice" Today!
You too can be quit like us, but you have to reeeeaaalllllyyyy want it.
We quit ODAAT..that is One day at a time. One minute at a time if need be. We don't cave, we promise each morning not to use for today and we keep our word all damn day. Then, we get to bed, wake and repeat.
Does this interest You?
Flush it all, find your balls and let's be quit Now, just for Today.
Tomorrow is not real, we don't do the past, Today is a gift, that's why it is called "The Present".
Cheers.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »
Why are you going to wait until Jan 1st to quit?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline pick

• Interests: fishing,golf,watching the saints kick ass!!WHO DAT!!
12 hrs down!!
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:38:00 AM »