Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Day 1
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: ceslick1
Thanks for the support guys. going into day 3 and feeling pretty damn good. last night and this morning have been by far the hardest part. ive been having a lot more intense cravings than the first 2 days. i bought some smokey moutain herbal snuff to help with the oral fixation.
Buckle up tight today and tomorrow, then the worst is over!
You got this. Keys to success, post roll every morning first thing, that's your promise for the day. Repeat. Well done

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
Thanks for the support guys. going into day 3 and feeling pretty damn good. last night and this morning have been by far the hardest part. ive been having a lot more intense cravings than the first 2 days. i bought some smokey moutain herbal snuff to help with the oral fixation.
Buckle up tight today and tomorrow, then the worst is over!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline ceslick1

• Quit Date: 2018-05-15
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »
Today is the day. i am finished doing this to my self and my family. used on and off for 10 years. i work in 2 industries that glorfiy chewing the military and consturction. i have hid my addiction for the past 4 years and enough is enough. i started my quit 4 days ago seeing how long i could last without a chew. first day i made 8 hours next day 20 hours and now i have a taken my last dip ever today. i am hoping posting here will keep me accountable. ...
Posting roll does keep you accountable, but you have to post roll first! The system works,
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »
Here is a link to your August quit group. That's where you will make your daily promise to not use nicotine in any form. That's also where you will meet your quit brothers and sisters who have quit at around the same time you have, and are going through the same things you are.

Posting roll, and the camaraderie you form with those in your quit group are the backbone of this site. There have been many times that I wanted to cave, and I remembered my daily promise. The last thing I wanted to do is let down my quit group. It sounds strange - making a promise to a group of internet strangers. But it works.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-16
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »
Good job bro. Go post up in your HoF group and start BSing with your future brothers in quit.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:43:00 PM »
INVICTUS (William Earnest Henley)

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

You, ceslick1, you are the captain of your soul. You post with August. See you in the hall....
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline ceslick1

• Quit Date: 2018-05-15
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 1
« on: May 15, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
Today is the day. i am finished doing this to my self and my family. used on and off for 10 years. i work in 2 industries that glorfiy chewing the military and consturction. i have hid my addiction for the past 4 years and enough is enough. i started my quit 4 days ago seeing how long i could last without a chew. first day i made 8 hours next day 20 hours and now i have a taken my last dip ever today. i am hoping posting here will keep me accountable. ...