Author Topic: Here it goes  (Read 1676 times)

Offline FreeFromCope

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here it goes
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Quote from: FreeFromCope
This is my story. I am 26 years old and I have been dipping for only a year and have been pretty closed about it. I started dipping when I got a new job in the oil and gas industry as it is very common. I started with Snus and finally found my flavor with Wintergreen Copenhagen. Not many people know I dip and my fiance thought it was only a once in a few days kind of thing for me. She didn't know that I am totally addicted to it and it absolutely controls my everyday life. I picked up a tin to pack a lip 6 days ago and asked myself "Why am I doing this? It doesn't do anything for me and it is a disgusting habit". So I made the decision right then and there to quit. I am currently on Day 6. I have been lingering around the site for a few days and this is the first post I have made. I have been doing fine on my own but I realized I probably need help with staying quit and here I am reaching out to all of you. I don't want this in my life anymore. I don't want to be controlled by the nicotine and I don't want to keep constantly wondering when I will be able to get my next fix. Therefore I have made the decision to take back control of my life and get rid of this nasty habit. I look forward to staying quit with everyone on here.
Hey, FreeFromCope, welcome to KTC!

Congratulations on your quit! One of the biggest decisions you'll ever make.

Please Note: We quit cold turkey here, meaning no nic patches, gum or tobacco products.

The central part of our program and success is posting roll call every day.
Head on over to the WELCOME CENTER (link in red at the upper left of your screen) and read all about posting roll. Then go to the August 2012 group and get started. Don't worry about making a mistake when you post roll. Someone will fix it for you and you'll get the hang of it quickly.

Also read everything you can under this link: KillTheCan.org.
Information is power when it comes to quitting.

The initial days of quitting suck, but your life is worth the fight!!
If you need anything else, just shout.

Thanks for the feedback. I have posted roll today and will continue to post roll everyday from here on out. I am not using any nicotine only seeds to get me through. It has been tough but I know I can fight it and win.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
This is my story. I am 26 years old and I have been dipping for only a year and have been pretty closed about it. I started dipping when I got a new job in the oil and gas industry as it is very common. I started with Snus and finally found my flavor with Wintergreen Copenhagen. Not many people know I dip and my fiance thought it was only a once in a few days kind of thing for me. She didn't know that I am totally addicted to it and it absolutely controls my everyday life. I picked up a tin to pack a lip 6 days ago and asked myself "Why am I doing this? It doesn't do anything for me and it is a disgusting habit". So I made the decision right then and there to quit. I am currently on Day 6. I have been lingering around the site for a few days and this is the first post I have made. I have been doing fine on my own but I realized I probably need help with staying quit and here I am reaching out to all of you. I don't want this in my life anymore. I don't want to be controlled by the nicotine and I don't want to keep constantly wondering when I will be able to get my next fix. Therefore I have made the decision to take back control of my life and get rid of this nasty habit. I look forward to staying quit with everyone on here.
Hey, FreeFromCope, welcome to KTC!

Congratulations on your quit! One of the biggest decisions you'll ever make.

Please Note: We quit cold turkey here, meaning no nic patches, gum or tobacco products.

The central part of our program and success is posting roll call every day.
Head on over to the WELCOME CENTER (link in red at the upper left of your screen) and read all about posting roll. Then go to the August 2012 group and get started. Don't worry about making a mistake when you post roll. Someone will fix it for you and you'll get the hang of it quickly.

Also read everything you can under this link: KillTheCan.org.
Information is power when it comes to quitting.

The initial days of quitting suck, but your life is worth the fight!!
If you need anything else, just shout.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
Good choice!

Have you posted roll in August yet?

Post roll every morning and repeat daily!

Sounds simple right?

These are the first steps, you will also want to check out the welcome center and read alot of whats comming your way and what to look forward to!

I look forward to watching you beat this crap out of your system!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline ntartick

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church & Bowling
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
Great decision, to quit and be on this site. I invite you to check out the welcome center and find out how to post roll. Posting roll is a big proponent of the success of this site. If you need any help just shoot me a PM.
Never forget the past or you will be doomed to relive your mistakes.

Offline FreeFromCope

• Quitter
Here it goes
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »