• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I Quit
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: YoYo-
I can't tell you guys how much this means to me. I go back several times a day and read this thread to get great advice and keep me hanging on. I've felt fantastic talking with my wife. I don't lie to her about chewing anymore and that's the best I've felt in years.
I think she might be coming around to this site. We took a long walk the other day and I explained everything about it in detail and what this is about. Yesterday morning she even asked if I "checked in."
Today is day 10, double digits!!! I'm super jacked about it. I'll be around a buddy of mine for a while today that chews and I won't let it get to me, not a chance.
I've been kind of using this as a journal, hope u guys don't mind.

Thanks, YoYo-
I love reading winning stories.

10 days is bad ass. One day at a time you are earning your freedom back. No more hiding. No more lying. No more shame. Freedom.

Enjoy!
This is excellent man! Your taste of freedom right now is just a hint of what it will blossom into. Enjoy every bit of this... it's you healing.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 09:17:00 AM »
I can't tell you guys how much this means to me. I go back several times a day and read this thread to get great advice and keep me hanging on. I've felt fantastic talking with my wife. I don't lie to her about chewing anymore and that's the best I've felt in years.
I think she might be coming around to this site. We took a long walk the other day and I explained everything about it in detail and what this is about. Yesterday morning she even asked if I "checked in."
Today is day 10, double digits!!! I'm super jacked about it. I'll be around a buddy of mine for a while today that chews and I won't let it get to me, not a chance.

Thanks, YoYo-
I love reading winning stories.

10 days is bad ass. One day at a time you are earning your freedom back. No more hiding. No more lying. No more shame. Freedom.

Enjoy!

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-31
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 08:47:00 AM »

Thanks, YoYo-
Trying to earn my wife's trust One Day At A Time

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 07:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Yo!

That was a great intro and I felt like I was looking in a mirror having read that. There was one theme that just kept resonating with me as I read it; SLAVE. Shit, that nicotine bitch had you by the balls. She EFF'ed with your marriage and made you finger bang her to the likes of 2 cans per day. You were her complete and utter bitch.

Do yourself a favor, let that sink in for a second. Nicotine made you her bitch and almost took everything away from you. Everything. Never forget that.

I was a bitch too, and just as much of one as you were. But, now I'm free. 900+ days free and man, let me tell you - its still invigorating and brings me complete and resolute joy. You hear what I'm saying, being and FEELING free from addiction is exhilarating. Nothing beats this. I've gained a plethora of friends, lifelong bonds, from jumping in head first. The ROI on quitting is so ridiculous, you only wish your portfolio would perform 1% as well. Reason I share all this is because I want this for you...for you to feel and experience what I have.

Heed the advice of those before me - we've all been there - get to the point where you want this more than anything you've ever fought for. Cuz if you don't, that bitch will take it all away.

^^^ this message is spot on. I hope you read it over and over

What you are feeling today is not the new normal. It is withdrawal from a drug, a chopped up plant in a can, that does nothing but take from you. Freedom from this has to be earned. But it is soooo worth it.

Directly above Steak's message is a reach out from another bad ass new quitter. I hope the 2 of you exchange numbers. The friendships steak describes are real, and the Accountabilty you will feel to these dudes cannot be put into words.

Applejack and I could ninja dip and hide cans with the best of them. We both have over 3 years of freedom under our belts. I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything. Neither wild he. And neither will you.

Offline KillTheCamel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-06-06
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »
Quit with you today YoYo.
I serve a Big God who has blessed me beyond measure.. He has shown me more grace than anyone deserves, if I look good or right it is only him in me..

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
Yo!

That was a great intro and I felt like I was looking in a mirror having read that. There was one theme that just kept resonating with me as I read it; SLAVE. Shit, that nicotine bitch had you by the balls. She EFF'ed with your marriage and made you finger bang her to the likes of 2 cans per day. You were her complete and utter bitch.

Do yourself a favor, let that sink in for a second. Nicotine made you her bitch and almost took everything away from you. Everything. Never forget that.

I was a bitch too, and just as much of one as you were. But, now I'm free. 900+ days free and man, let me tell you - its still invigorating and brings me complete and resolute joy. You hear what I'm saying, being and FEELING free from addiction is exhilarating. Nothing beats this. I've gained a plethora of friends, lifelong bonds, from jumping in head first. The ROI on quitting is so ridiculous, you only wish your portfolio would perform 1% as well. Reason I share all this is because I want this for you...for you to feel and experience what I have.

Heed the advice of those before me - we've all been there - get to the point where you want this more than anything you've ever fought for. Cuz if you don't, that bitch will take it all away.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »
Hey brother.....

Glad to see you finally got smart, but like the others said, you have to quit for you....quitting for anyone else just won't work. Can't add too much to this other than to say it's going to take some time (I mean SEVERAL WEEKS) for you to begin feeling "normal"....Over the years you've been on a nicotine drip potent enough to kill a small mammal on a daily basis, your brain added millions of dopamine receptors (the "pleasure points" in your nugget that give you that "ahhhhh" sensation when bathed in nicotine). Now that you've effectively cut off the supply, those little bastards are dying hideous, horrible deaths up inside your gray matter. That is what triggers the anxious, nervous, "if I don't get a dip soon I'm going to explode" feelings. Recognize it, and them, for what they are.....symptoms of HEALING. Yes it sucks, but it won't actually kill you. Get through this by following the protocol countless thousands of others have followed..... Wake up, Piss, Post. Honor your word you won't use nicotine in any form today, then repeat in the morning. Stack these moments together, and you WILL be quit. It works, but you have to work it.

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 07:52:00 AM »
Yesterday was a rough one. Got by though and feel better about today

Offline jswiss11

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-08 00:24:00
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
YoYo - welcome to the Suck (as they say). it was the absolute worst for me, but in the end strengthens your resolve to stay quit, because Lord knows I don't want to keep going through that. go get some sunflower seeds - they help keep my mouth busy (no homo).

as for your wife - she's at the end of the road it sounds like. I too, quit for my Wife, but also for me. the day I quit was the day like any other that I let her down by craving and caving, but the hurt i saw in her eyes was enough to say enough.

good luck on your quit bro. just for today.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: Thumblewort
I "quit" for my wife and kids 30-40 times over 17 years. I only quit once for myself. Big difference.
^^ good advice and comments there and I could have written that same intro.

Have you told your wife about KTC? I am guessing you have not, and she doesn't know how bad it is, and how hard it is to quit.
Come clean, show her the site, have her read spousal-support
Also, I know our responses weren't the mouth-hug you were hoping for... However, we can help, have you posted roll yet?
Well these comments are the gut punch I needed. I told my wife about this site and didn't get much reaction from her about it. Today has been a bad one for me but I'm fighting through it. The first hour of work was okay but the last hour has been horrible. My brain is just dying for some nicotine. I've gone through a quarter pack of trident so far.
read the Tom and Jenny Kern story. Google some pictures of oral cancer caused by tobacco. Print and cut one out and keep it in your wallet.. Mine has been in there for 292 days.

You WILL make it through this suck. Just remember it. If you go back now your suck will be WORSE.

Wife dint give you a reaction because you haven't built up any trust with her. Trust and respect must be EARNED bro. She will come around, and so will your fellow KTC brothers and sisters. You can do this. Well be posting with you every damn day.

Let people at work know you are quit, that may help. My digits are a PM away, JB

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 08:47:00 AM »
I "quit" for my wife and kids 30-40 times over 17 years. I only quit once for myself. Big difference.

Have you told your wife about KTC? I am guessing you have not, and she doesn't know how bad it is, and how hard it is to quit.
Also, I know our responses weren't the mouth-hug you were hoping for... However, we can help, have you posted roll yet?
Well these comments are the gut punch I needed. I told my wife about this site and didn't get much reaction from her about it. Today has been a bad one for me but I'm fighting through it. The first hour of work was okay but the last hour has been horrible. My brain is just dying for some nicotine. I've gone through a quarter pack of trident so far.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »

He did.

I saw that roll post, man. Way to man up! Let me tell you this one very important thing... get involved and stay involved. It works. Ask me how I know.

AJ... 1,143 days ----- that's how I know.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:01:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 01:49:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.