Author Topic: I Quit  (Read 2422 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I Quit
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
Damn. I could have written that 3 years ago. My wife was no fool either and caught me sooo many times. My lies were shit too... just pure shit!

Couple things to point out man... I don't doubt your resolve to quit.

At least right now.

When the wife is on the warpath and the heat is on it's very easy to come to this decision. Hell... I did it a hundred times. Yet... when it all blows over it's far too easy to lapse. What I'm saying is... do NOT do this for her. In any way. YOU have to want this, be jealous for it, and make it all about you. Do away with the lying, the hiding, the shame... all that stuff that makes you less.

Do this for you. It's about freedom.

It's pretty damn cool.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: I Quit
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:03:00 AM »
I hate to break it to you YoYo, but you can't quit for your wife or your marriage. You can only quit for yourself. It won't work any other way.

Spend some time reading the links that are posted near the top of September's roll page.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-31
  • Likes Given: 0
I Quit
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
Hi guys and gals. Long time chewer and getting on the wagon. My addiction started 10 or 11 years ago when my then girlfriend, now wife said hey its time to quit smoking. I said no problem and quit cold turkey. Now that's when my problem really started. Guess what handled my cravings, chew.

Fast forward to this past Monday. My wife asks for our online bank accnt and password. I give it to her not thinking about it. She comes across some purchases at the local gas station and asks me about it. These purchases are new to her because I handle the finances. So I tell her with shame what they are. One can of chew and cash for tomorrow's can so I can spread out the purchases on my card. From there it was a humongous blow up and she told me to pack up and get wheeling.

This is how bad my addiction is/was. 11 years ago when my wife saw me chewing and complained I said don't worry I'll quit. She threatened leaving and all that. From then on I turned into a closet chewer up to 2 cans a day. Sure when I was around my wife I wouldn't chew but away from her I was a demon.
I compare this behavior to my dad, he was a bad alcoholic who hid his booze in the garage and never drank in front of us. It wasn't for our sake but afraid of my mom leaving.

So I was getting caught every 6 months or so and it was always an extreme blow up. Me trying to talk my way out of it and my wife saying everything that I did to hide it (all the signs never escaped her). After seeing the bank statements I guess she had enough. She pointed to the "line in the sand" and said it's going to be chew or me.

I'm going to need a lot of help here for a few reasons. One, we all know how hard it is to quit. Two, she doesn't believe me already that I quit. I "quit" before when we got in arguments but that was just to get her off my back but this time is the real deal for me.

I thank everyone for reading this and look forward to hearing from you guys and gals. Btw I've chewed a pack of trident in the first two days. Seems a lot but I have a feeling I should buy stock in it as soon as possible.

Thanks again, YoYo
Trying to earn my wife's trust One Day At A Time