Author Topic: doing it the right way...the only way DBD  (Read 787 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: doing it the right way...the only way DBD
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
DBD, great choice to quit, and KTC is the place to be for quitting. Read everything on KTC: welcome center, intro threads, words of wisdom, cancer stories, HOF speeches... Everything. So much knowledge here, and if you follow the path you will be quit. Get active in your quit-group, get phone #s and post so much quit talk that a cave would be too epic to let happen! PM me if you need anything.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 01:34:00 AM »
From a former cheesehead (Appleton area) all I gotta say is this place rocks. I quit on the 28th, so just a few days after you. This is not my first quit but I guarandamntee ya it will be my last. Reach out, vent, say fuck, whatever you need to do but refuse Nic at all costs. They morning of the 28th I asked God for help in quitting, he led me here. Post Roll daily and refuse to use. Our quits are for today only, focus on tomorrow, tomorrow. As you know Roll is our commitment to each other and ourselves. Become the bad-ass quitter you want to be..

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
Make sure you are connecting with your Brothers in your quit group and getting digits from them, too. You will need them, and they will need you. Brotherhood, without accountability, equals failure. Put Brotherhood and Accountability together, and you will have Success.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline daybyday11

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »
Wt57- Absolutely, one day at a time...Mogul, i don't know about wise lol, but i am smartening up a bit. Proud to be quit with you too...holding this cheese head high

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
Wisconsin makes the wiser at a young age. 28 and quit is damn great. I wish I had done that.

Proud to be quit with ya today cheese head.. LOL.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »
Quote from: daybyday11
Hello quitters...I'm a 28 year old from Wisconsin. Started chewing when i was about 14 and ended with over a tin a day habit. I had been attempting quits on my own over the last few years only to find myself back to the same result, a caving nicotine addict.

I took my last dip on Feb 24 and have been nicotine free since. However, this time i'm reaching out and finally accepting reality...that i can't do this alone. I've been reading on this site since day 1 of my quit (even before then too), but had not posted roll. But the more i read the more i realize that this site, the commitment to post roll, interacting and receiving support from fellow quit brothers and sisters, is what separates "just another attempt" to being quit for life.

So here I am. Will be posting roll today/tonight for the 1st time...and will continue to do so daybyday. I look forward to joining this great community of quitters.
Don't worry about forever, just post roll today and every today and soon you will realize your quit longer than you could have ever imagined. The more active you are the faster the time flies by.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline daybyday11

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
Hello quitters...I'm a 28 year old from Wisconsin. Started chewing when i was about 14 and ended with over a tin a day habit. I had been attempting quits on my own over the last few years only to find myself back to the same result, a caving nicotine addict.

I took my last dip on Feb 24 and have been nicotine free since. However, this time i'm reaching out and finally accepting reality...that i can't do this alone. I've been reading on this site since day 1 of my quit (even before then too), but had not posted roll. But the more i read the more i realize that this site, the commitment to post roll, interacting and receiving support from fellow quit brothers and sisters, is what separates "just another attempt" to being quit for life.

So here I am. Will be posting roll today/tonight for the 1st time...and will continue to do so daybyday. I look forward to joining this great community of quitters.

Offline daybyday11

• Quitter
doing it the right way...the only way DBD
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »