Author Topic: Headed into the 48 hour mark  (Read 929 times)

Offline SMU1523

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-18
  • Interests: Offshore Fishing, Photography, College Football and Basketball, and Binge Watching Quality TV Series
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Headed into the 48 hour mark
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Congrats, SMU!!! You've taken the first step, let us help you the rest of the way. You need to learn HOW and WHY we post roll. Then do it.

Posting roll cuts addiction down to a size you can deal with. I used to get overwhelmed with the idea of quitting forever. Quitting forever is hard. So hard that we don't even try to do that here. All we're doing is promising that we won't have any nicotine TODAY. Nobody is saying anything about tomorrow, next week, next year or whatever. Don't worry about the future. We'll deal with it when it gets here. But you can give us your word that you won't have nicotine today. And you can fight like hell to keep your word all day. That's all there is to it.

Get your mind right...embrace the suck!!! The suck is the feeling of healing, brother! Choose to think of it this way...you GET to feel this shitty because you CHOSE to quit. Quitting is taking your life back. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. I'm pumped about your quit!!! You should be too.

There are no short-cuts and nobody can do this for you. But we've got your back. We're behind you all the way now. Check out the Quit Groups...not just your own, but a few other months and years. Then think...all of those folks have been right where you are now and are winning ONE DAY AT A TIME. Pretty cool, huh?

YOU GOT THIS, BROTHER!
SMU.... Read this again.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Post Roll...

I quit with you today.
Rawls 610
SMU1523 - 3 Days

Offline SMU1523

• Quitter
  • Interests: Offshore Fishing, Photography, College Football and Basketball, and Binge Watching Quality TV Series
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
How do I post roll?

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 10:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls
Congrats, SMU!!! You've taken the first step, let us help you the rest of the way. You need to learn HOW and WHY we post roll. Then do it.

Posting roll cuts addiction down to a size you can deal with. I used to get overwhelmed with the idea of quitting forever. Quitting forever is hard. So hard that we don't even try to do that here. All we're doing is promising that we won't have any nicotine TODAY. Nobody is saying anything about tomorrow, next week, next year or whatever. Don't worry about the future. We'll deal with it when it gets here. But you can give us your word that you won't have nicotine today. And you can fight like hell to keep your word all day. That's all there is to it.

Get your mind right...embrace the suck!!! The suck is the feeling of healing, brother! Choose to think of it this way...you GET to feel this shitty because you CHOSE to quit. Quitting is taking your life back. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. I'm pumped about your quit!!! You should be too.

There are no short-cuts and nobody can do this for you. But we've got your back. We're behind you all the way now. Check out the Quit Groups...not just your own, but a few other months and years. Then think...all of those folks have been right where you are now and are winning ONE DAY AT A TIME. Pretty cool, huh?

YOU GOT THIS, BROTHER!

Post Roll...

I quit with you today.
Rawls 610
So..... you gonna fish (post roll), or cut bait (do nothing)? Choice is yours pal.....

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 11:50:00 PM »

YOU GOT THIS, BROTHER!

Post Roll...

I quit with you today.
Rawls 610
I believe.....

Offline SMU1523

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
Definitely is an addiction, and not a habit. I completely agree. Words matter.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
And... just so you get your head wrapped around this fully... it's an addiction that you're dealing with. Not a habit. It's vital to realize this.

Rock on
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline SMU1523

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
I appreciate the encouragement guys. Although the withdrawals suck, there is still a rewarding feeling of taking my life back. I am just glad I have found this site.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 12:15:00 PM »

YOU GOT THIS, BROTHER!

Offline Supplehands

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 11:18:00 AM »
Hey SMU you've made a great decision coming to ktc. I'm similar to you in a few ways. I'm 26, dipped for 7-8 years and dipped a can every 3ish days.

Dive in here and absorb as much as you can. Post roll every single day, and do it early. This will be the best decision you've ever made. I've never once said, "man, wish I hadn't quit dipping". Get phone numbers and get involved. Build a big web of accountability.

Offline SMU1523

• Quitter
Headed into the 48 hour mark
« on: July 20, 2016, 10:52:00 AM »
Just wanted to introduce myself. 26 year old, been dipping for 5-6 years. Can a day. My last dip was about 6:30pm on 7-18-2016. Finally ready to break this habit!

This site has influenced me to quit, also with the pushing from close friends. I am dealing with the fog right now. I had no idea the withdrawal symptoms would be this bad. I am glad KTC has given me a heads up.