Author Topic: 34 years chewer stopping now  (Read 975 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: 34 years chewer stopping now
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
You guys can do this.

I believe in you, and we'll have your back.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline DTrainMurphyTX

• Quitter
  • Fucks Given: 0
  • Quit Date: 11-10-2012
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
BillyGee,

Welcome! I too was a 34 year chewer of Cope*****n. I'm only at day 20 but rest assured it does get a little better every day.

Besides posting roll EVERY day the two things I've learned from being here at KTC that have helped me the most so far...

1) Embrace the Suck - We all know the initial quit is no fun. It can suck pretty bad at times, but don't be scared of it. It's kind of hard to explain but I was able to find some inner strength that enabled me stare that bitch right in the face and laugh. "Is that the best you got!?!?" "Bring it MFer!!!"

2) Close the Door! - Slam it, lock it, whatever. You are quit, there is no going back. It's that simple.

Need a number? PM me.

Glad to quit with you.

Offline superfly

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 05:18:00 PM »
welcome. day 32 for me
This is Sparta!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
Hey BillyG and CWright,

Welcome. It is great to someone else who wants to take their life back!
You both are in the right place.
Click on the Salmon colored "Welcome Center" button above left and read, read and read.

We post Roll every a.m....the earlier the better.
Posting roll means we are giving our word to ourselves and our brethren in Quit that we won't put the poison in our mouth TODAY.
We keep our word all day and night...doing seeds, water, exercise, hanging in the chat room, whatever it takes to get to bed clean.
We wake up and REPEAT.
We QUIT one Day at a time.
No NICOTINE allowed!!!!! No pussy cigars, no cancer sticks, no pussy patches, no NICOTINE at ALL! Fake dip is allowed. Ranting in the chat room, running 5 miles, sunflower seeds, toothpicks are ALLOWED. Get the picture?
There are tools here for YOU to be QUIT.
Many perfect strangers are here to help YOU!
YOU can KILL the can!
I dipped 30 years, 24/7 1-2 cans per day. Lucky to be alive! I am 190 daze quit and never thought in a million years I could do THIS!
If I can, YOU can.
It gets waaaaaayyyyyyy better as you begin to WIN the WAR against the NIC Bitch!!!
Cheers and WELCOME to HELL!!!!
WE are here with you! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
If you haven't checked out the Welcome Center yet do it now! I think besides posting roll each day with my quit group, giving my cell number out to others and getting their digits has helped my quit more than anything. Reach out for numbers in your group and get them from vets, hit me up with a pm if you want my number or if I can help you with your quit!
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: BillyGee
first time wanting to quit. Seems like the right time but alot off people don't have faith. I went cold turkey on 11-27-12 and just finishing my 3rd full day. I hope to make it 100 days.
Welcome to both of you - I dipped for 30 years. I'm 901 days quit. One day at a time and I still post up in my group. You can not back down. You will be pulled toward "just one". YOU can't handle just one dip anymore. You need to post up everyday. Connect with your other fellow newbie quitters. Stick with it. The freedom is great and you will be a much better person once that nic is out of you.

Congrats on making a great decision. NOW post each morning first thing and then keep your word no matter what.

OH one more thing - drop the "hope". You are either doing it or you aren't. I hope it rains, but I KNOW I'm quit.
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline CWright

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
I am just starting too. looking foward to quitting with you.

Offline BillyGee

• Interests: Longtime youth football and high school wrestling coach. 34 year chewer who went cold turkey 11-17-12.
34 years chewer stopping now
« on: November 30, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
first time wanting to quit. Seems like the right time but alot off people don't have faith. I went cold turkey on 11-27-12 and just finishing my 3rd full day. I hope to make it 100 days.