Author Topic: Glad I found this place  (Read 2542 times)

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Glad I found this place
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: teamgreen
Quote from: Steelers
Quote from: SlaveToTheBear
Quote from: Martin
Greetings, all.

35 year-old Houstonian here and dipper for 19 of those years.  Up to 1-1.5 cans per day now, and the thought of being a slave to the Kodiak/Grizzly bear for the rest of my life really pisses me off.

Quitting is easy for me.  I've done it several times (irony intended).  And each time I welcome the Bear back with open arms.

I tried cold turkey yesterday...  One guess as to the outcome.

I've read the "welcome" section, so I'll respectfully refrain from posting in Quit or Wildcard forums, but hope to do so soon.  Real soon.

Sincerely,

Slave
Hey! Get your ass in here! I am on day 60 and also was awful fond of Kodiak! I can tell you that this site is the only way I could have quit! You will find lots of support and some hilarious folks at KTC! Today would be a great day to start!
Thanks Martin.

This seems like a great place. I was practically in tears from laughing while reading the "100 reasons to quit" letter. Then I realized "Damn, I can relate to about 2/3 of these".
Go to the june quit group and post day 1 right now. You said quitting is easy so do it. We will not let the bear back if you stick with us. Dump that shit right now and be done. I am sure you have a big marathon dipping weekend planned around basketball...well guess what your bracket will still suck ass even without dip. So post day 1 right now.
F*ck it. Why not.

It's lunch, and I'm going to stock up on some seeds that will tear up the rest of my mouth.

BTW, my "quitting is easy" comment was tongue-in-cheek. If "past quit success" is this year's tourney, then call me Vandy.
Congrats Slave, buckle up and enjoy the ride, it will be the last time you will have to go through it. Remember every second of it.
This ^. Welcome aboard! Awesome life-changing, life-saving decision. Post roll and live by your word, and embrace the ride.
Kick fucking ass 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' this guy is awesome

and FYI, you can say Fuck in here, it's ok
What do we have going on here ?? Another new quitter... ?!?! Well welcome to the nut house.. Buckle up and get ready.

Drink plenty of water and juice. READ READ READ. I say that all the time but I am not sure anyone listens. There is more quit knowledge in here than you could ever hope to find anywhere else.

We have all been where you are and are ready to help. Welcome again...
Ya greg, he is even on roll call and did not fuck it all up.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

35 year-old Houstonian here and dipper for 19 of those years.  Up to 1-1.5 cans per day now, and the thought of being a slave to the Kodiak/Grizzly bear for the rest of my life really pisses me off.

Quitting is easy for me.  I've done it several times (irony intended).  And each time I welcome the Bear back with open arms.

I've read the "welcome" section, so I'll respectfully refrain from posting in Quit or Wildcard forums, but hope to do so soon.  Real soon.

Sincerely,

Slave
Hey! Get your ass in here! I am on day 60 and also was awful fond of Kodiak! I can tell you that this site is the only way I could have quit! You will find lots of support and some hilarious folks at KTC! Today would be a great day to start!
Thanks Martin.

This seems like a great place. I was practically in tears from laughing while reading the "100 reasons to quit" letter. Then I realized "Damn, I can relate to about 2/3 of these".
Go to the june quit group and post day 1 right now. You said quitting is easy so do it. We will not let the bear back if you stick with us. Dump that shit right now and be done. I am sure you have a big marathon dipping weekend planned around basketball...well guess what your bracket will still suck ass even without dip. So post day 1 right now.
F*ck it. Why not.

It's lunch, and I'm going to stock up on some seeds that will tear up the rest of my mouth.

BTW, my "quitting is easy" comment was tongue-in-cheek. If "past quit success" is this year's tourney, then call me Vandy.
Congrats Slave, buckle up and enjoy the ride, it will be the last time you will have to go through it. Remember every second of it.
This ^. Welcome aboard! Awesome life-changing, life-saving decision. Post roll and live by your word, and embrace the ride.

What do we have going on here ?? Another new quitter... ?!?! Well welcome to the nut house.. Buckle up and get ready.

Drink plenty of water and juice. READ READ READ. I say that all the time but I am not sure anyone listens. There is more quit knowledge in here than you could ever hope to find anywhere else.

We have all been where you are and are ready to help. Welcome again...

Offline achill3z

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
welcome bro. its an awesome feeling having so many folks who can relate to us. And, I laughed really hard at the 100 reasons to quit too, and I also said to myself "that's sad that I know what that's like".

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

Sincerely,

Slave
Thanks Martin.

F*ck it. Why not.

Offline teamgreen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the nic bitch in the taint.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

Sincerely,

Slave
Thanks Martin.

F*ck it. Why not.

Offline Maddipper

• Quitter
    • fuckyoujpine.com
  • Interests: Boating, Fishing, ATV MX, MMA, Spending time with my 2 yr old son
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

Sincerely,

Slave
Thanks Martin.

F*ck it. Why not.

Watch and learn

http://www.facebook.com/uncomparable?v= ... ida?ref=ts

Offline Steelers

• Quitter
  • Interests: All Sports, namely my beloved Steelers
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

Sincerely,

Slave
Thanks Martin.

F*ck it. Why not.

6 time champs

Offline CalNotKodiakBears

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-20
  • Interests: Astronomy, CampingAngels BaseballCal FootballUCI Baseball (Go Eaters!)
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

Sincerely,

Slave
Thanks Martin.

F*ck it. Why not.

Quit Date: 03/20/10
HOF Date: 06/27/10
Comma: 12/13/12

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." -Carl Sagan

Offline teamgreen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the nic bitch in the taint.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
20+ year dipper, 1-2 cans per day. I haven't made it through one day without nicotine in forever. I've thought about quiting a thousand times, tried some to no avail.

I found this site four days ago, joined three days ago and haven't had nicotine since. I'm not going back. Yeah quiting sucks as expected, but this is how it's done right. All the help and commitment you need is right here, but don't talk yourself out of it.

Quit on the day you join. June quiters are here for you as are all the vets who are helping us all.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

Sincerely,

Slave
Thanks Martin.

• Quitter
  • Interests: Astronomy, CampingAngels BaseballCal FootballUCI Baseball (Go Eaters!)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

Sincerely,

Slave
Thanks Martin.

Offline Martin

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing,
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

35 year-old Houstonian here and dipper for 19 of those years. Up to 1-1.5 cans per day now, and the thought of being a slave to the Kodiak/Grizzly bear for the rest of my life really pisses me off.

Quitting is easy for me. I've done it several times (irony intended). And each time I welcome the Bear back with open arms.

I tried cold turkey yesterday... One guess as to the outcome.

I've read the "welcome" section, so I'll respectfully refrain from posting in Quit or Wildcard forums, but hope to do so soon. Real soon.

Sincerely,

Slave
quit date 1-19-10
"If it was easy, everyone would do it!"

• Quitter
Glad I found this place
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
Greetings, all.

35 year-old Houstonian here and dipper for 19 of those years. Up to 1-1.5 cans per day now, and the thought of being a slave to the Kodiak/Grizzly bear for the rest of my life really pisses me off.

Quitting is easy for me. I've done it several times (irony intended). And each time I welcome the Bear back with open arms.

I tried cold turkey yesterday... One guess as to the outcome.

I've read the "welcome" section, so I'll respectfully refrain from posting in Quit or Wildcard forums, but hope to do so soon. Real soon.

Sincerely,

Slave