Author Topic: Hey all been reading a few days, day 2 of the quit  (Read 1408 times)

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hey all been reading a few days, day 2 of the quit
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
thanks grimace

9, actually over last weekend I didn't. I'd been using coffee grounds over the last couple months and just never got around to it. My inner lip was peeling for a few days and I figured all the coffee I was drinking was possibly adding to it so I didn't need a lipper just for the sake of having a pacifier if it was only gonna add to that problem. I still like the feeling of that pack in the mouth but I ain't chemically or mentally forced to have it now.

For cost savings brewed coffee grounds ain't a bad choice.
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: jaygib
Day 78 and I've reached a landmark of sorts, today I haven't wanted a dip. ...

... Funny thing is that over the weekend I was jonesing hard but I just ignored it and kept living life. That grizzly bear don't own me anymore
Do you still use the fake stuff at day 78, jaygib? I've been going through days when I don't even think about it, and others when I crave it more than food (I wish it was cheaper, though). What about you?

Offline grimace8777

• Quitter
  • Interests: Rock Climbing, Running, Fathering
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Nice work jaygib! 76 a real accomplishment you should be proud of. I'm right there with you man, I know the bitch will be back to ambush me when I least suspect it. Bring it, I posted up, I'm quit and so are you, keep it up!

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
Day 78 and I've reached a landmark of sorts, today I haven't wanted a dip. This wasn't a function of not thinking of dip the entire day either mind you because folks were sitting around talking of quitting smoking today which of course brought my own quit to mind, but I didn't miss the company of the grizzly bear nor wish I was off for a drive with a dip. I merely thought of a phase of life that is no more.

The good news is that it is possible for me to move past the strong desire to use. Of course I knew this already from longer periods of non use in life. The bad news is that now I have to fight against the enemy that will wait in ambush, I also know this from the end of longer periods of non use when I resumed being a fulltime, active addict.

Funny thing is that over the weekend I was jonesing hard but I just ignored it and kept living life. That grizzly bear don't own me anymore
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Day 50! For each of the last 50 days I wanted to have a dip at some point. For each and every minute of the last 50 days I've chosen to not dip. Maybe at some point soon a day will pass when I don't covet dip but until then I'll fake it til I make it.

Thanks to all those living the quit with me
Keep the quit brudda.

You can do this.

in 724 days, you will not be disappointed if you keep the quit.

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
Day 50! For each of the last 50 days I wanted to have a dip at some point. For each and every minute of the last 50 days I've chosen to not dip. Maybe at some point soon a day will pass when I don't covet dip but until then I'll fake it til I make it.

Trust me brother, those days are not far off. I'm not sure when it happened in my quit, but I began to notice that I would go days without craving. I would just not think about it all day. Hang on, stay the course! It gets soooooo much better and it is sooooo worth it. Thanks for being here, you make my quit stronger!
"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Congrats on the 5-0 little bro. Each minute can be a victory at times.

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »

Quit January 19, 2011

Offline sts

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
i know all those dip tricks well buddy. comes with the territory of hiding my 4+ year habit from nearly everyone.

keep up the good quit.
HOF Date: 4/4/2011

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Started a new job this week and it's nice not having to fit dip into the new schedule. No longer way to work or home from work to get more time with my friend. No lunch breaks in the car in some random parking lot spent wolfing down a sandwich in a minute so I can get as much dip time as possible. No trips to the bathroom for a 10 minute crap with a can tucked in my sock, les anyone notice it in my pocket.

I still want to dip at those times but I'm choosing not to and it is great! 38 days
Quit January 19, 2011

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
Thanks fellas. Good way to put it, the ex trying to get back again...this time will be better. Nah, we're cool as enemies
Quit January 19, 2011

Offline skymuscle83

• Interests: fishing, camping, working out, pool, bowling.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
15 days in today and I really have wanted a dip most of the day...damn! Haven't knuckled under and I won't but it's just frustrating after so many great days largely free of that evil desire. I'll just blame it on being snowed in without any coffee--the coffee maker went and died on me.
bud this is my 20th day and life still isn't great but it does get easier. you're going through what I and many others went through. on that 2 week mile marker it's like the nicotine makes call to you like an old girlfriend saying please don't leave me. That's the way I thought of it and I don't want a deadly, and life threatening substance back. You can make it through my friend. I and many others have went through and are going through what you are. Just remember this feeling and remember to stay the quit because you don't want to go this all this agony again. Stay the quit my friend!!!

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
15 days in today and I really have wanted a dip most of the day...damn! Haven't knuckled under and I won't but it's just frustrating after so many great days largely free of that evil desire. I'll just blame it on being snowed in without any coffee--the coffee maker went and died on me.
hang in there Jay ! At two weeks the nicotine makes a last ditch effort to win you back
This is normal, feels just like day 1-3, You got this. It's just your body adjusting to th fresh oxygenated blood now flowing in your veins.

Get small, read, read, read, do everything you did to get through the first three days. If nothing else gets done , other than staying nicotine free, for the next few days. so be it! You are Winning!

Here is a link to read up on...http://www.killthecan.org/facts/2weeks.asp
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
Quit January 19, 2011

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
Thanks folks and this is about me and deep down that does matter, I matter to me because I'm one of the most selfish type of people in the world...an addict. But in the meantime I have to had rely on God's positive views of me and the healthier and happier guy I'll become because that same selfish addict me is gonna be to willing to settle for that false promise of the beloved next dip. My mind has been great at convincing me that the slow suicide path was A OK. F that shit. I ain't selling my heart and soul back to the griz or one of his friends.

5 days in and there have been some shitty moments. But today something amazingly positive is happening I realize and it's when I hear the word cancer now. I don't want cancer but if I get cancer I fight that fight, but there ain't no panic at the thought or mention of the word like there was just a week ago while I was actively trying to get cancer. So for all the other axieties that dip fooled me into believing it was magically making better this is an anxiety that is being overcome.

I've gone stir crazy for a few days around the house alone (kids are at their moms) but I picked this choice to avoid unleashing dip rage on them. So I'm almost through that and a new week will present new opportunities and new chances to love the family and others without worrying about fitting them in between dips.

The journey is the rest of my life, but for the first time in 5 days I can look to an unknown future that will be healthier and happier and not panic at the unknown and miss the evil poison that my MY SPECIAL evil poison.
That's good Jason,

You're starting to break through that misery you were in. Each day is special, each day is a new beginning. You will continue to have moments of struggle but realizing that a dip isn't going to help anything is powerful. Millions of people deal with life without stuffing shit into their face, why not you? Why not us?

STAY-STRONG
STAY-QUIT

Brian