Author Topic: Hey all been reading a few days, day 2 of the quit  (Read 1409 times)

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hey all been reading a few days, day 2 of the quit
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
Thanks folks and this is about me and deep down that does matter, I matter to me because I'm one of the most selfish type of people in the world...an addict. But in the meantime I have to had rely on God's positive views of me and the healthier and happier guy I'll become because that same selfish addict me is gonna be to willing to settle for that false promise of the beloved next dip. My mind has been great at convincing me that the slow suicide path was A OK. F that shit. I ain't selling my heart and soul back to the griz or one of his friends.

5 days in and there have been some shitty moments. But today something amazingly positive is happening I realize and it's when I hear the word cancer now. I don't want cancer but if I get cancer I fight that fight, but there ain't no panic at the thought or mention of the word like there was just a week ago while I was actively trying to get cancer. So for all the other axieties that dip fooled me into believing it was magically making better this is an anxiety that is being overcome.

I've gone stir crazy for a few days around the house alone (kids are at their moms) but I picked this choice to avoid unleashing dip rage on them. So I'm almost through that and a new week will present new opportunities and new chances to love the family and others without worrying about fitting them in between dips.

The journey is the rest of my life, but for the first time in 5 days I can look to an unknown future that will be healthier and happier and not panic at the unknown and miss the evil poison that my MY SPECIAL evil poison.
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
Quote from: brianl
Welcome Jason!!

Read as much as you can on this site. You will find that it will be VERY useful, especially when you have a lot of down time.

God will be there for you no matter what. It's nice to make a promise to God but you should also be making a promise to yourself. Do this for yourself first then everything else second.

Try to keep yourself busy. Turn off the TV, get off the couch and find ways to keep your mind occupied (again, reading this site will be a key here).

You will find that you are not alone. You can do this. How do I know? Because this site is jam packed with bad ass Quitters who are doing it.

STAY STRONG-STAY QUIT

Brian
Jason after reading everything on this site (which is a lot) you'll come to the conclusion that a dip will not help you get a job. Or find a new girlfriend. Or pay your bills. Or buy your kids stuff. For that matter you won't need a job, because you will be dead. Your kids will be fatherless and they will have to pay your bills you left behind.

Quit with us. Day by day you'll see that you can live without it. But you gotta do it for you and you gotta really be in for the ride.

tarp

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »
Welcome Jason!!

Read as much as you can on this site. You will find that it will be VERY useful, especially when you have a lot of down time.

God will be there for you no matter what. It's nice to make a promise to God but you should also be making a promise to yourself. Do this for yourself first then everything else second.

Try to keep yourself busy. Turn off the TV, get off the couch and find ways to keep your mind occupied (again, reading this site will be a key here).

You will find that you are not alone. You can do this. How do I know? Because this site is jam packed with bad ass Quitters who are doing it.

STAY STRONG-STAY QUIT

Brian

Offline Spurbow

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting and Grilling
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
God approves but don't do it for him - do it for you. You will eventually let GOD down and he will forgive you. I WONT. Learn how to post up and form a relationship with this band of brothers (and sisters) and welcome to the suck. It gets better every day and this is the absolute best decision you have ever made. Welcome and God Bless.
"Silly rabbits, nicotine wasn't filling the void it was creating it." - Skoal Monster

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
Hey all been reading a few days, day 2 of the quit
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Just wanted to say hello. I'm an addicted to the deamon dip and am on my second day of the quit. I've used for about 10 years straight and prior to that I went through years of use/nonuse.

I'm a single father to 3 kids. My love for my kids ain't enough to get me to quit. The romantic relationships and friendships that have suffered because of my habit ain't enough to get me to quit. The lack of getting involved in other outside activities ain't enough to get me to quit. Nope I've realized that dip was my god in many ways and God doesn't approve of it. The self medication I turned to in stress so long ago replaced God as my most important diety.

So I'm depressed, mad, tired, lonely, frustrated and I want a dip. I won't because I made a promise to God, but I really want to. It sucks because I ain't working right now so the last 2 days and the next few will likely be me sitting around suffering but I'll manage and the days will get brighter I'm sure.

Thanks to all you that are inspiring me, and I'll pray for those of you in the battle with me.
Jason
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12