Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 684 times)

Offline trombonist91

• Quitter
  • Interests: Christianity, Music, College sports, Rangers baseball!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Greetings
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
Quote from: rtbranger
My daughter, Madison, turned 4 in November last year, and I think that opened my eyes that tobacco is going to kill me if I don't stop. I couldn't imagine what she would have to go through seeing me go out that way, not too mention growing up without a Dad who made a 'conscious' decision to dip and to continue to dip knowing what the consequences could be.
Hey Jeff, good to see you on here.

I'm pretty new here so I'm not really sure if I have the right to post on things like this, but I think it's pretty awesome that you're taking your daughter into account.

I remember when I first saw my dad's cans of dip. And kept on seeing them around, whether he knew it or not. Definitely changed my opinion on dip eventually and I picked it up myself.

I'm not blaming it on my dad at all, but I am saying it definitely changed the way I thought about dip and it made me think it was ok.

In fact, my dad went through this site and is a HOFer. I guess some of ya'll would know him as Bnlelliott. Anyways, he's been quit for a while now and I couldn't be more proud of my dad. And now it's my turn to quit. I'm sure when your daughter comes of age if she knows that you dipped and quit she'll be proud of you too.
-Quit date- 02/13/2012
-UNT Class of '13

Jesus' words to Peter- "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
I am seeing the the doc tomorrow to address some questions I have regarding quitting, as well as thorough exam to put my mind at ease!
man thats not a bad idea but i wnat you to do some thing for me. if he trys to get keep you hooked with the patch or gum you just ask him if you were drinkin a fifth a wisky evry day wood he tell you just to start drinkin beers insted?

your not adickted to cope my man. your adickted to nickateen. feedin it with nrt aint gonna cut it.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
Hey guys, my name if jeff and I'm a Copenhagen addict......it might sound like your traditional 12 step program meeting, but its true.

I've been dipping for 23 years. My daughter, Madison, turned 4 in November last year, and I think that opened my eyes that tobacco is going to kill me if I don't stop. I couldn't imagine what she would have to go through seeing me go out that way, not too mention growing up without a Dad who made a 'conscious' decision to dip and to continue to dip knowing what the consequences could be.

So, now, I've quit, and I promise to her, most especially, that I will continue to kick this habit's ass! I live in NJ - am 42 years old - married - house - car - RAT dog - and an M.Ed. in Special Education. 'bang head'

I am seeing the the doc tomorrow to address some questions I have regarding quitting, as well as thorough exam to put my mind at ease!

good luck to me and all of you
Congrats on being here. Read as much of this site as you can. Knowledge is power quit knowledge is power over Nic.

The first piece of advice I will give you is the same piece of advice I received - and you need to listen to it and give time to digest it before you toss it aside (which is what I wanted to do).

You must make this quit about you. It can't be about being for your daughter, or your wife or you job. IT MUST BE ABOUT YOU.

Second, stay as active as possible on this site. Statistics prove that the more active you are, the more likely your level of success in this quit. If all you plan to do is pop on and post roll every day, nothing else, don't expect this site to be the answer you want it to be. The site doesn't make you quit...posting roll doesn't make you quit. YOU make you STAY QUIT.

Get numbers of brothers, make connections, build trust and friendships - these will serve you well when you need them the most.

Again, glad you are here...now show us what kind of quitter you want to be.
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Hey guys, my name if jeff and I'm a Copenhagen addict......it might sound like your traditional 12 step program meeting, but its true.

I've been dipping for 23 years. My daughter, Madison, turned 4 in November last year, and I think that opened my eyes that tobacco is going to kill me if I don't stop. I couldn't imagine what she would have to go through seeing me go out that way, not too mention growing up without a Dad who made a 'conscious' decision to dip and to continue to dip knowing what the consequences could be.

So, now, I've quit, and I promise to her, most especially, that I will continue to kick this habit's ass! I live in NJ - am 42 years old - married - house - car - RAT dog - and an M.Ed. in Special Education. 'bang head'

Welcome, You made two great decisions. The first is to quit, the second is to do it with the help of KTC. This is a great community (can be a tad disfunctional at times...) but a great community. We have been exactly where you are today. Go to the little pink "welcome center" tab in upper left corner it will teach you all need to know. We keep it pretty simple around here. I will wish you good luck at the doctors, but I will not wish you luck on your quit. We don't need "luck" here, we don't "hope" here, we don't "try" our best. We just plain QUIT. I quit today, and since you are here with me I will quit with you today as well.
Luby 212 days today, PM me if can help in any way.

Offline rtbranger

Greetings
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »