Author Topic: greetings  (Read 973 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: greetings
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Good job fighting through the suck. From here on its mind games.

Get to know some of your brothers. Get some numbers and lets settle in for the long run..

Stay Quit

Offline Space

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 7/20/2010
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Day three today, crap what a night. Woke up so many times in a sweat with serious cravings. Today I will make it and not give in.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
Quote from: steve
hey I am new here as well, today is DAy 2 for me... it has sucked but not as bad as I thought it would. Which makes we worry a little about tomorrow day 3. But if i can do 2 days I can do 3 days, and I'm not going to run back to the can cause I'm having a shitty day or someone pisses me off.. I've chewed/dipped for over 30 years.. used to think it was cool to do when i was young worked up to a can a day for the last 20 years
Steve S - glad you are here. You made a good decision. Now make sure you post roll every day. The quit is for the day. Do it early and do it every day. Keep your word. I chewed for 30 years and I'm heading into day 40. Have a plan and listen to the vets. Start reading everything you can on this site. Be engaged with the folks here. If you need to vent, bitch, whine get some numbers.... DO NOT CAVE. You can do this. We will help you.

Rob
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline Steve S

• Quitter
  • Interests: kayaking, hiking, camping , skiing, guns, shooting, reading
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »
hey I am new here as well, today is DAy 2 for me... it has sucked but not as bad as I thought it would. Which makes we worry a little about tomorrow day 3. But if i can do 2 days I can do 3 days, and I'm not going to run back to the can cause I'm having a shitty day or someone pisses me off.. I've chewed/dipped for over 30 years.. used to think it was cool to do when i was young worked up to a can a day for the last 20 years

Offline aabye1

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
Welcome Space,

Post Roll and quit the bitch. You got this.

Offline john101477

• Quitter
    • www.northerncalimages.com
  • Interests: I am an outdoor nut. I spend more time in the middle of nowhere than anyone I know. Camping, hunting, fishing, exploring and photography are what drives me.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
welcome Space that mistress can be a true bitch
Proud to be a future Oct HOF - COCKS RULE
During this hard quit I am 100% sure that a blowjob is the best cure for a craving.

Offline Lost

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
Welcome and congrats on the quit!

I know how it goes to be almost single from the shit...

Shoot me a PM if you need anything.

Adam
RIP
JNH 08.07.2011
CAW 10.28.2010
TWB 06.26.2003

Fortes Fortuna adiuvat

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
Yeah, what captain said.

The Smokey Mountain helped me through the first few days. It's terrible, but if it helps you, use it. Post roll and quit for today. Embrace the suck.
The product is worth the process.

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Space
Hi! I am new to the sight and boy am I glad I found you.
I started with dip at about 10 years old. It was no big deal, nobody cared. I used off and on for the next four years then started smoking. I smoked till I was 21 and dipped from time to time. I quit it all once I got married at age 21.
For the next 19 years I would dip and smoke occasionally and then just stop for years at a time. I thought nothing of it.

Well, 3 months ago I was having a real hard time in my life and caved in big time. I started smoking at work and chewing at home. I couldn't stop. I needed the nicotine almost 24/7 . About 2 weeks ago my wife found my hidden stash. I almost became a single man, all because of my lies and my mistress named nicotine.

I threw everything out and went and bought some nicotine gum. I have now ditched the gum and using Smokey Mountain snuff to help me fight the craves. I am on day 2 now 100% nicotine free. Ill post roll soon and plan to visit this sight daily for roll and encouragement. Thanks for being here.
Post roll now, promise not to use so you can take it out of the equation. Go get to know the clowns in October. Get ready, it sucks but you will be so happy that you made the decision.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline captnncoke13

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Welcome aboard badass. We've all been there. Read everything on the site.
"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one". - Scarface

"I do not promise ease. I do not promise comfort. But I do promise you these: hardship, weariness, and suffering. And with them, I promise you VICTORY." - Garibaldi

Quit Date: 6/28/2010, HOF Date: 10/5/2010, 2nd Floor: 1/13/2011, 3rd Floor: 4/23/2011

Offline Space

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 7/20/2010
greetings
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Hi! I am new to the sight and boy am I glad I found you.
I started with dip at about 10 years old. It was no big deal, nobody cared. I used off and on for the next four years then started smoking. I smoked till I was 21 and dipped from time to time. I quit it all once I got married at age 21.
For the next 19 years I would dip and smoke occasionally and then just stop for years at a time. I thought nothing of it.

Well, 3 months ago I was having a real hard time in my life and caved in big time. I started smoking at work and chewing at home. I couldn't stop. I needed the nicotine almost 24/7 . About 2 weeks ago my wife found my hidden stash. I almost became a single man, all because of my lies and my mistress named nicotine.

I threw everything out and went and bought some nicotine gum. I have now ditched the gum and using Smokey Mountain snuff to help me fight the craves. I am on day 2 now 100% nicotine free. Ill post roll soon and plan to visit this sight daily for roll and encouragement. Thanks for being here.