Author Topic: Greetings from Rhode Island  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Greetings from Rhode Island
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
You still have a long road ahead of you but it is do worth it. My journey has been so rewarding, a lot of baggage I've been gathering along with dipping is being exposed and I'm getting a handle on it. Work on getting acquainted with fellow quitters and get contact #'s to lean on in a day of craving! Check your inbox I'll share my story!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline frenchlick

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
Thanks. I appreciate the response. And I will reach out if I need it. I have read everything in the Welcome Center.

I'm doing alright so far. Four days and chewing alot of gum. Keeping busy. Mostly, dip was used in front of the tv when winding down for the day, watching sports or a movie.

I am currently laid up with an achilles tendon rupture. Had surgery but the recovery has been going terribly. Lots of down time which meant lots of skoal. But I decided now or never. Not gonna let this be a friggin crutch.

And nicotine isn't good for blood circulation. The ankle and foot gets poor enough blood circulation as it is. Want to do whatever I can to get the recovery sped up.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
Nice job stepping up and ending your slavery to the can. You are correct: You will get support here. As much as you want. Sometimes more than you want. Hopefully, you've already read the stuff in the WELCOME CENTER, and are now spending your foggy weekend browsing through WORDS OF WISDOM and HOF SPEECHES.

You posted roll today, so nicotine is simply not an option today. You CAN get through today. You have made a promise to do so. Now you just need to keep your word.

PM me if you have any questions or concerns. Glad to be quit with you.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline frenchlick

• Quitter
Greetings from Rhode Island
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
My last dip was on Tuesday, September 4.

I am a 40 year old man that is currently living in RI. I have been dipping skoal lc since I was 16. 24 years.

Now is the time.

Stumbled on this community and it looks like a good support system. Gonna use it and kick this shitty addiction. I'm still a little foggy. 'bang head'

Gonna go do my first roll call.

Audi 5000.