Author Topic: After 10 years I want to quit... again  (Read 980 times)

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: After 10 years I want to quit... again
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »
Quote from: h2ofowler
Well after reading on this site for the last couple hours I realized Im done being a little bitch....
Yes! YESSSSSSSSSS! Hellz yeah homie, that's the fucking attitude! I'll quit with ya broseph!

Shit, these guys just coming in are motivating the fuck out of me.

Offline CalNotKodiakBears

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-20
  • Interests: Astronomy, CampingAngels BaseballCal FootballUCI Baseball (Go Eaters!)
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »
You've got this, dude.

Like you, I couldn't fathom doing anything without a dip in... working, driving, fishing, showering or scratching my balls.

I was somewhat hesitant about this site at first. I mean, hell, I dipped 1.5 cans a day for 19 years, and a bunch of strangers are going to help keep that shit out of my mouth?

Turns out these "strangers" had more in common with me than members of my own family.

This place works. Read up and stick to your plan. If need be, stock up on some fake stuff (Smokey Mountain, Hooch, etc.)

Stay quit!
Quit Date: 03/20/10
HOF Date: 06/27/10
Comma: 12/13/12

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." -Carl Sagan

Offline markr

• Quit Date 04/01/2009
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I like Bowhunting Deer, bowfishing, shooting, deer hunting, fishing for bass and smallies in local lake and streams. Taking my daughter out in the wild my youngest love to shoot ,hunt and fish. I am a Hunters ed instructor and like to introduce kids to outdoors activities. Restoring old tractors.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
This is from my post on the september 2010 page....

Did not realize I was supposed to post my plan. Spent an hour on the phone last night with my buddy who has been trying to get me to quit for years. I wrote up a plan with his help and printed a copy and put it on my fridge along with a copy in my wallet with a copy of the contract. I was up til 3am cleaning out my house, truck, and boat of everything tobacco related and anything that would make me think of dipping.

My plan:
1. I WILL check in every day.
2. Everyday I am putting my usual 6 dollars I spend on cope into a pickle jar. At 100 days ill break into the pickle jar and buy that new sage fly rod I want.
3. Ive informed all of my friends that chew that I will not be hanging out with them for the next 100 days unless they agree to not bring tobacco around me or they will need to quit chewing themselves.

If I ever attempt to cave:
1. My buddy Steve is on speed dial. Last time I caved (a year ago) he gave me a black eye. He has permission this time to do worse. He also is keeping a copy of the contract with him to read to me over the phone.
2. I refuse to cave
I commend you on your choice!! You have come to the place that can help you quit. Don't worry about that fly rod that is a long way away even though a Sage rod is a nice prize, quit today give your word and come hell or high water keep your word. Repeat the process again tomorrow. This place works because we give our word and a promise is a promise we keep our promise.

Now get ready to fight because the next week is going to be hell.

Stay quit caving is not an option!!

Offline NUGuy

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Stole a chew of cope out of my grandpaps tackle box when I was 12 years old and have been hooked since. Im 22 now, been chewin 10 years, and have only "succesfully" quit once for 2 years. Ive tried 10 times in the last year and say everyday Im going to quit and still havnt. Hell Im having half an anxiety attack writing this and have a chew in as I type. All my friends I know that have "quit" still give in and bum a chew from me or someone else every now and then.

Regularly I have atleast one cut or sore in my mouth at any given time and have to switch chewin to the other side of my mouth til that gets hurt then go back to the other. As much as it hurts to put a dip in with the cuts I cant help but do it anyways.

I was looking at hunting/trapping/fishing pictures.. heck any pictures and I have a chew in in about every one of them. I cant imagine sitting on the beach shark fishing, runnin a trap line, trollin for tuna, fly fishing for trout, duck hunting, or doing anything without a chew in.

On a "positive" note I have gone from 2 cans a day down to a can every other day now. I want to quit, ive tried quitting, but no matter what I do I cant last longer than a week.

Pat
Got me thinking- I started when I was 12 too. I grew up in a rural community where most of my friends families were farmers- I can only think of a few guys I knew that didn't chew. Your advantage-- I'm 41. Don't let this shit run your life as long as I did!

Offline h2ofowler

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
This is from my post on the september 2010 page....

Did not realize I was supposed to post my plan. Spent an hour on the phone last night with my buddy who has been trying to get me to quit for years. I wrote up a plan with his help and printed a copy and put it on my fridge along with a copy in my wallet with a copy of the contract. I was up til 3am cleaning out my house, truck, and boat of everything tobacco related and anything that would make me think of dipping.

My plan:
1. I WILL check in every day.
2. Everyday I am putting my usual 6 dollars I spend on cope into a pickle jar. At 100 days ill break into the pickle jar and buy that new sage fly rod I want.
3. Ive informed all of my friends that chew that I will not be hanging out with them for the next 100 days unless they agree to not bring tobacco around me or they will need to quit chewing themselves.

If I ever attempt to cave:
1. My buddy Steve is on speed dial. Last time I caved (a year ago) he gave me a black eye. He has permission this time to do worse. He also is keeping a copy of the contract with him to read to me over the phone.
2. I refuse to cave
quittin it up 6-14-2010
"You gotta get the baby batter off the brain"
-Pat

Offline h2ofowler

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
Things still good since 10:30 last night. I feel like a meth head in detox but I WILL NOT cave in.
quittin it up 6-14-2010
-Pat

Offline Cancrusher

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
h2ofowler...

I too am quite young like yourself. I dipped for 8 years. Never quit for longer than a day. Hated myself for the control I let that shit have on my life. I was a ninja dipper, so I was constantly in a state of withdraw. I'd had enough. Found this site 28 days ago, have been quit for 28 days. Sounds like you've had enough too.

Here is my quit plan to help you get started. These are quite personal but I figure a blueprint to help you out wont hurt:

My quit plan. It's simple enough.

1. Post Roll every morning
2. Keep my promise all day

Before I chose to cave I must do these 2 things:

1. Call an August quit brother and tell him I am going to cave
2. Sign the copy of the Contract to Give (find in my signature) Up in my wallet and give it to my wife

FLUSH THAT SHIT AND POST UP IN SEPTEMBER! YOU ARE READY AND WE GOT YOUR BACK!
My Day 1 | 5/19/2010

PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
Well after reading on this site for the last couple hours I realized Im done being a little bitch. Threw out my last 2 cans (one unopened) and got rid of anything in my house that would make me want a dip (spitters, us tobacco news letters, cope tshirts etc). Im tired of having bleeding gums, spitters stinkin up my truck, spillin them on the carpet in my living room, hiding cans and spitters when I have lady visitors over, and letting something so fucking stupid control my life.
"Well after reading on this site for the last couple hours I realized Im done being a little bitch."

This is the realization we all must come to for our quit to be successful.

Like Skoal Monster said, quitting is pretty damn simple, just don't put a dip in your mouth and you have succeeded. Its not always pleasant, but that part gets a little better every day.

Welcome.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »
Well after reading on this site for the last couple hours I realized Im done being a little bitch. Threw out my last 2 cans (one unopened) and got rid of anything in my house that would make me want a dip (spitters, us tobacco news letters, cope tshirts etc). Im tired of having bleeding gums, spitters stinkin up my truck, spillin them on the carpet in my living room, hiding cans and spitters when I have lady visitors over, and letting something so fucking stupid control my life.
If you want to quit its simple, stop shoving that shit in your mouth. Head to September, that'll be your group. Start posting roll call. You need to fight thru the first 72 hours and get the nic out of your system. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU NEED TO DO IS STAY QUIT TODAY. everything else can fucking wait. Put your quit first and do it one minute at a time if need be.

From one duck hunter to another, you can quit, and smacking quackers is just as fun without a dip. In fact, not putting your filthy mud, dog, bloody, feather, fingers in your mouth is a nice bonus. If it helps I left my last can sitting in a duck blind
half full 504 days ago. I dipped for 23 years- If I can quit so can you.

You got this
Skoal Monster
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Crick

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunt'n, fish'n, and cruis'n on the HD.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs593.snc3/31265_398794665278_517725278_4027285_6885926_n.jpg)
This was the last day I tried to quit... I was three days in and thought I would buy just one can and have one or two chews.. The next day I chewed 3 cans.
Spit that shit out of your mouth. Throw and flush it all away. Now is your time to quit Grow a set of testicles, man up and fight the nicotine bitch which has latched onto your back. Go to the welcome center, figure out how to post and make a daily commitment. Read absolutely everything on this site. You come to find that your story sounds remarkably like many other stories here. You will also find that you can never touch nicotine again. No smokes, no cigar, no patch no nothing. Today is when you make amends to your body for what you have done to it in the past. Today is the day you no longer let a chemical control your life. Today you become the man who has control over his own health, body and destiny. Make that decision and stick with it. DO IT NOW.
Quit 5/29/10
Die'n aint much of a liv'n.
Destiny is not determined by chance. It is determined by choice.

Offline h2ofowler

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
quittin it up 6-14-2010
-Pat

Offline h2ofowler

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs593.snc3/31265_398794665278_517725278_4027285_6885926_n.jpg)
This was the last day I tried to quit... I was three days in and thought I would buy just one can and have one or two chews.. The next day I chewed 3 cans.
quittin it up 6-14-2010
-Pat

Offline h2ofowler

After 10 years I want to quit... again
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »
Stole a chew of cope out of my grandpaps tackle box when I was 12 years old and have been hooked since. Im 22 now, been chewin 10 years, and have only "succesfully" quit once for 2 years. Ive tried 10 times in the last year and say everyday Im going to quit and still havnt. Hell Im having half an anxiety attack writing this and have a chew in as I type. All my friends I know that have "quit" still give in and bum a chew from me or someone else every now and then.

Regularly I have atleast one cut or sore in my mouth at any given time and have to switch chewin to the other side of my mouth til that gets hurt then go back to the other. As much as it hurts to put a dip in with the cuts I cant help but do it anyways.

I was looking at hunting/trapping/fishing pictures.. heck any pictures and I have a chew in in about every one of them. I cant imagine sitting on the beach shark fishing, runnin a trap line, trollin for tuna, fly fishing for trout, duck hunting, or doing anything without a chew in.

On a "positive" note I have gone from 2 cans a day down to a can every other day now. I want to quit, ive tried quitting, but no matter what I do I cant last longer than a week.

Pat
quittin it up 6-14-2010
-Pat