Author Topic: Day 1, already irritated  (Read 719 times)

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Day 1, already irritated
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 09:15:00 PM »
Quote from: joshman0788
Well, it's already been 24 hours and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. You just have to want to quit. Keep your mind occupied when that first, second, third..... craving hits. Just Fucking say no and you're good to go. I think I found a trigger. It's work. The military isn't making it easy to quit! Haha. But who said this shit was going to be easy?
I identified some triggers as well, breathing. Read up on the Welcome Center . You'll find instructions for posting roll. Roll is our promise to not use nicotine for that day. We only worry about quitting one day at a time because it is the only thing we control and anyone can keep their word for one day, right?

Your quit group would be May 2015,and boy are they shaping up to be a bunch of fine quitters. Congrats on day 1.

Offline joshman0788

• Quit Date: 2015-02-08
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »
Well, it's already been 24 hours and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. You just have to want to quit. Keep your mind occupied when that first, second, third..... craving hits. Just Fucking say no and you're good to go. I think I found a trigger. It's work. The military isn't making it easy to quit! Haha. But who said this shit was going to be easy?

Offline Jeff W.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-11
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
I'm quit with you Josh. I wish I'd made this decision when I was your age.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
Read the Welcome Center and learn how to post roll - it's your promise not to use nicotine for 24 hours.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Nolaq
Well fellas. I've decided to quit being a dirt bag and kick the cancerous shit that I used to put in my mouth in the ass. Why did we do this to ourselves? Well, I wish everyone luck on their journey. God knows I'm gonna need it. I've only been doing this for 4.5 years and it's really become a lifestyle. But I don't want to live that way ever again. I'm only 26 and I don't need the threat of the health issues later in life. I want a family and there is no room for chew in my life if I'm going to have one.

Well, sorry for the long post dudes. Good luck!

Josh
Great decision Josh! I wish I had that attitude when I was 26. Sadly, it took me another 14 years before I smartened up.

One thing - we don't wish each other luck around here. We don't hope to succeed, either. We don't need luck or hope, becuase we come here every day to make a conscious decision to Quit. Every day. When I log onto KTC first thing every day, it is to make my promise not to use nicotine for the day. Luck has nothing to do with it.

In fact, you didn't find this site by luck, either. You were looking for us, and you found us. You are not here by accident.

Get it in your head that we are here to Quit, and make that positive decision every day, and you won't need any luck at all.
Josh off to great start. This shits gonna be the hardest thing you've ever done! Listen to these guy's, if you want to quit! Post roll EDD! Mr. Nolaq smart man listen to what he says! Get you some numbers from these badass quitters!
That wasn't a long post at all. But, it's your intro thread, so you can post just as long (or short) as you want. As long as you're quit, everything else is just details.

I agree with ole NOLAQ. In short, there are only two status options:

1. Quit.
2. Not quit.

Every day we have to pick one or the other. There is no luck involved. I woke up this morning and chose to once again be in category #1 for the next 24-hour period.

Welcome.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Well fellas. I've decided to quit being a dirt bag and kick the cancerous shit that I used to put in my mouth in the ass. Why did we do this to ourselves? Well, I wish everyone luck on their journey. God knows I'm gonna need it. I've only been doing this for 4.5 years and it's really become a lifestyle. But I don't want to live that way ever again. I'm only 26 and I don't need the threat of the health issues later in life. I want a family and there is no room for chew in my life if I'm going to have one.

Josh
Great decision Josh! I wish I had that attitude when I was 26. Sadly, it took me another 14 years before I smartened up.

One thing - we don't wish each other luck around here. We don't hope to succeed, either. We don't need luck or hope, becuase we come here every day to make a conscious decision to Quit. Every day. When I log onto KTC first thing every day, it is to make my promise not to use nicotine for the day. Luck has nothing to do with it.

In fact, you didn't find this site by luck, either. You were looking for us, and you found us. You are not here by accident.

Get it in your head that we are here to Quit, and make that positive decision every day, and you won't need any luck at all.
Josh off to great start. This shits gonna be the hardest thing you've ever done! Listen to these guy's, if you want to quit! Post roll EDD! Mr. Nolaq smart man listen to what he says! Get you some numbers from these badass quitters!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »

Josh

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline joshman0788

• Quit Date: 2015-02-08
Day 1, already irritated
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:51:00 AM »

Josh