Author Topic: Coach Bio  (Read 950 times)

Offline LUNK173

• Quitter
  • Interests: HIKING, PAINTBALLING. FISHING, HUNTING, ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTDOORS. MILITARY HISTORY OR MILITARY GAMING.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Coach Bio
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 05:21:00 AM »
Coach: Started in Wrestling to keep my weight down. I have no right to speak only been 4 days myself just wanted to say hey to a fellow Badger. Grew up in Burlington before being moved all around, you take care and you got this!
Lead, Follow or get outta my way!-Patton

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
Hey everybody. I have surfed around looking at this site a few times, trying to talk myself out of the infamous "one more dip". Finally decided it was time to stop being a pussy and post roll!!

I am 28 and live in Wisconsin. I have a four year old daughter and it's time to quit. Here is the story behind my ah ha moment. I work as a high school football coach and the kids really do look at me as a role model. A few of the other coachs I work with chew as well and I was having a dip at practice one day, didnt think anything of it. A few days later I heard that some of the guys noticed I was having a chew and they thought it was cool...Bad ass..... I felt like such an asshole...... I have tried to quit so many times, havnt chewed in a while and went out with the boys (all chewers) last night and fell right back off the frickn wagon. not any more.....This is my last Day 1 'bang head'
Welcome to the site, coach. You will see that there are a LOT of coaches on here...even a friggin gymnastics coach...go figure...(love ya NOLAQ!).

What I can say is this - you have an advantage over some. Just like there are a lot of Marines and soldiers on here, and they have an advantage. coaches and service members understand what it means to be committed to something...to set goals high and strive for them....to know what it means to be a part of something bigger than just ones self....to know how to take the pain, punishment and mental and physical stress and push through it.

You, as a coach, offer a valuable resource to KTC...you know how to talk to people, know how to sometimes get them to listen, know how to motivate others, know how to place a seed in them so that they want to succeed. THAT is almost a big a part of the success of this site as the quitting itself. You help others quit, it comes back to you ten-fold...it strengthens your own quit...

You need a number, mine is yours for the asking. Glad you joined the team...

- CoachDoc
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
You've already gotten solid advice so I'll just lend some support.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
I know this because I'm doing it and everyone on this site is doing it.

There is a life without dip. Stay strong-stay Quit.

Brian

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Coach - Congrats!!! I started dipping in HS. Our baseball coach dipped too. It wasn't his fault...he told us not to, but we did anyway. He looked up to him. About 20 years later, I found this site posted roll.

My motivation was being around for my family...and myself. If you set a goal to post roll each day and keep your word, you will quit one day at a time. But you must decide that nothing will come between you and your goal...nothing will make you break your word.

It is a fight. But it is one worth winning. Your life depends on it. Read all you can on this site. Focus on quitting and use what you're feeling now as motivation to never cave...ever!!!

Stay strong, stay quit, brother.
I'm from much the same situation. Keep that motivation in your mind coach, you will need it. We are all pulling for you. Welcome to the March quit group and to the rest of your (now longer) life.
"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
Coach - Congrats!!! I started dipping in HS. Our baseball coach dipped too. It wasn't his fault...he told us not to, but we did anyway. He looked up to him. About 20 years later, I found this site posted roll.

My motivation was being around for my family...and myself. If you set a goal to post roll each day and keep your word, you will quit one day at a time. But you must decide that nothing will come between you and your goal...nothing will make you break your word.

It is a fight. But it is one worth winning. Your life depends on it. Read all you can on this site. Focus on quitting and use what you're feeling now as motivation to never cave...ever!!!

Stay strong, stay quit, brother.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
Coach - welcome to the quit. Make sure you are quitting for you, not the role model. You have to be done. You have to know that it's the most stupid thing in the world to shovel this shit in your mouth. You have to want to quit. If that's the case, then you will succeed. It's easy to follow the directions:

1) Post up early in the day. I will not chew today
2) Keep your word. You can't break your word or you fail. Can you do this?
3) see Step 1.

I quit 185 days ago from 30 years of dipping. Talk about a fool. I wasted lots of time, energy and money on this not to mention damaged my health. I quit for me, not for wife, dog, friend, kid on a team, daughter.... just me. The cool thing is everyone around will benefit from it. Of course that only occurs once you quit being a prick because you are going thru the withdrawals.

So if you can keep the simple 3 step process going, you will beat this. BUT you can NEVER EVER have another dip again. Get the fake stuff, I still use it at 185 days. Not daily but almost. I like the feel of having a dip. When shit it the fan, I can reach for my can of fake. If that's what I need to stay away from the nic bitch then that's what I'll do. What's cool is I don't need it anymore. I don't carry it on me at all times. I don't hide it around the house in 12 locations so I can get to a can at any moment. I AM FREE. Nic bitch you lose again.

So Coach - you in? You going to join this TEAM of quitters?

If you need a contact, send me a email or PM message. I'll give you my number.

Glad you are making this decision at 28 and not at 45 like me.

Quit on, Quit Strong

RWM
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Oh and as far as going out with the boys for wine coolers.....there's a few ways I like to look at it.

1. You've made your decision to quit, there is no amount of beer or peer pressure that will make you shove a dip in your mouth ever again.

2. Stay away from that scene for awhile, quitting is THE most important thing you can do right now.

3. Like I said post roll, early everyday. If you do this, dip is off the table for the day.....if you are a man of your word......

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »
Posts taken care of.

Welcome and congrats on your decision. Post roll daily, read everything you can and get involved.

Shout if you need anything.

Offline Coach

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Sorry guys. Accidentaly posted this thing three times. My bad.

Offline Coach

Coach Bio
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
Hey everybody. I have surfed around looking at this site a few times, trying to talk myself out of the infamous "one more dip". Finally decided it was time to stop being a pussy and post roll!!

I am 28 and live in Wisconsin. I have a four year old daughter and it's time to quit. Here is the story behind my ah ha moment. I work as a high school football coach and the kids really do look at me as a role model. A few of the other coachs I work with chew as well and I was having a dip at practice one day, didnt think anything of it. A few days later I heard that some of the guys noticed I was having a chew and they thought it was cool...Bad ass..... I felt like such an asshole...... I have tried to quit so many times, havnt chewed in a while and went out with the boys (all chewers) last night and fell right back off the frickn wagon. not any more.....This is my last Day 1 'bang head'