Author Topic: Hardcore Dipper  (Read 1450 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hardcore Dipper
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 05:45:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Dg- I looked in January and didn't see a roll post? I also looked at your posting history and don't see any posts other than here in the intros. What gives?
^^^ ditto

The price of admission here is belonging to a quit group and your daily post to be free of nicotine today.

Sooo........?
'Popcorn' .... just sayin.....

I want you quit, but you have to do the legwork.....

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
Dg- I looked in January and didn't see a roll post? I also looked at your posting history and don't see any posts other than here in the intros. What gives?
^^^ ditto

The price of admission here is belonging to a quit group and your daily post to be free of nicotine today.

Sooo........?
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 02:08:00 PM »
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: dgc74
Thanks fellas...These days really do suck...I hope I don't get fired for being an asshole too....I appreciate the support, outside of this board, not many people understand....I am getting excited about being quit...what a fricking roller coaster.
Great work!!! This is a place we don't mince words, we dish it and take it. and we are serious about quitting.
One thing that is great about KTC is you can rage, yell, cuss, bitch, and generally be an asshole and we get it because we have been through the first week as well.
But we would rather have you do that here with us than, take it out on your family, etc.

Glad to have you aboard,
ID Spuds

Offline dgc74

• Quit Date: 2016-10-02
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
Thanks fellas...These days really do suck...I hope I don't get fired for being an asshole too....I appreciate the support, outside of this board, not many people understand....I am getting excited about being quit...what a fricking roller coaster.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: brettlees
Thanks Cavman...I posted roll yesterday afternoon...Just sayin....
Good job posting. And if you're feeling temper, that's normal. The withdrawal is so tough- but day by day you can get through and win. I remember early on that it took a 5 minutes by 5 minutes approach sometimes for me, when the headache was bad. And then the fears that popped up as my mouth shed it's lining after a few weeks quit. And the fog that lasted forever. But day by day, you get through it as long as the determination is there. Keep at it, more than whirling, you're really quitting now.... glad to quit alongside you today!
It's a weird ass journey, this quitting. You're gonna find out things about yourself you hadn't realized because we used nicotine as a balm or a replacement. One thing I hope you tap into soon is pride in yourself and... just how awesome it is t be free of the need to manage your addiction.

Rock on...

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
Good job posting. And if you're feeling temper, that's normal. The withdrawal is so tough- but day by day you can get through and win. I remember early on that it took a 5 minutes by 5 minutes approach sometimes for me, when the headache was bad. And then the fears that popped up as my mouth shed it's lining after a few weeks quit. And the fog that lasted forever. But day by day, you get through it as long as the determination is there. Keep at it, more than whirling, you're really quitting now.... glad to quit alongside you today!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline dgc74

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 09:15:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Thanks folks....thanks for calling me out on the 'give it a whirl' too....I feel like death lol....will post roll tomorrow....
Why wait? Make that promise now and join your group. We only have today.
No roll post? In my book that equals someone not serious about their quit. Just sayin....
Let's try this on: I'll go ahead dip tonight, I will stop tomorrow. Sound familiar to all of us until we got serious about our quit and quit then and there and never looked back! Sack up, be a man, it's not easy and you better damn well be serious about quitting or your wasting all of our time. This could literally be life or death, we choose life!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
Thanks folks....thanks for calling me out on the 'give it a whirl' too....I feel like death lol....will post roll tomorrow....
No roll post? In my book that equals someone not serious about their quit. Just sayin....

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 04:27:00 PM »
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline dgc74

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 03:47:00 PM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Hi All - on day 3 after 1.5 to 2.5 cans a day for last 25 years...started back in the day to lose extra water weight wrestling, and have never looked back. Quit once a few years back for 3 months.

In terms of work and kid duties, I always burn the candle at both ends and I kid myself that dipping would give me the energy to go non stop. I burned through 3 cans this saturday driving to watch the kid play junior hockey and I thought what a waste......mouth and gums fucked up, currently feel dizzy, lightheaded and weird chest pains...I want to be Quit for Good....gonna give it another whirl...
Nope.

Don't "give it a whirl". The attitude behind that isn't committed... isn't serious... isn't all in.

You never Quit before... you stopped. For a bit.

If you're serious about this, learn what it means to join a quit group and post roll daily with your promise to quit. It's how we do things here and... it works.

Jump all in, bro. You won't regret it.
You don't sound like a guy who does things half-ass, why quit half-ass. If you want it, get it!
^^^^ yep, you gotta go all in. This ain't easy. Simple, yes; easy, no way. Learn how it works sign up daily, and give it all. All you have is all it takes.
You can do it though, if you go beyond a "whirl" like AJ says! Glad you're about to step in!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »
Hi All - on day 3 after 1.5 to 2.5 cans a day for last 25 years...started back in the day to lose extra water weight wrestling, and have never looked back. Quit once a few years back for 3 months.

In terms of work and kid duties, I always burn the candle at both ends and I kid myself that dipping would give me the energy to go non stop. I burned through 3 cans this saturday driving to watch the kid play junior hockey and I thought what a waste......mouth and gums fucked up, currently feel dizzy, lightheaded and weird chest pains...I want to be Quit for Good....gonna give it another whirl...
Nope.

Don't "give it a whirl". The attitude behind that isn't committed... isn't serious... isn't all in.

If you're serious about this, learn what it means to join a quit group and post roll daily with your promise to quit. It's how we do things here and... it works.

You don't sound like a guy who does things half-ass, why quit half-ass. If you want it, get it!

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 02:06:00 PM »

Nope.