Author Topic: 1st Day of quitting.  (Read 792 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1st Day of quitting.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
Quote from: dabean22
you quit or just trying?
Wakeleyyy
I caved in. And started using the e cig yesterday morning.
What is this? 'Crazy' 'bang head'
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
you quit or just trying?
Wakeleyyy
I caved in. And started using the e cig yesterday morning.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
Jake - each day you have a decision to make. How will you define yourself? As a man who can keep his word or as a slave to the can? An individual or an ineffectual nothing?

The choices we make define our character. You are in control.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
Nice.. You posted roll. I am sure you will keep your word. Tomorrow you do it again. If all of this motley crew did it, you can do it too. You have got this Wake.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »
Welcome bro! Be smart... Take this seriously. Follow how we do things here and by the time you're my age your quit will be legendary! Freedom is so damn cool dude... Quit on.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ross8yrs

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Welcome Jake,

What a great decision, and a decision you should take very seriously.
This is a great resource for any serious quitter. read read read and ask questions, post roll, read the welcome center (link below). Most importanly, do not use nic no matter what. One day at a time is the policy. You can keep a promise for one day right?

index.php?showforum=13

Ross
One day, sometimes one hour at a time.

NEVER give in

Quit Date: 6-21-2013

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Jake quitting while your still young is showing you are using a lot of wisdom. I see you still haven't posted roll and recognize that it takes time to navigate the site but the most important place for you to get acquainted with is your Nov 2013 quit group and post roll daily there. Posting your daily promise and keeping your word will keep you quit!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Tell us about yourself...i'm assuming since you're only 2 years into this shit you are fairly young...CONGRATS! If you can sack up and have some testicles you have made a great decision to quit...wish i could have done it when i was younger!m QUit on
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
Best time to quit is right now so congratulations Jake. If you haven't already, get on the Nov quit group and post roll. I know you are going to have to fight harder than you ever have before, but it gets easier. Read everything KTC has and you will gain the knowledge and support you need.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Wakeleyyy
Hi guys im Jacob. you can call me jake if you would like. Today is my first day without dip. Ive dipped grizzly wintergreen for about 2 years. Im already going through hell :unsure:
Welcome Jacob! You said you are ready to go thru hell... Now are you ready to quit? Not sure they are the same thing, but I can tell you that quitting will be tough, so you need to be all in.

Get up into the Welcome Center and read about the site. If you are ready to commit to quitting nicotine and dip, then you are in the right place.

You will need to post roll and commit to not using nicotine for today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Wakeleyyy

1st Day of quitting.
« on: August 14, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
Hi guys im Jacob. you can call me jake if you would like. Today is my first day without dip. Ive dipped grizzly wintergreen for about 2 years. Im already going through hell :unsure: