Author Topic: Day 1 and it sucks  (Read 1388 times)

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 and it sucks
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
google hooch...or if you read around this site like you're suppose to you will find a plethora of links to fake stuff
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline HmmMaybeLater

• Quit Date: 2014-04-22
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Where do you guys get your fake dip from? Im really bugging from the oral fixation...I like sunflower seeds, gum is ok...any other stuff that seems to help?

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: HmmMaybeLater
Thanks brothers I really do appreciate the support...I find myself wanting to do it when Im bored most of all. I have a job at a car dealership and whenever im stuck in front of a computer I want to do it...ugh. Boredom is my enemy. Im an assistant manager at a Honda store in service if anyone wants any questions answered haha!
When you get bored, imagine this: http://www.tobacco-facts.info/images/ja ... ecimen.jpg
Did you post roll yet? I looked in July 2014 and did not see your name. that is step 1. that is your committment to yourself and us that you will stay quit today.

We quit One Day at a Time. All you need to do is get thru today quit. Do whatever you need to do in order to keep that crap out of your mouth. Get some alternatives like candy, gum, seeds,... whatever it takes.

Let's see a roll post.
Yeah I posted on roll yesterday...havent posted today
there are a few of us on here that work at car dealerships...myself and a bad ass named Jake...i know there's more but don't know for sure who they are...boredom is a bitch..the absolute main reason i bought the fake shit...i only use it occasionally anymore but it helps get over those moments of "fuck it i'm bored".
Posting roll should be the first thing you do on this site. Before you post an update in your intro... post roll. EDD.
Yep, listen to Derk. Posting is job #1.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
Quote from: jayd41
Thanks brothers I really do appreciate the support...I find myself wanting to do it when Im bored most of all. I have a job at a car dealership and whenever im stuck in front of a computer I want to do it...ugh. Boredom is my enemy. Im an assistant manager at a Honda store in service if anyone wants any questions answered haha!
When you get bored, imagine this: http://www.tobacco-facts.info/images/ja ... ecimen.jpg
Did you post roll yet? I looked in July 2014 and did not see your name. that is step 1. that is your committment to yourself and us that you will stay quit today.

We quit One Day at a Time. All you need to do is get thru today quit. Do whatever you need to do in order to keep that crap out of your mouth. Get some alternatives like candy, gum, seeds,... whatever it takes.

Let's see a roll post.
there are a few of us on here that work at car dealerships...myself and a bad ass named Jake...i know there's more but don't know for sure who they are...boredom is a bitch..the absolute main reason i bought the fake shit...i only use it occasionally anymore but it helps get over those moments of "fuck it i'm bored".
Posting roll should be the first thing you do on this site. Before you post an update in your intro... post roll. EDD.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

Let's see a roll post.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline HmmMaybeLater

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

Let's see a roll post.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »

Let's see a roll post.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »

Offline HmmMaybeLater

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »

E&C's Dad

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »
Glad you made it through the night! I quit with you again today. Fight the good fight you CAN do this!

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-18
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Im new to the quit too Brother, so I know your pain. IT SUCKS. But like you, everyone here decided to not be a slave to the can anymore. There is a lot of wisdom on KTC and if you use it and accept the help, WE will quit together!
Lambo*****915*******IOFFIO********************Full Time Quitter***********

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »
HmmmMaybe, I quit with you today. It's gonna suck for a few more days, then it gets better, bit by bit. You got this!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Hi, new to the forums...not new to dip. Been doing it for nearly 10 years. Started when I was 19, am now almost 28. I am about a can every 2 days guy. In all honesty, Ive wanted to quit for a long time. Ive slowly seen my teeth and gums become more and more eroded and had a scare that maybe I thought oh shit this is cancer when my gums were hurting about 2 weeks ago. Turns out my wisdom tooth is coming through.

Ive quit for periods of time before. But I am addicted. And I hate it. I hate waking up feeling like I need to stick this crap in my mouth to feel good. I hate having bad breath and stinky spit bottles sitting in my room. I hate having to run to make late night runs to the gas station when Ive run out. I hate wanting to stay up late at night just so I can get one more pinch in. And I utterly hate falling asleep with a pinch in, and waking up gasping for air when im choking on my own spit. And as much as I hate it, my body and mind convince me that I need it...that I love it.

I have to stop...I want to do great things in my life, and if I continue down this path, I dont know if Ill be around to do the things I want. I dont want to die from this, and I certaintly dont want to end up with half my jaw and face missing.

I often fear that I have already done the damage...that maybe ive already screwed myself over...I pray I havent. I quit...No more starting today. It will be tough, but im so sick of wasting my money and health on this crap...

Thanks for listening...I will do this.
Need to bump this intro back to the front. HmmMaybe,...tough handle for a site that prides itself on fostering badass quit. I'll say this,...that was a great intro. A prototype intro written by a day 1 addict. Please do not take offense to that, I'm not trying to be a jerk, just looking to re-sync your thought process for a minute. Up to this point you have only "stopped" for periods of time and moving forward you have to "quit" if you want great things. There's a huge difference between stopping and quitting. I used to stop for periods of time, but now I am quit. I am quit every day. See the difference.

What makes the intro so great is that it is loaded with addict talk. If you follow through, post roll and promise every day to stay quit, one day at a time. Should you read, learn, build a network of accountability, and own your quit, you will succeed.

Do yourself a favor and re-read this intro maybe after you have successfully quit day after day for 14 days or a month. You won't recognize the addict who wrote this intro, once you re-read it through the eyes of a quitter. I promise you it will be worth it. But until that day comes, I will quit with you every day, one day at time, until you can read this through the same lens as I. Lets do this!
Great stuff...I made it through the night...im hankering for a dip. Its ridiculous. I slept ok I think...I am dragging some ass though. Ill go make myself some coffee
No reason to put dip in your mouth unless you're choosing to kill yourself.

You can make it through today. I quit with you.

Offline HmmMaybeLater

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Hi, new to the forums...not new to dip. Been doing it for nearly 10 years. Started when I was 19, am now almost 28. I am about a can every 2 days guy. In all honesty, Ive wanted to quit for a long time. Ive slowly seen my teeth and gums become more and more eroded and had a scare that maybe I thought oh shit this is cancer when my gums were hurting about 2 weeks ago. Turns out my wisdom tooth is coming through.

Ive quit for periods of time before. But I am addicted. And I hate it. I hate waking up feeling like I need to stick this crap in my mouth to feel good. I hate having bad breath and stinky spit bottles sitting in my room. I hate having to run to make late night runs to the gas station when Ive run out. I hate wanting to stay up late at night just so I can get one more pinch in. And I utterly hate falling asleep with a pinch in, and waking up gasping for air when im choking on my own spit. And as much as I hate it, my body and mind convince me that I need it...that I love it.

I have to stop...I want to do great things in my life, and if I continue down this path, I dont know if Ill be around to do the things I want. I dont want to die from this, and I certaintly dont want to end up with half my jaw and face missing.

I often fear that I have already done the damage...that maybe ive already screwed myself over...I pray I havent. I quit...No more starting today. It will be tough, but im so sick of wasting my money and health on this crap...

Need to bump this intro back to the front. HmmMaybe,...tough handle for a site that prides itself on fostering badass quit. I'll say this,...that was a great intro. A prototype intro written by a day 1 addict. Please do not take offense to that, I'm not trying to be a jerk, just looking to re-sync your thought process for a minute. Up to this point you have only "stopped" for periods of time and moving forward you have to "quit" if you want great things. There's a huge difference between stopping and quitting. I used to stop for periods of time, but now I am quit. I am quit every day. See the difference.

What makes the intro so great is that it is loaded with addict talk. If you follow through, post roll and promise every day to stay quit, one day at a time. Should you read, learn, build a network of accountability, and own your quit, you will succeed.

Do yourself a favor and re-read this intro maybe after you have successfully quit day after day for 14 days or a month. You won't recognize the addict who wrote this intro, once you re-read it through the eyes of a quitter. I promise you it will be worth it. But until that day comes, I will quit with you every day, one day at time, until you can read this through the same lens as I. Lets do this!
Great stuff...I made it through the night...im hankering for a dip. Its ridiculous. I slept ok I think...I am dragging some ass though. Ill go make myself some coffee

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »

Certified Grade A Badass