Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 697 times)

Offline rmayer32

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Instigator
Quote from: rmayer32
Today is day 1 in the effort to finally get the can of crap out of my life after 25 years of slavery. Finding this site has helped push me to the point of being ready after a long internal struggle to go for it the last few months.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and going through this journey. Surprisingly, day 1 has not been the horrid day I had expected but of course tomorrow is another day.

Rick
I'm gonna play the heavy here. And I usually don't, but I feel for ya.

Do not look at this as a journey. Journey's have an ending. Quitting should have no ending for you. If you treat this as 'a journey', it makes it sound like you are striving for some artificial goal--a number--as opposed to a lifetime remaining of no chew.

This is a lifechange. Plain and simple. Don't wake up day 2, day 3 asking how bad the day is going to be. Tell yourself how good the day is going to be because you are no a longer a dipper! You're still an addict and always will be, but from this point forward, you are not a dipper.

If you make that mindset part of who you are, you got this whether it's day 2, or day 2,000. or day 2-da-grave.
That is a good point. The word journey can include unintended meaning. Thanks for the reply, that said the goal is real, simple, and for today, achieved. :D
The end of my self mutilation by dip date - December 14, 2011

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Today is day 1 in the effort to finally get the can of crap out of my life after 25 years of slavery. Finding this site has helped push me to the point of being ready after a long internal struggle to go for it the last few months.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and going through this journey. Surprisingly, day 1 has not been the horrid day I had expected but of course tomorrow is another day.

Rick
I'm gonna play the heavy here. And I usually don't, but I feel for ya.

Do not look at this as a journey. Journey's have an ending. Quitting should have no ending for you. If you treat this as 'a journey', it makes it sound like you are striving for some artificial goal--a number--as opposed to a lifetime remaining of no chew.

This is a lifechange. Plain and simple. Don't wake up day 2, day 3 asking how bad the day is going to be. Tell yourself how good the day is going to be because you are no a longer a dipper! You're still an addict and always will be, but from this point forward, you are not a dipper.

If you make that mindset part of who you are, you got this whether it's day 2, or day 2,000. or day 2-da-grave.
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline rmayer32

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Posted first roll this morning. Thanks for the welcome everyone. Day 2 started a little rough this morning but is beginning to ease up. At least the withdrawals are temporary and should serve as a nice reminder to leave the crap alone.

1 day at a time, no Skoal Mint today.. Only the second day I can honestly say that in 25 years.

Rick

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »

Rick
reed the 'WELCOME CENTER' stuff. bout why we post up roll and how to do it. then get over to the march 2012 hof groop and put your name on the line as a quiterer. then i can beleeve its day 1 and your not some fly by nite poster.

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »

Rick
Great choice man! I am on day 2. A few things that have helped me are hard candy, seeds and working out. Also, take the advice of the vets on here, really helped me. I cannot wait to post roll call everyday now!!!!

Offline rmayer32

Day 1
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »

Rick