Author Topic: Day One  (Read 736 times)

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day One
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 06:20:00 AM »
Quote from: dhicks
Thanks everyone. It seems right after a meal or while I am in truck is the worst time for me. Do you guys recommend using herbal dips-(Smokey Mountain). Right now I am chewing Big Red gum and drinking lots of water.
Welcome aboard brother!!

Sunflower seeds and sugar-free gum got me through the craves. No doubt after meals is the hardest, gum works best for me then.
Remember that each crave you beat back is a major accomplishment. It's one battle at a time, focus on that battle and get through it. It's going to suck at first, no getting around that. But it does get easier.

PM me if I can help in any way.

Brian

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. It seems right after a meal or while I am in truck is the worst time for me. Do you guys recommend using herbal dips-(Smokey Mountain). Right now I am chewing Big Red gum and drinking lots of water.
i used smokey religiously for about 30 days. Now (i'm on day 105) I don't use it at all. Either way, as long as nicotene does not find its way into your pie hole, then you're good with me.

Offline dhicks

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Quote from: jcook
Quote from: Maverick55
Maverick thanks for kind words.  I have tried to quit before.  Seems like something always derailed the quit.  Probadly it me just looking for an excuse to get a dip.  I am doing this for my family and myself.  I have a 5 year old and 15 month old and this is for them.
D - I have two kids of my own and they provide me with a tremendous amount of incentive; however, this quit is for me. I can't quit for them - that leaves the nic bitch a hole to go through. This must absolutely, without question, be for you and must be the most important thing to you. As many have said before me, make no mistake, you're in the fight of YOUR life - not theirs. You can have all kinds of reasons why you being in this world, with your whole face, is better for your kids but it still comes back to you vs. the nic bitch.

I'm behind you 100%. I saw your post in April - good work. You'll learn how to do it right as time goes by - all we care about is that you made your promise.

Quit on!
Well said. It's been said before: Quitting is simple, just not easy. You CAN do this. Make a commitment each day. It does get better.

Proud to be quit with you guys!
Sounds like you have your head screwed on right! Good work hicks. Get your plan together, especially for the weekend coming up. The first dip free weekend is tough.

Need anything PM me as well

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Maverick55
Maverick thanks for kind words.  I have tried to quit before.  Seems like something always derailed the quit.  Probadly it me just looking for an excuse to get a dip.  I am doing this for my family and myself.  I have a 5 year old and 15 month old and this is for them.
D - I have two kids of my own and they provide me with a tremendous amount of incentive; however, this quit is for me. I can't quit for them - that leaves the nic bitch a hole to go through. This must absolutely, without question, be for you and must be the most important thing to you. As many have said before me, make no mistake, you're in the fight of YOUR life - not theirs. You can have all kinds of reasons why you being in this world, with your whole face, is better for your kids but it still comes back to you vs. the nic bitch.

I'm behind you 100%. I saw your post in April - good work. You'll learn how to do it right as time goes by - all we care about is that you made your promise.

Quit on!
Well said. It's been said before: Quitting is simple, just not easy. You CAN do this. Make a commitment each day. It does get better.

Proud to be quit with you guys!
"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline Maverick55

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Maverick thanks for kind words. I have tried to quit before. Seems like something always derailed the quit. Probadly it me just looking for an excuse to get a dip. I am doing this for my family and myself. I have a 5 year old and 15 month old and this is for them.

Quit on!
Quit Date: 11/06/10
HOF Date: 02/14/11
2nd Floor: 05/25/11
3rd Floor: 09/02/11
4th Floor: 12/12/11
5th Floor: 03/19/12
6th Floor: 06/27/12

Offline dhicks

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
Maverick thanks for kind words. I have tried to quit before. Seems like something always derailed the quit. Probadly it me just looking for an excuse to get a dip. I am doing this for my family and myself. I have a 5 year old and 15 month old and this is for them.

Offline Maverick55

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Hello everyone!!

New to site. This is day one of the quit. This is not a New Year's deal. I was at the store this morning to buy my can for the day when I said to myself-NO MORE. I have been dipping for around 10 years. Using around 1-2 cans per day. Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
D, welcome - you've come to the right place and you've made one hell of a decision! You'll be in the April 2011 Quit Group and you're in with a great group of quitters. Make you're way over there, post your promise to not dip today and keep your word. That all we're about here. You will likely get some great information from one of Mods/Vets here real soon. Read it, read it all - and every time you want a dip, read it again. You can make this - proud to quit with you!

You need anything, PM me.
Quit Date: 11/06/10
HOF Date: 02/14/11
2nd Floor: 05/25/11
3rd Floor: 09/02/11
4th Floor: 12/12/11
5th Floor: 03/19/12
6th Floor: 06/27/12

Offline dhicks

Day One
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Hello everyone!!

New to site. This is day one of the quit. This is not a New Year's deal. I was at the store this morning to buy my can for the day when I said to myself-NO MORE. I have been dipping for around 10 years. Using around 1-2 cans per day. Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated.