Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 932 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Hello all
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Congrats on a great choice. Learn how and why we post roll. Then do it. 62 days is awesome...but the only thing that matters is today. Addiction is relentless. But you can control it ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Post roll, read everything you can, and repeat. You got this, brother!!!
6 years later the brother still throwing down solid quit wisdom! I appreciate you bean! Quit on!

Congrats on the 30 day's my brother! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
Congrats on a great choice. Learn how and why we post roll. Then do it. 62 days is awesome...but the only thing that matters is today. Addiction is relentless. But you can control it ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Post roll, read everything you can, and repeat. You got this, brother!!!

Offline JPAnthony

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 12:55:00 AM »
damn, 62 days? solid work. and congrats on the pending addition to your family. little girls are awesome man. i have a 6 month old and it's the best thing that has ever happened to me... and my quit is a close second as it will give me more time on this Earth to see her grow up.
Intro - Motivated to Quit - 26 September 2015
HOF: January 3, 2016
Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:38:00 PM »
Nice job Tom, and just think, neither of those kids will ever have a memory of their hero with poison in his face. I encourage you to read the Tom and Jenny Kern story at the top of the Words of Wisdom section. Especially with this kids that story will strengthen any man's resolve. You're quitting for you but they get to see a whole ton of benefits flowing from that.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Tom, way to dive in with roll!

This intro can serve as your quit log and a reminder to future you why you will use no nicotine again. As you know, 1 day 1 is plenty for a lifetime.

The intro also gives you a chance to document your reasons for quit, how bad the suck and fog are (embrace it, own it), and how it keeps getting better the longer you are quit. This will get you past the stupid duck hunting friends.

(Note, I will now admit I shot more ducks without dip... a lip full of spit doesn't bring them over the dekes).

I quit with you today. (and now I'm hungry for some duck rolls).
62 days on your own is badass, I'm thankful you are smart enough to realize that this shit is tough and a helluva lot easier with help. Own your quit it's yours. You and only you can stick that shit back in your mouth. Hopefully you want need extra help but I advise you to get numbers and give your's also. Give advice to newbies, it not only helps them but will also strengthen your quit! Damn proud to be quit with you today my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
Tom, way to dive in with roll!

This intro can serve as your quit log and a reminder to future you why you will use no nicotine again. As you know, 1 day 1 is plenty for a lifetime.

The intro also gives you a chance to document your reasons for quit, how bad the suck and fog are (embrace it, own it), and how it keeps getting better the longer you are quit. This will get you past the stupid duck hunting friends.

(Note, I will now admit I shot more ducks without dip... a lip full of spit doesn't bring them over the dekes).

I quit with you today. (and now I'm hungry for some duck rolls).

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
62 days being quit by yourself is really impressive. Realizing you need support to continue your quit is more impressive.

Welcome to KTC. I quit with you today.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
Perfect Tom! Welcome to the club. You'll be getting lots of support here. I quit numerous times too bro. This site is a Godsend. Congrats on your quit. Your head is in the right place. Stay quit. Post often. Welcome!!

Offline Tom C

• Quit Date: 2015-07-30
Hello all
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
New member, was told to introduce myself so here it goes. I'm 26, married with one boy 2.5 years and a little girl that will be here in 21 days. Quitting for them and myself. Chewed Cope since I was 15, not as often then but that's where I started my screw up. Started chewing heavy out of high school, only went through 2 cans a week but I constantly had a dip in and was a long dipper. Quit a few times off and on through the years. Went a year without a dip once then I had the stupid idea to have a dip on a duck hunt and that started the vicious cycle all over again. Gonna do it this time. Want to be around for the kiddos and their hot mamma for a long time. Done taking chances with something bad happening. I know a lot of people who've dipped for a lot of years and that was my excuse, if they're fine I'll be alright. But. . . What if I was the unlucky one? Don't want it to happen. Thanks for all the support.